I Can't Breathe ?!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

Yes, God is love, but He is also a God of justice. While what was done to Mr. Floyd was wrong, he had a long history of criminal activity. Now God is a God of second chances and I hope Mr. Floyd knew the Lord at the time of his death. You can love a person but they must still pay their debt to society, which Floyd did. But if he had drugs in his system that means he was falling back into his old life. But I do hope he was right with the Lord when he died.

The cop had issues before this and would have been fired except for his union. What he did was an illegal move and he will doubtless see time for it, as he should. But if God is love, as you say, then both lives are precious to the Lord, are they not?! Both are guilty of wrong and sin and need God's redemption, no? Let's be careful as Christians not to have a herd mentality.

As followers of Christ we ought to correct transgressors (those not doing what is right)
Mr. Floyd was resisting arrest. The cop used an illegal hold on him. The rest will come out in the trial. We don't know all the facts and are making assumptions.

What are you as a Christian doing about the discrimination people of colour are facing? Most Christians I have seen or heard speak chose to preach on certain sins, while ignoring others. Injustice is a sin (Micah 6:8). My prayer is that God Almighty, who holds the hearts of kings in His hands (Proverbs 21:1) and rules in the affairs of men (Daniel 4:17), will fill the hearts of our leaders with compassion. (Matthew 9:36).
America elected a black president into office not once but twice. It wasn't black people alone that got him into office. The majority of people that put him in office were white. Are there racists in this country, yes. Is America a racist country? No. There are laws against discrimination, any form of racism. This is an election year and votes are needed. Black people in this country are free to achieve and do anything they wish to do. There are black politicians, doctors, lawyers, actors and singers. In every facet of life blacks are achieving and enjoying their freedoms that were won in part by white people who believed every person has a right to be free. Freedom won!! But there are still those in slavery all over the world. I don't hear people protesting over that and I have to wonder why.

I am a black African, I been in situations where people have taken pictures of me while I am working and made fun of my looks, people calling me and writing the N-word on my property. But when those people were caught, all I saw was scared people who do not know better and my heart broke for them, and the only thing I could do is hug them and continue showing them love, but even when I did that some were still hostile to me.
I'm sorry that happened to you. But here's the problem, we can't change a heart or mind, only God can. People will hate you for many reasons, the Bible says we will be even hated for being Christians. And many Christians have lost their lives because of that. We can make laws and rules and we should. But to a person that is racist, you will never ever change their mind. Only God can change that kind of attitude.

But why do I do that? Because I am a Christian I am an ambassador of Christ in this world, God loves these people. So even when they have hurt me over and over again, and yes it hurts I go home and cry. But the Lord feels my heart with compassion and my prayer every day is Lord let my life be a testimony to Your love and Your kindness, may this life I live draw many to You.
Exactly, all we can do is speak the truth and pray for people. If people hate you for the color of your skin, that's on them, that's their issue. It has nothing to do with you. I read not long ago, and found it interesting that there was a slave Bible. Plantation owners removed verses from the Bible because they didn't want slaves to see they were equal with their white brothers and sisters in Christ. If you love the Lord, you can never be racist. We are all equal at the foot of the cross my grandmother use to say. Not one more worthy than another. A Christian who doesn't realize this never got the true meaning of Christ's death on the cross. Blessings.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Yes, God is love, but He is also a God of justice. While what was done to Mr. Floyd was wrong, he had a long history of criminal activity. Now God is a God of second chances and I hope Mr. Floyd knew the Lord at the time of his death. You can love a person but they must still pay their debt to society, which Floyd did. But if he had drugs in his system that means he was falling back into his old life. But I do hope he was right with the Lord when he died.

The cop had issues before this and would have been fired except for his union. What he did was an illegal move and he will doubtless see time for it, as he should. But if God is love, as you say, then both lives are precious to the Lord, are they not?! Both are guilty of wrong and sin and need God's redemption, no? Let's be careful as Christians not to have a herd mentality.

Mr. Floyd was resisting arrest. The cop used an illegal hold on him. The rest will come out in the trial. We don't know all the facts and are making assumptions.

