I believe God spoke to me recently

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Sorry I can't just jump there on my own. Wish I could! It takes a deeply intuitive person to make such jumps.
Do not depend upon even me, but depend upon the Spirit to teach you these things. I am only opening the door, but it will be the Spirit who teaches and implants them into your heart. Ask, knock, and seek and do not ever stop! :D

F

FrancisClare

Ok - went back and reread. The chronological order you said I could find. I will look.

F

FrancisClare

Indeed. So much more to understand.

F

FrancisClare

That looks very useful. Thank you again.

F

FrancisClare

A good guide for reading.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
A good guide for reading.
All other reading plans will only keep a person in total confusion about the Story of God. We [must] know and understand the Story of God, for, it is the Gospel itself.

F

FrancisClare

All other reading plans will only keep a person in total confusion about the Story of God. We [must] know and understand the Story of God, for, it is the Gospel itself.
And that is life itself.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Brother tsmtuf After some 3 months of becoming a new Born again believer at the tender age of 22, I was in my Pastors house,the Pastor and his wife asked me to watch the house while they went to the store,sure fine I said,I went into his den to pray,just general prayer,I asked the Lord of he would ever confirm myself to him,I didn't know that Jesus can actually use people to talk to you,as he di you.

Anyway about 20 min into my prayer a knock was at the door, and old man with a hat asked if my first name was Mark?? I said why yes it is but I do not know you sir. His replay leaves me still stunned to this day!!! He said" God always send's who he knows,and he always knows who he sends! Have a blessed day"! I looked down at my feet at that moment,and when I looked back up to him he was gone!! No car,no nothing!!( Hebrews 13:2) to me is very real!!)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
eec1360fb7318e585b22a63413232294 - Copy.gif

"A spiritual 'happening' is an extraordinary experience that leaves no doubt,
and no explanation is adequate."

Jan 15, 2022
Tstumf,

What an amazing story! I love those moments! They make me so excited! Your story reminds me of a similar experience I had. But I was on missionary's side of the story in this case. I am shy like you, so I didn't expect this encounter. But I was walking down a side street and I felt impressed to talk to a guy who was just standing on the corner near a building. I kept arguing in my head that I wouldn't know what to say and all those other generic excuses. But the impression came on so strongly that I finally decided to listen and just said "Hi" to the man. He responded back with a friendly answer and honestly I don't remember a lot of the conversation except that he told me that he was looking for a church to join to help him get his life back on track. I told him that there was a congregation near by, but I would have to find out where it was since I didn't have my phone on me at the time and I wasn't from that area. Then we politely ended the conversation and I went on my way. About a half a block later, the impression came to me that I needed to go back and talk to that man a second time. Again, I argued in my head that I couldn't do that because he had said he was just coming off drugs and that made me a little nervous since I am not used to being around people who do drugs. I thought to myself all I need to do is pray for the man. So I continued for another block, but the impression would not leave me alone. I turned down another side street in an effort to go back but found myself wandering around for a few blocks before I eventually ran into the man again. This time I told him that I had been impressed to come talk to him. I asked him a few questions about why he was standing there on the corner and if he believed that God could help him. I proceeded to tell him that story of another man who I knew who had been on drugs and when he turned his life over to God, he was completely healed from all of those addictions! He was so inspired by that story that he said he wanted to be in church for the next service. I was able to give him a phone number to call to reach out to a church and get bible studies and help with his life.

He also called me his "angel"! It is pretty amazing how God's guidance can show up our lives when we least expect it!

Nov 23, 2021
So I was traveling. Week long business trip. 450 miles from home. Was feeling a bit homesick, lonely, down on myself, questioning my commitment to the faith because I was in the midst of being tempted with a desire of the flesh. Though I didn’t give into the temptation I was still feeling the warfare . I decided to go for a walk and clear my head . Out of nowhere a bearded man stops me in my hotel hallway. This stranger introduces himself as a traveling missionary. Told him my name and what church I was attending on Sundays. He had a concerned look on his face but didn’t say anything further on that in particular but He identified himself as a disciple of Christ on a missionary trip . I’m Not good with names and couldn’t tell ya what his name was or what his denomination or affiliation was but I was so caught by surprise by his willingness to engage in conversation I was initially guarded because I’ve never had anyone outside my church walls strike up conversation about the faith with such boldness in public . Such conversations have always been confined to the church building and what ever has been shared in conversations had been very shallow and impersonal seems like for me till now. As we continued to converse about the faith he stops me and speaks something profound to me about my faith. He asks me “why are you speaking like you aren’t entirely convinced yet.” He proceeds to give me some thought provoking words that I reflected on needing to be absolutely convinced that I’m saved and celebrating that and living confidently in Gods greatness. Mind you I didn’t share any words about my present struggles in the faith. But he spoke to me as though I had just poured out my life to he guy. He prayed over me about my life and faith shook hands and went our own ways.

