I believe the spirit of Christ is my new nature

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 15, 2020
The flesh does not try? No work of faith as a labor of Love for our savior?

Did you mean before the conversion the flesh the not try to appease the word of God?

The old man in Jesus was part of the thought process. He did not do the will of the flesh (old man) he worked with the father doing the will of the father "perfectly" without sin.

If we say we have not or do not sin by falling short of the the glory of God we simply make God into the liar and not us .(1 John )

We are saved and kept by the same "hearing of Christ faith" that works in us. God's Spirit working mutually in every believer called the same spirit of faith as it is written

Don't be like the foolish Galatians .That can be found in Chapter 3.

A fool says there is not God in their heart. Christian do act foolishly and are forgiven. Remember when we do deny the faith of Christ that works in us he cannot deny he has paid the wage in full.

The sins (many) are not imputed to us .We trust in his work of faith or labor of love. Not of our own self. Why murmur rather than beleive? ?

Did Jesus murmur when he worked with the father. Or being yoked with the father it made the burden lighter (sabbath rest)

Philippians 2:13-14 King James Version (KJV) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
I see 1 John talking to the unbelievers in this verse... If we say we have not sinned...

Jun 15, 2020
Both of your Greek words fit with my renewed mind thinking. I don't see a contradiction. But you have my attention if you can expound on what your point is.
Romans: A making other and different from what had been formerly.
(Could easily be to decide to change)

Ephesians: Recent, as well as different, only lately originated or established; denoting that a new spirit should dwell in those who have put on the new man.
(Could easily indicate to join together)

Jun 15, 2020
God's Word is what stands. And when you decide in your [un]"renewed mind thinking" that you can change what is written in Rom 12:2 because you "don't see a contradiction", that is not proper workmanship. We can't mix our thoughts/ideas in with God's Word and conclude we still have God's Word. We don't ... all we have is man's reasonings.

The "renewed mind thinking" believer takes God's Word as written and casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (2 Cor 10:5).

The point is we do not realize there is a difference between the "renewing" of Rom 12:2 and the "renewed" of Eph 4:23 because we read the words in english. In english, "renewing" and "renewed" appear to be the same thing with the exception of the suffix ["ing" and "ed"].

We do the same thing when we read the word "love" in Scripture without understanding that there are different Greek words which are translated into the english word "love". Example: In John 21:15-17, two times Jesus asked Peter if Peter loved [Greek agapao] Him and Peter answered that he loved [phileo] Jesus. the third time Jesus asked Peter, Jesus asked him if he loved [phileo] Him and Peter replied that he loved [phileo] Him. Without understanding the nuances in the Greek text, we would not see the difference. And it behooves us to search out these truths in order that we might come to a more perfect understanding of the Word of God.

Without looking at the Greek text, we would not know that there were two different words used in Rom 12:2 and Eph 4:23.

Below is from Vines Expository Dictionary:

Renew/Renewing:
(Strong's #342 — Noun Feminine — anakainosis — an-ak-ah'ee-no-sis )
akin to A, No. 1, "a renewal," is used in Romans 12:2 , "the renewing (of your mind)," i.e., the adjustment of the moral and spiritual vision and thinking to the mind of God, which is designed to have a transforming effect upon the life; in Titus 3:5 , where "the renewing of the Holy Spirit" is not a fresh bestowment of the Spirit, but a revival of His power, developing the Christian life; this passage stresses the continual operation of the indwelling Spirit of God; the Romans passage stresses the willing response on the part of the believer.

(Strong's #365 — Verb — ananeoo — an-an-neh-o'-o )
"to renew, make young" (ana, as in No. 1, and neos, "recent," not different), is used in Ephesians 4:23 , "be renewed (in the spirit of your mind)." The "renewal" here mentioned is not that of the mind itself in its natural powers of memory, judgment and perception, but "the spirit of the mind," which, under the controlling power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, directs its bent and energies Godward in the enjoyment of "fellowship with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ," and of the fulfillment of the will of God. The word is frequent in inscriptions and in the papyri.

As far as the usage of the two different words ... in Rom 12:2, the emphasis is on the transformation which takes place in the life of the born again one as the renewing of the mind takes place ... and this must occur before we can "put off" the old man in order that we are renewed in the spirit of our mind so we can put on the "new man". Please note that the letter to the Ephesians is written to those who are faithful in Christ Jesus (Eph 1:1). The transforming by the renewing of the mind of Rom 12:2 works to our being faithful in Christ. Those who are faithful in Christ are instructed to put off the old man, be renewed in the spirit of the mind, and put on the new man (Eph 4:22-24).

Sometimes, it is good to ponder and meditate upon verses and allow God to work in our hearts to bring increase so we understand what He wants us to know ...

Ephesians: Recent, as well as different, only lately originated or established; denoting that a new spirit should dwell in those who have put on the new man.

Mar 28, 2016
I see 1 John talking to the unbelievers in this verse... If we say we have not sinned...
Unbelievers do not have the faith that comes from God needed to hear and believe in a living hope of obeying the commandment .study to seek His approval. Not just a good suggestion. They can hear but have no power to believe.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

If we say we do not sin it makes God the liar and not us. Not only have all sinned but they continue to fall short of the unseen glory of God all the days of their dying. Temporal life.

Mar 28, 2016

Yes, yoked with Christ our rest. as he works in us to both will and perform his good pleasure. The better things that acompanies salvation.( Hebrew 6) a promise he will not forget the good works being strengthened by Him that we can offer towards his name or power.

Mar 23, 2016
We have no ability to change ourselves even though we think we can "decide to change". The transformation takes place inwardly as God works within us. He transforms us.

The word "renewing" in Rom 12:2 is a noun, not a verb.

The word "transformed" is the verb (action) and it is in the passive voice (which means the subject is the recipient of the action). Also the present tense (which means it is occurring in actual time). God is constantly working within us as He conforms us to the image of His Son (which will not be fully realized by us while we live in these earthen vessels).

The only thing we are instructed to do in is present ourselves as living sacrifices to God (Rom 12:1).

We present ourselves to God ... and He works the transforming process in us as we submit to His working within us.

But, sad to say, we sometimes strive with our Maker ... He removes sin from us and we turn right back around and take it back by engaging in the same behavior He just cleansed from us. Thank You Father for Your patience, Your grace, Your mercy, Your love for each and every one of us.

Peterlag said:
The "new spirit" is what God creates within the believer when he/she is born again. That "new spirit" does not disappear if/when we stray from who we are in Christ (i.e. go back to our old man tendencies/habits).

If/when we find that we have been drawn away, we are to turn our hearts back to the Lord Jesus Christ and He brings us back to the fold.

Jul 11, 2020
I believe the spirit of Christ is my new nature and therefore I have been able to function in it. To live in it, walk by it, and be in it. When I finally figured this out is when the lights turned on. Most of my life I believed I was in a battle between what I thought was my old man fighting against what I thought was my new man. Now I'm not fighting. I moved right in the darn thing. It seems to me one cannot walk in or by the spirit if our old nature (which is dead) thinks it's fighting against our new nature.

Last night is when I took the red pill that released me from the Matrix. Being in Christ is not what I was taught, meaning that you are in fellowship, which means you are walking upright with your flesh. I now understand being in Christ is being in the spirit and neither of them (in Christ or in the spirit) has anything to do with the darn flesh.

It now seems perfectly clear to walk in or by the spirit is the same as putting on the Lord Jesus Christ. It's the same as having fellowship with Jesus Christ, which is also part of having the mind of Christ. Living in Christ is the same as being strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. There's a verse where Jesus says without me you can do nothing. Well, I'm never without him.

Yes. it is only when we realize that man is not flesh that we can stop living in falsehood and begin to express our true self as God's image and likeness. We continue to work with the mind of Christ.

Mar 28, 2016
You have nothing to support that kind of hermeneutics. All of mankind falls short of the glory of God.. . daily

We are made aware of the wile of the devil. What God calls one the father of lies makes into two or two into one. What God calls inspired from above up the spirit of error calls down, earthly inspired .

Satan is the upside downer, counterfeiter. he says one thing and does the opposite. When God says walk by faith he says walk by sight.

There is not a bible written to unbelievers, and another to those who do believe . I have not seen that kind of paraphrase. There is old anew both written to those who move according to the faith as it is written.

Not private interpretation to those who love not the word.