America elected a black president into office not once but twice. It wasn't black people alone that got him into office. The majority of people that put him in office were white. Are there racists in this country, yes. Is America a racist country? No. There are laws against discrimination, any form of racism. This is an election year and votes are needed. Black people in this country are free to achieve and do anything they wish to do. There are black politicians, doctors, lawyers, actors and singers. In every facet of life blacks are achieving and enjoying their freedoms that were won in part by white people who believed every person has a right to be free. Freedom won!! But there are still those in slavery all over the world. I don't hear people protesting over that and I have to wonder why.

I'm sorry that happened to you. But here's the problem, we can't change a heart or mind, only God can. People will hate you for many reasons, the Bible says we will be even hated for being Christians. And many Christians have lost their lives because of that. We can make laws and rules and we should. But to a person that is racist, you will never ever change their mind. Only God can change that kind of attitude.

Exactly, all we can do is speak the truth and pray for people. If people hate you for the color of your skin, that's on them, that's their issue. It has nothing to do with you. I read not long ago, and found it interesting that there was a slave Bible. Plantation owners removed verses from the Bible because they didn't want slaves to see they were equal with their white brothers and sisters in Christ. If you love the Lord, you can never be racist. We are all equal at the foot of the cross my grandmother use to say. Not one more worthy than another. A Christian who doesn't realize this never got the true meaning of Christ's death on the cross. Blessings.
The Slave Bible’s Book of Exodus excludes the story of the rescue of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt, the liberation that gives the biblical book its title.

“It’s conspicuous that they have Chapter 19 and 20 in there, which is where you got God’s appearance at Mount Sinai and he gives his law,” said Pollinger. “The Ten Commandments would be Exodus 20 but missing is all of the exodus from Egypt.”

https://wordandway.org/2018/12/12/m...that-focuses-on-servitude-leaves-out-freedom/

Ironically it backfired. Not only did the slaves find Christ but the Spirit moved them to hope, the hunger to read, write, and many of the southern African churches grew out of the trials of tribulation. Just as God sent the Israelites into exile and slavery so that they may turn to seek him, the African slave came from pagan to a child of God. God used the evil of man to bring about good. Then the evil of man had to pay for that sin in the civil war. What will we have to pay for the millions of unborn children aborted in the womb?

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
I have said this before, but I will repeat it.

The majority of the people in the United States don’t know what it’s like being part of a minority.

I can see it reflected in the comments here. They are not evil, they just haven’t experienced what minorities are going through.

Take me as an example. I’m white, blonde and blue eyed. Everything looks fine on the outside. No problem.

But...

When I’m starting to speak people change. My native language isn’t English, and that’s easy to hear. Problem is that it’s not only not English, it’s even Louisiana French, which reveals that I’m a Cajun. And then we’re on with it.

Since I look white people dont even believe me when Im telling them that I’m experiencing racism almost every day.

So I know a little bit about what African Americans are going through, but they can’t in any way prevent racism from happening. I can just shut up and no one will know.

When I’m on duty sometimes thugs will challenge me with mocking my speech. Thugs will do most anything to make you emotionally uncomfortable when apprehended, so you have to be aware of that so you don’t end up hurting them because you lost your cool.

And that’s what often happens to the cops that went too far. They can’t handle the challenge and that means education isn’t good enough to weed them out.

I have to say that while we who are Caucasian can experience hatred, visual bias, and racism, and know how that feels and presume its origin, I would say it is impossible as a Caucasian to think we know what it is like to be black and be confronted with racism.
Racism is hate. That hate is fear. And those combined are chaos the world over. Chaos, Segregation, and the laws don't have to establish that, if you observe a mixed group of people in an open environment, we self-segregate all on our own. Other offspring of hate and fear are paranoia, anger, defensiveness, guardedness, judgmental attitudes, visually biased predisposed encapsulating of individuals on sight according to our personal opinion as pertains to their appearance, some haters even openly ridicule or mock those whom they believe appear to be ugly in their judgment.

This world's Lord is a fallen angel. Think about that. A fallen angel.
What do we think causes the need to be saved from what we are to one another?

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020

Ignore denominational commentary he makes in the middle, it's a fitting sermon...
And a former police officer at that. Upset that an officer knelt on a mans throat until he was dead.

Mbuyoti

Aug 13, 2014
both lives are precious to the Lord[/QU

both lives are precious to the Lord
That is very true both lives are precious, Mr Chuavin (Sp) does not need to die neither did Mr. Floyd. When someone is wrong they need to face the consequences, however, no one should pay with their lives. I am sure you have not heard me ask for anyone's head, I am not God I have never breathed into someone to give them life, no one has, and therefore no one has the right to take it. What I am hearing from you (correct me if I am wrong), is what happened to Mr. Floyd was wrong and the police officer used an illegal, and should see time for it, ok good, it is what is right; then you say Mr. Floyd made some bad choices, and he has paid his debt to society (by dying), that is where you lose me. I feel like I sound like a broken record for repeating this, would Jesus have been broken by that death, yes. Such an act should break your heart as a Christian, that is compassion, when something is wrong it is wrong.
And Christians need to stop taking sides, indeed, God is a God of justice, and I quoted Micah 6:8, when you see something bad (injustice) happening, speak out it does not matter whether you belong to that group or not. The main group you belong to is the kingdom of Christ, and in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

Mbuyoti

Aug 13, 2014
When people do not protest it does not mean things are ok or that they are comfortable, they are hoping someone would hear them when they speak, that someone else would put themselves in their shoes... I, hundred percent, do not support violent protests, that being said, there would be no need for protests of any kind if everyone who knew the truth spoke out and openly condemned discrimination in whichever form it came.

Mbuyoti

Aug 13, 2014
I just hope my life preaches to them and pray that the Holy Spirit convicts them. Just doing the Lord's work, evangelising where ever he places me.

Mbuyoti

Aug 13, 2014

Your grandmother was a wise woman. Thank you for sharing. :)

Mbuyoti

Aug 13, 2014
I have to say that while we who are Caucasian can experience hatred, visual bias, and racism, and know how that feels and presume its origin, I would say it is impossible as a Caucasian to think we know what it is like to be black and be confronted with racism.
Racism is hate. That hate is fear. And those combined are chaos the world over. Chaos, Segregation, and the laws don't have to establish that, if you observe a mixed group of people in an open environment, we self-segregate all on our own. Other offspring of hate and fear are paranoia, anger, defensiveness, guardedness, judgmental attitudes, visually biased predisposed encapsulating of individuals on sight according to our personal opinion as pertains to their appearance, some haters even openly ridicule or mock those whom they believe appear to be ugly in their judgment.

This world's Lord is a fallen angel. Think about that. A fallen angel.
What do we think causes the need to be saved from what we are to one another?
I read your previous comment, I am sorry to hear that you were discriminated against. I have seen white people being discriminated against and sometimes by black people, it is not ok. You can't just be mean to someone because someone else was mean to you. I have had to speak out in such situations as well and point out that that is wrong. This world really needs Jesus. smh.

K

kaylagrl

Your grandmother was a wise woman. Thank you for sharing. :)
She was, and a Godly one too. She use to take the little children in in her neighborhood and feed them. She didn't have much herself but she couldn't stand to see them go without. Everyone who knew her loved her.

K

kaylagrl

I just hope my life preaches to them and pray that the Holy Spirit convicts them. Just doing the Lord's work, evangelising where ever he places me.
That's all that you can do, but at the same time, it's everything you can do. People's lives are a walking Bible and God will bless your willingness to be used and to be a light.

K

kaylagrl

That is very true both lives are precious, Mr Chuavin (Sp) does not need to die neither did Mr. Floyd. When someone is wrong they need to face the consequences, however, no one should pay with their lives. I am sure you have not heard me ask for anyone's head, I am not God I have never breathed into someone to give them life, no one has, and therefore no one has the right to take it.
No the cop was totally wrong. And he will pay for it as he should. He's now made it impossible, even more dangerous for good cops to do their job. The whole situation is sad.

What I am hearing from you (correct me if I am wrong), is what happened to Mr. Floyd was wrong and the police officer used an illegal, and should see time for it, ok good, it is what is right; then you say Mr. Floyd made some bad choices, and he has paid his debt to society (by dying), that is where you lose me. I feel like I sound like a broken record for repeating this, would Jesus have been broken by that death, yes. Such an act should break your heart as a Christian, that is compassion, when something is wrong it is wrong.

No, I don't think he should have lost his life. He had already done his time and was free to live his life. Though it appears he was falling back into his old life, and that is sad. And yes, his death was also sad and unnecessary. But I'm only discussing the facts of the case, or the few facts we know. People want this cop killed, they'd do it themselves if they could. What I'm saying is we need to let the facts come out and the court decide his fate. This cop has had issues before and should have been fired. But mob rule is not what the US is about. We have courts to bring about justice.

And Christians need to stop taking sides, indeed, God is a God of justice, and I quoted Micah 6:8, when you see something bad (injustice) happening, speak out it does not matter whether you belong to that group or not. The main group you belong to is the kingdom of Christ, and in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

In a court case, all they want is the bare facts. I'm not trying to discuss the morality of it. I'm asking about the facts of the case. People have already made up their minds. And I'm saying I don't think the outcome will be the one the public thinks it should be. I'm not talking about feelings. I'm talking about the facts of what happened. And when Christians, so called, turn and call people racist that they do not know personally, it tells me that they are acting totally on emotion and feelings. Facts don't matter. They want the cop dead and they won't listen to facts or anything that doesn't fit their narrative. Pure emotion. And I get it, most women think with emotions first. (not you) I don't. I want to look at the facts, read, research before I make an opinion.The country has gone hog wild. People have been hurt, murdered, lost businesses all over a case that hasn't gone to court yet. It's wrong. And then Christians are supporting an un-Godly organization like BLM without even knowing what they believe. So I'm saying let cooler heads prevail, wait till all the facts, all of them come out before we make a decision. For that people here have called me a racist. And when I see that I know that these people use the word in vain. They use it to silence people who don't agree with them. And that makes the word meaningless, because they are using it in vain. People need to take a breathe and wait for the facts. No one is doing that. And when I see Christians screaming I know they are acting on pure emotion and feeling and I don't listen to them. They have nothing to offer in the conversation.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I don't see how anything in that video is relevant. It doesn't change the fact that the police are criminally negligent

JohnRH

Mar 5, 2018
I don't see how anything in that video is relevant. It doesn't change the fact that the police are criminally negligent
We're all "criminally negligent" - we're sinners. Thank God for the police.

K

kaylagrl

There's no doubt they will do time. But for the top charge, unlikely. Again, time will tell.

Jul 23, 2018
He was saying he couldn't breathe when they put him in the car. I really don't think this is going to go down the way some people want it to.
Seems he was on drugs and overly paranoid.

The cops had to get him in the car.....period.

Poor health and drugs probably killed him. He was way too paranoid over nothing.

Lets see,he is paranoid of being in a car but was in one when they came up to him.

A calm floyd obeying simple kindergarten commands would have reversed the entire fiasco.

Floyd turned a cake walk into a nightmare. Last days insanity.

Blaming anyone is rediculous

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
didnt the policeman aphyxiate him, that was why he died, nobody just dies randomly.

if he had died of poor health and drugs, it would have happened without the police hands on him.

I am pretty sure when someone is shot, and they die, that the person who had the gun and shot them, killed them. the person who got shot, did not kill themselves or get in the way of a bullet and ask to die.

in this case, when someone is strangled, the person that strangled them has killed them. I dont think the person strangled put themselves in the stranglers hands and ask to die.

It seems some people have way strange logic. I dont think it matters a jolt if this person was so and so or that person was so and so. One person is still alive and one person is dead.

Apr 15, 2017
Has anyone seen the leaked video of George Floyd? I don't know if it can even be found on the web yet. If you have seen it do you think it will change the case? What's your opinion. I see more destruction ahead and more looting and burning. Brace yourselves.
In Chicago they are now shooting at the police, which the police shot back.

It is obvious that the American government wants the protests and riots to make a change in their country, and controlled conflict brings about controlled change.

They are allowing them to protest, riot, steal, burn buildings, assault police, shoot at police, but yet they do not put an end to what they are doing.

Does not make sense, but it does make sense according to their agenda.

The American government wants the protests and riots, and will allow it to go on until the election where Donald Trump will win the election, and then the protesters will really go bonkers, and then they can put them down, and go to a new form of government and it will be the fault of the people.

But of course they wanted to go to this form of government all along.

Which they will have a new form of government where there is no Republican or Democrat party, but it will be a balance between the two and no more division in the government.

United Nations Agenda 21, 1992, 179 nations agreed to it, sustainability development, ecology, economic, social.