Bumped into him again later while I was in the little hotel gym. He proceeded to ask me a simple question “are you ready to be a disciple of Christ” I smiled and said absolutely. I Explained some of my shyness and guarding from our prior conversation. He proceeded to explain how it was probably due to a wound I received in my past long ago.
Boom… a couple painful memories flooded my mind. I Gave no hint to him as to what was happening but it was very revealing to me. We shook hands blessed each other and I thanked him and went our own ways.

As I laid in bed that night thinking about it. I remember hearing of how God can work and speak through other people in our lives . And it hit me like a Mack truck. I just experienced God working and speaking to me. Blown away in amazement . Never had this happen before.

So If you are out there mr. Disciple whoever you are and you happen to be reading this. God is doing great things through you. Keep doing what your doing. You have given me some things I need to reflect on in my walk with God . Bless you sir.
Sounds like God. You are learning He is sovereign in humankind , you life , in control, that His people are not confined to a building but one in the Spirit over the face of the earth. Jesus is Lord. Sometimes I'm looking for something and he'll put my hand right on it. Thanks for sharing , bless you.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
Hebrews 13:2

T

tstumf

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.
Hebrews 13:2
And I really still do believe he was an angel sent to call me to the path to maturity in the faith. There is No doubt in my mind he was an angel. Or at least sent to prompt me to begin that spiritual journey beyond my 1hour church service I had been in prior to this. I still attend Sunday service but I closed down Facebook and the time I used to spend pointlessly mindlessly scrolling now is either here trying to get oriented on some of my messy life issues or I’m in Bible app, in my paper study Bible , or reading literature from sages of the faith like Dallas Willard, John Piper, or CSLewis, John Bunyan etc. also observing myself being more intentional about what i do and say etc. it’s been amazing despite the way it’s revealed my failures and brought some humility to some formerly proud boastful areas of my life. I’m really hopeful in continuing to mature in the faith.

Jun 12, 2021
Just as the Scripture states. Spiritual Circumcision is the removal of the Sinful Nature, also known as the Mind of Satan compared to the Mind of Christ. The Sinful State of a "man" is Sarx in Greek. If you look at your footnotes, you will find the word "flesh" is in reference to Sarx, the sinful state of a person. Therefore, we must come to understand the difference in usage each time the word "flesh" is used. Sometimes it is used to described human flesh, but others, the Sinful Nature.

Galatians 3:13 from the NLT is the best translation for this passage. It states:

Galatians 3:13 NLT - "But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

Other translations state that the Law of Moses is the Curse, but that's wrong, for the Law is Good, Righteous and Holy.

Romans 7:12 NLT - "But still, the law itself is holy, and its commands are holy and right and good."

So, the Purpose of Christ is to come to earth and redeem us of this Curse. That is the basis of John 3:16. The Work of Christ is to actually perform this Holy Operation of Faith. Now, here is the THIRD (interesting number, right?) element of Christ, and it is the Effect of Christ. And the effect of Christ is the Romans 12:2 Holy Transformation. Or, we could say that the Effect of Christ is for a person to be able to Love as described in 1 Cor chapter 13, the "Love Chapter." No one can Love in THAT way unless they have been Transformed by the Work of Christ, His Spiritual Circumcision.

So, when, in Romans 7, Paul stated that he was doing the things he didn't want to do . . . he was referencing his pre-transformed life. Look at what he said . . .

Romans 7:18-19 NLT - "And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can't. 19 I want to do what is good, but I don't. I don't want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway."

Compare this, quickly, with Colossians 2:11 and 13 where he also said . . .

Colossians 2:11, 13 NLT - "When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature." ... 13 "You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins."

In Romans 7, Paul is talking about his former life BEFORE the Sin Nature was removed. How could he write about possessing a Sinful Nature and then later talk about how the Work of Christ, which makes a person whole and complete, is cut out and permanently removed?

So, after a person has begun their Transformed, Romans 12:2 life, they will begin to say, "You know, the horrible things that I used to do, I no longer want to do them. Why? Because within the New Divine Nature of Christ, I hate sin. I have been Enabled to not only hate my sin, but I am learning to stop it altogether. So, the things I once did, I no longer do them."

2 Peter 1:4 NLT - "And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world's corruption caused by human desires."

These are the Promises that are spoken of to Abraham and Sarah in Genesis chapters 17!

The removal of the Sinful Nature is done so, so as to be replaced by the Divine Nature. Now get this . . . what is the job of the Human Nature? It SERVES! So whatever Nature we possess, we will serve "it." And this is why the Mind of Satan must be replaced by the Mind of Christ.

You are about to be totally Transformed, FrancisClare!
Pre-salvation God's elect have that contention going on. Nonelects don't have it.

Romans 7:18-19 NLT - "And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can't. 19 I want to do what is good, but I don't. I don't want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway."