I am the rejected one: Jesus please take me home (Poem)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Live4Him2

Thanks again. Peter certainly said some amazing things, for his trials and struggles taught him so much, even the lashing that he received from Paul in Galatians likely led him to his wisdom. Peter also wrote later in chapter 5 the following:

1 Peter 5:10 NLT - "In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation."

And that is my only hope in this world. I have no confidence in the "church," for even the "church" has mocked and ridiculed me. Nor do I place any hope in humans. There was a time when there was literally no one for me to call upon in my cell phone. I would tell myself, "Is is true? There really isn't anyone for me to call? There is no one?" A few times I went through this process of scrolling through my phone . . . and there was, in fact, not one person to even listen to what I was going through and experiencing. It was the most unbelievable feeling . . . it was beyond horrible.

And while it might sound and seem as though I am complaining, I am not. I am absolutely grateful! Why? Because if I were surrounded by a multitude of friends, family, and an overall amazing support system, would I have turned to God? Would I have ever understood His Holy Scripture as I do today? Not a chance. Who needs a lifesaver? Only those who are drowning . . . and in this life, we all need that lifesaver, thus, in theory, we should all be in that state of drowning and least at some point in our lives.

While I live in agony and though I live each day with a "broken heart," so to speak, my Spirit is 100% strong. I believe in myself and am thankful that the Changes that the Lord has placed within me. Without the Lord being in control of my life, these things would not have happened, nor would I have ever grown to be who I have become today. And who I am today, is essentially the person that I always hoped that I would become when I was a lost sinner with an unCircumcised heart.

I am so thankful!
I hear you.

As the old expression goes, and I don't mean for this to sound the least bit dismissive or to somehow diminish the severity of anything that you're presently going through, "You're preaching to the choir".

In other words, my own life very much mirrors yours, so I know exactly what you're talking about.

I heard a sermon once in which the preacher said that you could have the fastest and strongest horse ever, yet it's basically of no use whatsoever to its owner until the time comes that it is broken or until it comes into submission to its rider.

And so it is with us and God.

If a seed doesn't fall into the ground and die, then it never produces a harvest.

It truly is in losing our lives that we find them.

That's easy to say, but, as you've admitted yourself, and as I'll similarly admit now myself, not as easy to live out.

We truly came into this world naked, and we'll leave with nothing but that which is eternal.

Everything else is vanity and a striving after the wind.

As you said earlier, Paul had a desire to depart and to be with Christ which is far better, yet it was needful that he remain in the flesh for the potential benefit of others.

In my own case, if it wasn't primarily for my children, who I love to pieces, and for the harvest which is perishing in the field, spiritually speaking, then I'd have absolutely nothing holding me to this present life or to this present evil world.

Again, it's somewhat scary to even say that in that this life, to a large degree, is all that we've ever known.

At the same time, however, if we've truly "tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come" (Heb. 6:4-5), then this, and this alone, is what sustains us in the midst of our trials and tribulations, and ultimately in the face of death.

Like I said, you're in my prayers.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
This has turned from a despair thread into a beautiful brotherly love thread...
...xox...
It sure has. This is what we are supposed to be accomplishing here! Why people want to fight, argue, name call, and all of that . . . it just boggles my mind. We don't have time to launch assault after assault upon each other, but we [do] have the time to extend Grace, Love, and Compassion for the Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

L

Live4Him2

It sure has. This is what we are supposed to be accomplishing here! Why people want to fight, argue, name call, and all of that . . . it just boggles my mind. We don't have time to launch assault after assault upon each other, but we [do] have the time to extend Grace, Love, and Compassion for the Brothers and Sisters in Christ.
Our purpose here, in this life, and not only on this forum, truly ought to be to edify or build up one another in love (Eph. 4:15-16).

That said and meant, there are, however, many times when we cannot truly "build up" until we've first "rooted out, pulled down, destroyed, or thrown down" that which is presently standing in a place where it ought not to be standing.

Again, I'm reminded of the word of the Lord which came to Jeremiah in relation to his calling or commission:

"See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant." (Jeremiah 1:10)

I'm also reminded of the words of Solomon who said:

Ecclesiastes chapter 3

[1] To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
[2] A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
[3] A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
[4] A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
[5] A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
[6] A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
[7] A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
[8] A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Granted, people can easily misapply such verses as these to cover up their own contempt for others, but there truly is a place for such things if our actions are truly motivated by love.

S

Seeking-Christ

It seems to me, the reason why people fight and argue is because there are people who think it's their right to be blunt, whenever they think the truth is on their side. Some might call it "tough love" but on the internet, I'm not sure that "tough love" works. I like it when people share a little something here and there. And not just hit me over the head with something.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
I am the rejected one,

I fall into the depths of despair.
I know you don't care.

Down into the pit of hell,
You rejoiced as I fell.

Unloved beaten and forgotten...

Be happy in your life,
One that is not full of strife.
Never remember how you stuck me with your knife.

I'm growing too old,
I'm no longer bold,
I give up on my life.

Jesus please take me home.

*This poem is inspired by 42 years of being rejected by my pears.
I feel that way too some times.

A toast to the rapture in hopes that someday this earth will perish and we will all be united with Christ in heaven where sin and pain have no more dominion and where life will finally be worth living