I can't get over how in love i am with you Jesus!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
23,049
4,101
113
You know what is strange? when I first accepted christ i only wanted to be happy and have a reason to live. The morning i woke up with the holy spirit in me I jumped and danced all over the room. from there I only sought to be very obedient and to trust the lord above all else. to serve him with all i had in me. But one day i noticed a change, i actually loved him. when did this happen? when did I fall in love with the lord? whats going on!? later in my faith as i kept walking the devil made me think many time: maybe i am only in love with the spiritual high, or just the feeling of love. but now in my fourth season of faith i came to the realization i didn't fall in love with the spiritual high, or just the feeling of love itself. Somewhere along the line i fell in love with him- who he is. Now, I am so in love with him that my soul groans for him, my heart cries out to him wanting so much to be with him at last. If there is such an expression of being drunk with love this is what i am with him. He is just so wonderful, i love everything about him. I hear him talk to me sometimes, yesterday( I hope it's okay with him I share this) he told me my heart delights him. but my response was no lord, it is you who i delight in. But it's not like any of this is me. I mean my heart is only the way it is because of him, i only seek him like i do because of him. I honestly feel as if this was all set up before my birth, so the lord knew exactly when i would be saved and who he would mold me to be. so ( don't get me wrong i love the encouragement) why is god telling me my heart delights him when really it had nothing to do with me?
 
Blain your like a tree planted by the river of God's kingdom, what a thought we will be there one day, keep your eyes on Jesus......
 
Seriously, I've often considered that too, Blain. Like where it's written in Zephaniah 3:17 I'm left asking, "Father, how can You rejoice over me and delight in me when it's YOU who has made me believe You, obey You, love You and follow You?" I'm perplexed. I'm amazed.
 
Your love for our Lord Jesus Christ is joyful and beautiful. I, myself, would love to experience the joy of His love more therefore I admire you and find you blessed. I would consider more deeply about God knowing all who will be saved and all who won't before birth (Calvinism). This makes it so God creates many who will suffer for eternity for His pleasure. Scripture does not show this otherwise God would not have done conditional prophecies with His prophets. Mind you I do not, myself, adhere to the opposing view either because it goes against God's sovereignty. Rather I find an in between fits perfectly with scripture. Having those chosen before they were born being those who have specific jobs to do for God (like the prophets, apostles etc.) to guide those who are not saved to being saved as well as keeping those saved right with God so as not to go astray. I hope this makes sense. God bless you friend.