Ban the police, and communities work to stop crime with social programs, and people watch out for crime by watching the street, and watching their neighbor.

All people on an equal level.

Ecology- balance between nature and people. Take all people out of the rural areas and place them in the cities, and no development can happen outside city limits.

Economy- all people equal economically.

Social- all people equal social status wise.

A Marxist agenda.

BLM website, sustainability, ban the police, and communities work to stop crime with social programs, and people watch out for crime.

Put everyone on an equal level.

Founders of BLM movement are trained marxists.

BLM is pushing Agenda 21, which will be the start of it.

Target date for Agenda 21 and all nations complying to it, and a global government, 2030.

All nations agreed to it, and it has been 28 years that they have been working out the kinks for a peace plan for the world.

That means America is part of the plan both Republican and Democrat, and this is all a plan of America that affected the world.

The Hegel System sets up 2 opposing forces for it gets everyone involved, for they will choose a side, then the opposing forces come together with a balance between the 2 to form a new system, and brings all the people together.

It is the only way to get the nations to come together for they cannot have a single agenda to do that, but have 2 opposing forces to represent the people, and then bring them together.

Republican and Democrat to cover the beliefs of the people, and the nation to cover the beliefs of the world, and religions, and ethnic groups, and then bring them all together.

On the back of the dollar bill, announcing the conception of a new order of the ages, and out of many, one.

Republican and Democrat, and America are Russia, were working together the whole time as 2 opposing forces.

America will go to a new form of government by a series of conflicts starting with the coronavirus.

They want the protests and riots, and for them to get out of hand, and might wait until Trump wins the election so they really get out of hand, and then America can stop their protests and riots, and go to a new form of government where there is no Republican or Democrat, but a balance between the 2 for a new form of government.

They will go to a second shut down, and finish collapsing the economy, for the coronavirus as well as other pandemics to economically collapse the developed nations.

All nations will do the same to have a balance between Communism and Democracy, which they will get to keep communism but they have to be a little softer, and can keep their democracy but they have to be a little bit harder.

And by 2030 all nations will be compatible with Agenda 21, and have the same format government wise, and all people equal, and then they can come together as one for a global government.

What Trump wants Obama wants, and what Obama wants Trump wants, for Republican and Democrat are working together as the opposing forces, but they have the same goal in the long run.

The new age movement interprets the Bible according to the occult, and evolution, and people are still evolving to be greater and spiritual provided by the New Age Christ, and Jesus is not Lord and Savior, but a good teacher and love, and the Christ conscience came upon him, and he evolved to be an ascended master, and do not believe in a personal God, but honor the God of forces, or the power of nature as their higher power, the evolutionary process, and the New Age Christ is the final teacher, and they believe the Christ conscience will come upon him and he will evolve to be greater than Jesus, and share that power with all people who follow him.

They will forbid a man and a woman to marry for population reduction, and command to abstain from meats, reverence of nature, mother earth.

They do not believe the New Age Christ will help them to achieve peace on earth, and to evolve, until all nations come together as one to work for peace on earth, so that is what they are pursuing.

Because they view the Bible, religions, and reality differently than in the past things will change because of that.

That is why they took prayer out of school and started teaching evolution.

An example of the Hegel System with America and Russia and the balance between them.

America- religious, spiritual, belief in a higher power.

Russia- atheist, evolution.

New age movement- atheist, but spiritual as they are evoving to be spiritual, higher power the God of forces, the power of nature.

And there will be a balance between Repubican and Democrat, or democracy and communism.

They will make it appear as if there is no escaping the coronavirus unless all people get a vaccination, which will be RNA genetic coding, nanotechnology, which they can then track people.

This will condition them for they are being tracked anyway to accept a biometric system of a chip just under the skin linked to satellite, a better tracking system, with all information about the person on the chip including financial records.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Yeah I saw the video. I don't see how any of it is relevant. doesn't change the fact that the police are criminally negligent here

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
But he had just gotten out of his own car... How could he be claustrophobic? There was drugs in his system also. So that could have been the reason he was acting in an unusual manner. But I doubt the charges are going to be what people expected now that this video has come to light. The cop will still see time but probably not for murder. We'll see...
He was high and freaking out
I'm sure police officers encounter that pretty often
I don't see any reason why four police officers can't restrain a handcuffed Man without killing him