2 Peter 1:19-21 King James Version (KJV) We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Mar 23, 2016
Yes. it is only when we realize that man is not flesh that we can stop living in falsehood and begin to express our true self as God's image and likeness. We continue to work with the mind of Christ.
That we live in the flesh in this lifetime is not "falsehood". The truth is that while we live in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

2 Corinthians 10:

3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

2 Cor 4 tells us that the treasure (the Christ within the born again believer) is held in an earthen vessel (our fleshly bodies) :

2 Corinthians 4:

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

As we continue to grow up and mature in our walk in the Lord, we experience what is revealed in the following verses:

2 Corinthians 4:

8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Jul 11, 2020
Lafftur said

Eventually, our bodies will be redeemed on the day Jesus Christ returns and resurrects us out of our graves. Until then, we as children are to keep learning how to walk by the Spirit (by the renewing our our minds) so we do NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

I disagree

With the understanding brought to us by our Lord Jesus Christ, we are expected to grow in grace to become Christlike here on earth. Our Father expects us to be holy and perfect as he is while living here on earth. Eternal life starts here on earth if we truly go by the understanding Jesus gave us. As children of God, he empowers us by his words and works to subdue the deeds of the flesh. We are made to have dominion over the lusts of the flesh which corrupts the body not just learning how until Jesus comes

it is our spiritual responsibility and we can achieve that through the Spirit.

I will recommend the book below to see a different perspective on this topic.

Tittle ----- SOLVING THE MATRIX OF BEING ( Understanding who we are in relation to God Almighty.)
Where to buy ------ AMAZON.COM
search book by the tittle

Mar 23, 2016
With the understanding brought to us by our Lord Jesus Christ, we are expected to grow in grace to become Christlike here on earth.
Yes, we grow in grace throughout our lifetime on this earth.

1 John tells us that while we are "here on earth" we will not be as He is until He appears. 1 John also tells us we don't even know what we shall be:

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1 Corninthians 13 tells us that at this point in time we see through a glass darkly and we only know in part:

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

infinitekhanol said:
Eternal life starts here on earth if we truly go by the understanding Jesus gave us. As children of God, he empowers us by his words and works to subdue the deeds of the flesh. We are made to have dominion over the lusts of the flesh which corrupts the body not just learning how until Jesus comes

it is our spiritual responsibility and we can achieve that through the Spirit.
In agreement that everlasting life "starts here on earth" at the moment we are born again.

In agreement that God empowers us to overcome the deeds of the flesh.

Do you agree that we are tempted and sometimes we succumb to the temptation as we are drawn away through the lusts of our flesh?

James 1:

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Every single one of us is tempted. And please understand ... it is not sin to be tempted.

The sin occurs when we are drawn away through the over desires of our flesh, turn from God and His provision for us, and rely on our own strength.

God tells us in 1 Cor 10:13 that He will always make a way for us to overcome the temptations we face:

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

We are all faced with temptation. The issue is how we deal with the temptation ... do we turn from God, rely on our own devices (which always fail) ... or do we patiently wait, steadfast in faith, for God to provide the way to escape?

Sometimes when we face temptation, our adversity lasts longer than a moment. It can last days, weeks, months, years. And what we learn in 1 Peter 5, is that while we are going through our struggles, God works within us to perfect, establish, strengthen, settle us ... even as we are going through the struggles, praying to God that the attack of the adversary will come to an end:

1 Peter 5:

6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Notice in vs 10 that God doesn't tell us how long we're going to suffer. He just tells us "a while". However, during this time of affliction, we are never alone because God is working within us.

And then we have that great promise that when we resist the devil, he will flee:

James 4:

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you ...

The only way I know of to resist the devil is to draw near to God and He will draw near to me.

Jul 11, 2020
reneweddaybyday said

No, we grow in grace to become Christlike here on earth. . That is the goal and our Father's mandate to us -------- to be holy and perfect as he is.

Mar 23, 2016
reneweddaybyday said

No, we grow in grace to become Christlike here on earth. . That is the goal and our Father's mandate to us -------- to be holy and perfect as he is.
please re-read what you submitted in your Post #50:

"With the understanding brought to us by our Lord Jesus Christ, we are expected to grow in grace to become Christlike here on earth."

We are directed to grow in grace (2 Peter 3:18).

As far as our becoming "Christlike here on earth", that is something God works within us as He conforms us to the image of His Son.

Do you agree with 1 John 3:2 and 1 Corinthians 13:12?

