I could use some advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
Dear Fairy, I like the compassion I see in you. Don't be concerned about your dad smoking: don't let that come between you and him. Addictions are trouble, and it sais "Through much trouble we enter the kingdom of God." Be patient, that is much better than disappointed. Also persistent endurance asking God to embrace you and give you a friend like minded, He will. You have much more of Him than you realise, your in a good place and God is merciful and with us in trouble, your also stronger in Him than you realise. You have a teachable spirit and neither are your tears weakness, "Jesus wept." The Lord embrace you and comfort you and give you a friend likeminded.
Your brother Ray.

M

Mommybear39

Hi my name is Priscilla and I am 14

I just would like some advice for someone my age.
I will not lie but being a teen and staying close to god is really hard.
I promise i will never give up on god it's just that at my age their are so many distractions.
I love my friends but if i truly wish to be as close to them as i would like i would be disobeying god SO much.
So what should i do. Should i cut off my friends. I really don't want to do that because i don't like to be alone. I know i will always have god but seeing people not talk to me makes me feel like know one likes me.

At my age social media would be everything to me but that is not a part of my life.
I have cut off many thing for god and i feel good.
I have been walking better with god and have been sinning much less.....except when i am with my friends.
It really hurts me to go home after school and ask god to forgive me. I don't want to hurt god anymore.
I have hurt him to much in my life and really really really DO NOT want to do it anymore.

Life is really hard. I do go to church but rather be alone with god.

I would also like to hear his voice so he can lead me but i don't know when it's him or just my mind.

It's also really sad to see how my friend are not listening to god.
I really try to tell them about him but they don't listen.

If their is anyone who i an talk to about stuff like this would be nice.
i did talk about stuff like this to my mom but she passes away last year.
My dad ... he is Christian but he smokes and does not listen me when i tell him to stop.
I do love him but also fear for him because he does not listen.

it would also be nice to have people my age so we can relate and talk about stuff like this but finding Christian my age where i live is so hard.

So i would love some advice.
Thank you.
I am a mother with two children but if you would like to discuss things with me that would be fun. God bless you dear.

Jun 27, 2018
Hi Priscilla!

I'm 17, and I kind of understand what you're going through, so I'll try, with the help of God, to give some decent advice. A Bible verse just popped into my head that I think might help here. Jesus Himself said it: "If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell (Matthew 5:29-30, ESV)." Jesus commands His followers to make sacrifices for His sake, out of love for Him. He loved us so much that He laid down His life for our sake; we should be willing to make sacrifices out of love for Him as well. I'm not necessarily saying that you should stop hanging out with your friends. But Jesus' words remind us that we should be willing to give up whatever causes us to sin, because fellowship with God is more precious than anything you will have to give up in this life. I'm not judging you. I understand how hard it can be to deal with peer pressure. Here's the big question, though: is the approval of your friends more important to you than that of God? Here's another saying of Jesus: “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (Matthew 5:10-12)" Remember that God is merciful and kind. People mocked and rejected Jesus too, so He understands what you're going through. Talk to Him, and He will give you strength. God bless you.

-Leah