I can't take it anymore

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 11, 2020
I can't take it anymore. I simply asked where in-person AA meetings are happening, and I got a hostile response. I live in a radically insane liberal area. I should leave. I should go back to Texas. My parents don't want me to, but to be honest, I don't care. This isolation is making me drink. I'm sick of being shamed for wanting to go to church. For wanting to get support for my drinking. For wanting in-person contact. The people imposing these lockdowns are not impacted by this. Their jobs aren't impacted. Their relationships aren't impacted. They will still get their paycheck, and they will still get their human contact. I'm the one stuck paying the price.

I realize how morally bankrupt the Democrats are. They hate the common people. They are filled with spite and malice. The party is under the control of Satan, and I don't see how ANY God-fearing person can not see that. My ex called me toxic for being frustrated that I can't get to meetings that help me stop drinking. Never mind that she's doing this to impress her boyfriend. He's a phony fraud catholic. The Pope is wicked and evil! He dismisses the concerns of the people hurt by the lockdowns. He is demon-possessed. It's sad. The Catholic church has covered for a huge scandal for so long. I wish my parents would learn and flee.

I just wish I could escape to somewhere where people are normal. Where I could have a normal life. Where human contact and building a life isn't seen with suspicion. Where people don't SCORN those who want normal lives, but turn the blind eye to rioters who gather in the thousands and insist they aren't spreading the virus.

I just realize how entrenched Satan is. I realize that my ex is under Satan's spell. It's sad. I hope Jesus gets to her before it's too late.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There are plenty of AA meetings online via Zoom. I realize it is not quite what you are looking for in seeking human contact during these crazy times, but it is the next best thing, and certainly better than nothing :) One good thing about these types of meetings is they happen all over the world and 24 hours a day ;) Link

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
Your username really fits what you just shared here. "Traveler in the Wilderness".

Sometimes we go through seasons of wilderness, and they may last for a while. But remember that even in the midst of the wilderness, Jesus is with you. He has never left you, and He never will.

If you find yourself in a situation that you can't seemingly change, all you can do is wait and draw close to Him. And have faith that He will get you through it, and that at some point the season will change.

I am sorry that you've been struggling. I know that lack of human contact and purpose can be really debilitating. And I believe that the Lord is calling you closer to Him through this trial. He can help you through this, no matter how difficult it may be.

Philippians 4:11-13
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

This verse came to mind as I was typing out my response.

And like Magenta said, there are some online communities/meetings that can help alleviate your feelings of lonelineness and disconnection.

You said you want to go back to Texas - how feasible is that?

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019
Never envy the wicked! Soon they fade away like grass and disappear. Trust in the Lord instead. Be kind and good to others; then you will live safely here in the land and prosper, feeding in safety.
Psalm 37: 1-3

I know exactly how you feel. I at times feel the same way. I ask the Lord “Are there any that pursue good?” Seems they are few and far between now. There are moments I see and feel the humanity that remains amidst the chaos.

Keep praying and ask God to give you peace and a sense well being. He will deliver you. And fight all that you can against the urge to drink. Depression, anxiety, anger, negativity, sadness, will only come about from giving in. I know this all too well.

Fight the good fight! If God is for you, who truly in all creation can be against you.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sounds terrible
I dont know where you live exactly (somewhere in america?) but it sounds pretty bad.

we did notice in the first lockdown in nz that people were queueing at the liquor store and panic buying.
I think you just got to lean on God for this one and know who He is. Read your Bible.

You cant make up God to be a higher power in govt of mere men because Hes not in it. men unfortunately have feet of clay.

The prophecies declare that with Jesus, the government is upon His shoulders.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I can't take it anymore. I simply asked where in-person AA meetings are happening, and I got a hostile response. I live in a radically insane liberal area. I should leave. I should go back to Texas. My parents don't want me to, but to be honest, I don't care. This isolation is making me drink. I'm sick of being shamed for wanting to go to church. For wanting to get support for my drinking. For wanting in-person contact. The people imposing these lockdowns are not impacted by this. Their jobs aren't impacted. Their relationships aren't impacted. They will still get their paycheck, and they will still get their human contact. I'm the one stuck paying the price.

I realize how morally bankrupt the Democrats are. They hate the common people. They are filled with spite and malice. The party is under the control of Satan, and I don't see how ANY God-fearing person can not see that. My ex called me toxic for being frustrated that I can't get to meetings that help me stop drinking. Never mind that she's doing this to impress her boyfriend. He's a phony fraud catholic. The Pope is wicked and evil! He dismisses the concerns of the people hurt by the lockdowns. He is demon-possessed. It's sad. The Catholic church has covered for a huge scandal for so long. I wish my parents would learn and flee.

I just wish I could escape to somewhere where people are normal. Where I could have a normal life. Where human contact and building a life isn't seen with suspicion. Where people don't SCORN those who want normal lives, but turn the blind eye to rioters who gather in the thousands and insist they aren't spreading the virus.

I just realize how entrenched Satan is. I realize that my ex is under Satan's spell. It's sad. I hope Jesus gets to her before it's too late.
I struggle with addiction to. Even before lockdown it was hard to get help. Like people have said theres online options. My dad is a recovering alcoholic so he goes to an online class. Perhaps you can look into that.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Clearly the lockdowns are illegal, unconstitutional. Clearly the same unconstitutional lockowns were used
to promote voter fraud.

I believe, we have no choice of gender, people kill people(not guns), and yes, two and two is in fact, four.

What do we do? What now?

I just dont know anymore.

p.s. At least, at the very least, write one senator, or like me several.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Clearly the lockdowns are illegal, unconstitutional. Clearly the same unconstitutional lockowns were used
to promote voter fraud.

I believe, we have no choice of gender, people kill people(not guns), and yes, two and two is in fact, four.

What do we do? What now?

I just dont know anymore.

p.s. At least, at the very least, write one senator, or like me several.
When the corrupt ones go to gaol, I think the few who are left won't be pretending to believe in a fake virus. Hopefully only a few more weeks before the dominoes start to fall?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
when we had lockdowns in nz, the govt paid wages. You could apply for wage subsidy we didnt have to pay it back.

I dont know what they did in america, would have been absolute disaster to lockdown and not provide anything for the poor, no wonder they rebelled.

working people really have it bad there.

I know if we had a different govt like the previous prime minister, it would have been much much worse in nz. :-( some govts operate on the premise that is every man for himself. Children? elderly? people that are sick and need to be looked after? dont care about them.)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
when we had mass shooting in christchurch, and 50 people died machines guns were banned to stop copy cat crimes.
shooting still happens but its just people have the oppotunity if they are the slightest bit unhinged.

any mental hospital removes all potential weapons ok you could stab someone with a knife, but its easier to kill more people at random with a gun.