1 John 3:2 states that while we live on this earth we do not even know what we shall be?

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1 Corninthians 13 tells us that at this point in time we see through a glass darkly and we only know in part:

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Jul 11, 2020
reneweddaybyday asked

Do you agree that we are tempted and sometimes we succumb to the temptation as we are drawn away through the lusts of our flesh?

We learnt from the scripture that immediately after Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, he was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil (Mathew 4:1). The Spirit led him to be tempted or tried. Hence, the trial of our faith is part of the way of Christendom or living a Christ-like life. Jesus exemplified the way to show us how to do it and set us in the way of righteousness. We must learn from his example and do it ourselves as he has done.We must walk as he has walked on earth (1 John 2:6). The Spirit directs.

If we are truly born again as we profess and are sincere in our walk with God, that is, in true repentance, we could face an inner struggle between the spirit and the flesh as our heart is being renewed and spirit strengthened. We see ourselves doing the wrong or evil we hate to do while failing to do the good required of us. In this state we should not despair but be hopeful because our God who sees and judges the heart and not appearances remains with us in this struggle without any condemnation, provided we continue not willingly to walk after the flesh for the body will eventually be quickened and made alive in our new way of life, for the spirit of righteousness in Christ Jesus makes us free from the spirit of life of sin and death (Romans 8:2)

Jun 15, 2020
What happens when you deny the faith of Christ that works in the believers? Can Christ deny Himself if he has paid the wage of sin in whole.

How many times does he have to get up on the cross.

Some taste and experience but then they can try and do the work of their own which the bile calls dead works (no faith coming from God ) natural mankind's dead faith offered towards Him. This is seeing faith cannot be separated from works Impossible) .We are saved by Christ's work of faith, his labor of love. Not of a work we could do.

The living loving commandment is to believe Him not seen. .It works in those who can believe. not just a good suggestion.

Hebrews 6:1-6 King James Version (KJV)Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith "toward" God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this will we do, if God permit. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

A few verses down. . . our blessed assurance. Better things accompany salvation .He promises us who will not be found with a righteousness of our own . . . . he will not forget the good works we attribute toward his name .
You have nothing to support that kind of hermeneutics. All of mankind falls short of the glory of God.. . daily

We are made aware of the wile of the devil. What God calls one the father of lies makes into two or two into one. What God calls inspired from above up the spirit of error calls down, earthly inspired .

Satan is the upside downer, counterfeiter. he says one thing and does the opposite. When God says walk by faith he says walk by sight.

There is not a bible written to unbelievers, and another to those who do believe . I have not seen that kind of paraphrase. There is old anew both written to those who move according to the faith as it is written.

I'm not following mankind of the devil or earthly data. I'm following the spirit of Christ and in him there is no sin.

Not private interpretation to those who love not the word.

2 Peter 1:19-21 King James Version (KJV) We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Mar 23, 2016
We learnt from the scripture that immediately after Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, he was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil (Mathew 4:1). The Spirit led him to be tempted or tried. Hence, the trial of our faith is part of the way of Christendom or living a Christ-like life. Jesus exemplified the way to show us how to do it and set us in the way of righteousness.
Yes ... and the example Jesus gave against the onslaught of the adversary was "it is written" ... thus, it behooves us to be intimately knowledgeable of Scripture and, most importantly, to rightly divide Scripture so that we are standing on truth (i.e. deeply rooted in the Lord Jesus Christ).

When Jesus was tempted by the devil in the wilderness, and also when He was tempted by those who set out to entrap Him, the devil, the sadducees, the pharisees, the elders, etc., all quoted Scripture, or referenced Scripture in the questions they asked.

In response, Jesus replied with Scripture and revealed that their understanding of Scripture was off kilter. Sometimes this off kilter understanding was due to ignorance. Other times, there was purposeful manipulation of Scripture.

However, the point is, as born again believers we are to study Scripture, to meditate upon it, to rightly divide it so that we are sure, steadfast, and unmovable in our faith when our times of temptation fall upon us.

infinitekhanol said:
We must learn from his example and do it ourselves as he has done.We must walk as he has walked on earth (1 John 2:6). The Spirit directs.
Here is His example:

Philippians 2:

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Jesus gave instruction to us:

Luke 9:23-24 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

How successful are we each day of denying "self", taking up our cross, and following Him 24/7?

Maybe you are 100% successful.

