I am struggling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ManiaStar

Nov 14, 2015
About a week ago, I started getting depressed again about my ex and that entire situation. I’m really struggling with this. I had been good for a long time but been depressed now for a little more then a week and I just can’t shake it this time. I’m praying about it.. also praying for him.

But filled with emotion and it’s affecting me to a big extent. I’m so unhappy. So far, it’s been 8 1/2 months since he cheated on me and I can’t get my mind away from it.

I cannot handle the stress or the pain of this anymore. Instead of me improving or things getting better, I feel it’s gett worse and now with winter coming, the holidays coming, I don’t know what to do.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
He cheated on you. That fact alone should keep you from thinking about him. Stop letting him live rent-free inside your mind..

ManiaStar

Nov 14, 2015
He cheated on you. That fact alone should keep you from thinking about him. Stop letting him live rent-free inside your mind..
It's not that easy when he and i were best friends for 7 years before we got together. Try being best friends w/ someone where you often spent 6 days out of the week together, working together too, and being together 12-14 hrs a day and just being together and doing everything together --- work, play, projects, everything. And then try being in a relationship w/ that person for a year and a half. You can't just forget. You can't just let it fully go after all of that has gone down. It's impossible to just fully let go.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
About a week ago, I started getting depressed again about my ex and that entire situation. I’m really struggling with this. I had been good for a long time but been depressed now for a little more then a week and I just can’t shake it this time. I’m praying about it.. also praying for him.

But filled with emotion and it’s affecting me to a big extent. I’m so unhappy. So far, it’s been 8 1/2 months since he cheated on me and I can’t get my mind away from it.

I cannot handle the stress or the pain of this anymore. Instead of me improving or things getting better, I feel it’s gett worse and now with winter coming, the holidays coming, I don’t know what to do.
Dear ManiaStar, :)

I'm sorry about your situation, but so glad you know the truth about your ex!!! Praise God! :)

You wanted the relationship to work, but it didn't. You were willing, but your ex was not.

The only way to get rid of the pain is to ................. forgive your ex and yourself, just as God has forgiven all of us.

In my life, as long as I hold on to unforgiveness or pain of rejection I just spiral into depression (it's inevitable) and the ONLY way out is FORGIVENESS and NO MORE LONGING for something or someone that God has removed from my life.

(HINT: There's a trick to forgiveness...................STOP JUDGING!!!! Stop judging your ex, yourself and God because we have no way of judging correctly - only God knows the mind of heart - we see only the outside.) :love:

I shall pray for you and all of us...................

Dear Heavenly Father, :love:

We love You so much! Thank you for looking out for us and helping us to make right decisions. Please forgive us when we want something that You don't want us to have. Help us to let go and desire only Your Best for us. Give us peace as we wait for You. We love You and thank You for hearing our prayer, in the Name of Jesus, amen. :love:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
It's not that easy when he and i were best friends for 7 years before we got together. Try being best friends w/ someone where you often spent 6 days out of the week together, working together too, and being together 12-14 hrs a day and just being together and doing everything together --- work, play, projects, everything. And then try being in a relationship w/ that person for a year and a half. You can't just forget. You can't just let it fully go after all of that has gone down. It's impossible to just fully let go.

I've been there, 3 separate times in fact. We were all best friends for years, did everything together, hung out all the time. Then as I dated them, they ALL cheated on me. One even raped me. So I don't even think about ANY of them anymore. Why should I, when they used me and treated me like sh** under their feet?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Ohhhhhhh................the broken heart of betrayal, I too am VERY familiar with it. :cry:

99.9 % of women will experience this heartbreak. Actually, EVERYONE (male, female, young, old) will be betrayed at some point in their life - whether it's a boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse cheating or bad business deal, or false witness, etc. - ALL of us have to go through the "Betrayal Trial and Tribulation." But, why? Well, because........

it's just another opportunity to learn to forgive injustice and overcome evil with good. No way is it easy, but with God ALL things are possible! :)

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we agree help ManiaStar overcome all these struggles, and bless your name,

Jun 18, 2013
Lord we pray for ManiaStar to know thy will and to be blessed in thee. In the precious name of Jesus.Amen

Dynamaniac

Feb 10, 2017
Lord, we thank you for your protection from more grief in this situation. We thank you that through trial, we gain endurance and through endurance, we gain character and from character, we gain hope. Build our endurance, Lord, that our character may produce more hope. We trust you, Father, for you alone know what is best for us. May we look forward to what your plan holds for us instead of looking back in despair. May we remember that, like the Israelites, you have plans that lead us to the promise land. May we follow you and remember that you are all that we need. Lord we pray for ManiaStar, that in the grief of loss your love will be evident and undeniable. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Cldevos

Oct 16, 2018

I’m praying for you

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m so sorry to hear about your situation, ManiaStar. I’m praying, asking God to surround you with His infinite love, comfort and strength at this difficult time. May He draw you closer to Himself, bring in healing and sustain you with His peace as you trust in Him.

Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

ManiaStar

Nov 14, 2015
I’m so sorry to hear about your situation, ManiaStar. I’m praying, asking God to surround you with His infinite love, comfort and strength at this difficult time. May He draw you closer to Himself, bring in healing and sustain you with His peace as you trust in Him.

Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Thank you Emily.

I have a little update. I had been getting peace on and off over the last week for which I’m thankful for.

Over the last 2 days, I’ve felt like God is telling me to trust him and to be patient and trust this process. For the most part, he has taken the depression away, yet, I am still struggling with it.

ManiaStar

Nov 14, 2015
Idk if I should make a new prayer request or post it in here as it has to do with this.

My uncle will be coming up from Florida this Saturday and staying with us for 2 weeks. He bought a house up here and my ex is working on the house for him. I’m struggling with all this bc my ex has lied to my uncle about me and him and is making excuses. My uncle doesn’t know the truth yet but he has good relations with my ex and I feel it’s a slap in my face bc here he cheated on me, yet, my uncle employs him (granted, he employed him initially when we were together but I heard he called his new gf gorgeous, the 1 he cheated on me with. Idk how to handle this and am getting very nervous.

I am planning on talking to my uncle 1 of the days about my ex to tell him the truth bc I feel like he’s condoning his bad behavior and praising him for his new gf. I hate how my ex lied to him. My uncle first asked him months ago what happened btwn him n me and he told my uncle that he lost feelings for me which is why he broke up with me. Fast forward to a few months later and he tells my uncle that he n I were never bf/gf only friends. He contradicted himself.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for the update, ManiaStar. God works in amazing ways and it’s great to hear that you have felt His peace and encouragement in a special way. Be assured of my continued prayers for healing and comfort. Be still and know that He is God.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018

Hi, ManiaStar, Why are you stuck on someone who you probably have no secure future with? I don't know you but I bet you deserve better. I'm

I cannot handle the stress or the pain of this anymore. Instead of me improving or things getting better, I feel it’s gett worse and now

with winter coming, the holidays coming, I don’t know what to do.

ManiaStar

Nov 14, 2015
Hi, ManiaStar, Why are you stuck on someone who you probably have no secure future with? I don't know you but I bet you deserve better. I'm
The reason I’m stuck on him is because God has spoken to me a Lot about him over the last 7 years. What I’m dealing with now is just part of that puzzle. I need to be patient, trust God and trust this process.

Yes, I still get depressed sometimes. That’s what happens when you really miss someone and still love them. Yes, he has wronged me in numerous ways but you know what?? He still matters. He’s still important. His life matters. He’s worth praying for and fulfilling whatever God’s purpose is.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Idk if I should make a new prayer request or post it in here as it has to do with this.

My uncle will be coming up from Florida this Saturday and staying with us for 2 weeks. He bought a house up here and my ex is working on the house for him. I’m struggling with all this bc my ex has lied to my uncle about me and him and is making excuses. My uncle doesn’t know the truth yet but he has good relations with my ex and I feel it’s a slap in my face bc here he cheated on me, yet, my uncle employs him (granted, he employed him initially when we were together but I heard he called his new gf gorgeous, the 1 he cheated on me with. Idk how to handle this and am getting very nervous.

I am planning on talking to my uncle 1 of the days about my ex to tell him the truth bc I feel like he’s condoning his bad behavior and praising him for his new gf. I hate how my ex lied to him. My uncle first asked him months ago what happened btwn him n me and he told my uncle that he lost feelings for me which is why he broke up with me. Fast forward to a few months later and he tells my uncle that he n I were never bf/gf only friends. He contradicted himself.
Hi To your uncle it's prob more about the business than your
The reason I’m stuck on him is because God has spoken to me a Lot about him over the last 7 years. What I’m dealing with now is just part of that puzzle. I need to be patient, trust God and trust this process.

Yes, I still get depressed sometimes. That’s what happens when you really miss someone and still love them. Yes, he has wronged me in numerous ways but you know what?? He still matters. He’s still important. His life matters. He’s worth praying for and fulfilling whatever God’s purpose is.
Hi, I guess I'm very practical. If I sensed a guy I was with had a roving eye, I wouldn't spend my valuable time trying to change him. If there was something there after 7 yrs, then another yr+ and he's playing around u just need to face the facts. It's like when someone loses a pet, the best way to overcome loss is to REPLACE it. You need to get involved with volunteer work or Bible studies or just pray the Comforter will guide u and maybe go on-line dating & have FUN!

Upchrist

Oct 24, 2018
I understand you so much,the pains and depression and emotions. But don't worry Jesus is Besides you to help you and will carry you through.
I need you to know that this are attacks on your emotion by the demons. They are warring against you and their Target is to get to your WiLL. You can read a book by Robert liardon titled "breaking controlling Powers".
You must fight back, take charge, its a spiritual war. Those depression are sponsored from the pit of hell. Pray it loud call the person name, lay your hand your head, pray for your brain cells, do it boldly with firmness. I Pray HOLY SPIRIT put word as you pray. Speak tongues if you are baptized. This. Will hasten your recovering.

T

theanointedsinner

Revelation 21:4