I sometimes am not successful. And I acknowledge those times before the Father and He forgives me, holds me close to His heart, and loves me just as much as those who are 100% successful 24/7.

infinitekhanol said:
If we are truly born again as we profess and are sincere in our walk with God, that is, in true repentance, we could face an inner struggle between the spirit and the flesh as our heart is being renewed and spirit strengthened. We see ourselves doing the wrong or evil we hate to do while failing to do the good required of us. In this state we should not despair but be hopeful because our God who sees and judges the heart and not appearances remains with us in this struggle without any condemnation, provided we continue not willingly to walk after the flesh for the body will eventually be quickened and made alive in our new way of life, for the spirit of righteousness in Christ Jesus makes us free from the spirit of life of sin and death (Romans 8:2)
Yes ... I understand. This is our daily walk and struggle. And one day, we will come to full realization that our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Cor 4:17-18). :cool:

Jul 11, 2020
"reneweddaybyday, posted

Yes, and the example Jesus gave against the onslaught of the adversary was "it is written" ... thus, it behooves us to be intimately knowledgeable of Scripture and, most importantly, to rightly divide Scripture so that we are standing on truth (i.e. deeply rooted in the Lord Jesus Christ).

When Jesus was tempted by the devil in the wilderness, and also when He was tempted by those who set out to entrap Him, the devil, the sadducees, the pharisees, the elders, etc., all quoted Scripture, or referenced Scripture in the questions they asked.

In response, Jesus replied with Scripture and revealed that their understanding of Scripture was off kilter. Sometimes this off kilter understanding was due to ignorance. Other times, there was purposeful manipulation of Scripture.

However, the point is, as born again believers we are to study Scripture, to meditate upon it, to rightly divide it so that we are sure, steadfast, and unmovable in our faith when our times of temptation fall upon us.

Exactly. I agree 100%

The word of God is the sword of the Spirit. Jesus showed us how to utilize this sword to work out our salvation in whatever situation we find ourselves.

Mar 23, 2016
The word of God is the sword of the Spirit. Jesus showed us how to utilize this sword to work out our salvation in whatever situation we find ourselves.
Yes. So thankful we have such a loving, Heavenly Father Who gives us His Word so that we can know Him and His Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ... that He has left us His footsteps in which to follow. Such an awesome privilege!!!

infinitekhanol, may I make a suggestion concerning your reply to posts?

At the bottom right corner of each post is a REPLY link. If you click on that link, the text in the post you are replying to appears in a text box and you can type in your reply.

Here is a link to a thread in the User 2 User Support forum which explains the process.

There are less than 10 replies in that thread and you can read through the whole thread to see different options suggested by the people who posted there.

there may be other suggestions about replying to threads in the U 2 U forum ... that was just the first one I came across that addressed this specific issue.

The benefit of using the "reply" link is that the person to whom you are replying receives a notification that someone has replied to a post they submitted.

Just a suggestion ...

Jul 11, 2020
reneweddaybyday, posted,

may I make a suggestion concerning your reply to posts?

At the bottom right corner of each post is a REPLY link. If you click on that link, the text in the post you are replying to appears in a text box and you can type in your reply.

Here is a link to a thread in the User 2 User Support forum which explains the process.

It seems, more times than not, I wind up posting a comment to the wrong person. How do you know when your post is to the right person?

There are less than 10 replies in that thread and you can read through the whole thread to see different options suggested by the people who posted there.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
I believe the spirit of Christ is my new nature and therefore I have been able to function in it. To live in it, walk by it, and be in it. When I finally figured this out is when the lights turned on. Most of my life I believed I was in a battle between what I thought was my old man fighting against what I thought was my new man. Now I'm not fighting. I moved right in the darn thing. It seems to me one cannot walk in or by the spirit if our old nature (which is dead) thinks it's fighting against our new nature.

Last night is when I took the red pill that released me from the Matrix. Being in Christ is not what I was taught, meaning that you are in fellowship, which means you are walking upright with your flesh. I now understand being in Christ is being in the spirit and neither of them (in Christ or in the spirit) has anything to do with the darn flesh.

It now seems perfectly clear to walk in or by the spirit is the same as putting on the Lord Jesus Christ. It's the same as having fellowship with Jesus Christ, which is also part of having the mind of Christ. Living in Christ is the same as being strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. There's a verse where Jesus says without me you can do nothing. Well, I'm never without him.
Don't all Christians believe that and if they don't. why don't they.
Briefly the churches they go to and their pastors don't brooch the
subject because they are living in the flesh.