I dont understand anymore....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 20, 2016
Well lately I have been questioning myself...what if the thing that we believe turn out to be not true instead false. How do we exactly know if there really is a Heaven and Hell? How do we really know that were save and we will go to Heaven? Could there really be a God in this world? The understand to this question is we dont know...
No one or human being dont know how the world were created. Instead we were all born in our mother womb which is logic. Also one question that no one didnt bother to ask is.... What well happen to the other planet during the end time when God destroy the earth? Would our spirit and body be in another diminssion since heaven and hell is taken place on Earth?

G

Galatea

You can know whether or not you are saved. The Holy Spirit witnesses this to you in your soul. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him, should not perish but have EVERLASTING life. When you are saved, He gives you everlasting life. It is not a presumptuous thing. It is the peace of Christ which passes understanding.

Salvation is not a hope so, it is a know so. God bless you, I hope you are able to get peace in your mind about the truth.

R

renewed_hope

Well lately I have been questioning myself...what if the thing that we believe turn out to be not true instead false. How do we exactly know if there really is a Heaven and Hell? How do we really know that were save and we will go to Heaven? Could there really be a God in this world? The understand to this question is we dont know...
No one or human being dont know how the world were created. Instead we were all born in our mother womb which is logic. Also one question that no one didnt bother to ask is.... What well happen to the other planet during the end time when God destroy the earth? Would our spirit and body be in another diminssion since heaven and hell is taken place on Earth?
I am soooo sorry you feel this way, but I hate to break it to you, it is healthy to question things. On the same token I can promise you Jesus is real, God did create the heavens and the earth in six days and rested on the seventh, he sent his son to be born of a virgin to ultimately be the ultimate sacrifice for our sin so that we can live eternal life with our maker if we choose to accept it OR be thrown into the lake of fire with the one who is out to seek, kill, and destroy. I dont know about you, but I would rather believe in something that would give me eternal life over destroying me.

My advice to you is to get into a good church and find some strong Christian friends as I have an idea you hang out with people that dont believe in God....for God gives us hope, love and joy something that atheists just do not comprehend. I will say a prayer that God reveals himself to you :)

Elisabet

Jul 11, 2015
There are a lot of things in the Bible that cannot be explained scientifically. Some of them are beyond our logic and critical thinking, because that's just how awesome our God is. Some questions will remain unanswered until the day we get to meet God and ask things to Him. God is way beyond our logic, and it is okay if you doubt or question some things because that means you are willing to know the truth and stick with it.

and that's the thing about Christianity. There are no scientific evidence to show that things in the Bible are true, yet we believe that it is true and that Jesus is the only Saviour. So, i guess the best thing to do now is to surround yourself with the ones whose faith are really strong, and maybe you can develop your faith as well (with the help of the Holy Spirit) and believe in God eventhough you don't know the answer for some of your questions :)

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I must correct you sister. Theres bunches of scientific things proofed by the bible and the other way around. God bless

There are a lot of things in the Bible that cannot be explained scientifically. Some of them are beyond our logic and critical thinking, because that's just how awesome our God is. Some questions will remain unanswered until the day we get to meet God and ask things to Him. God is way beyond our logic, and it is okay if you doubt or question some things because that means you are willing to know the truth and stick with it.

and that's the thing about Christianity. There are no scientific evidence to show that things in the Bible are true, yet we believe that it is true and that Jesus is the only Saviour. So, i guess the best thing to do now is to surround yourself with the ones whose faith are really strong, and maybe you can develop your faith as well (with the help of the Holy Spirit) and believe in God eventhough you don't know the answer for some of your questions :)

M

missy2014

You can know whether or not you are saved. The Holy Spirit witnesses this to you in your soul. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on Him, should not perish but have EVERLASTING life. When you are saved, He gives you everlasting life. It is not a presumptuous thing. It is the peace of Christ which passes understanding.

Salvation is not a hope so, it is a know so. God bless you, I hope you are able to get peace in your mind about the truth.
I love your answers of late God is using/ at work in you - neat to see :)

M

missy2014

I agree I dont believe in Science one bit Im not going to be corrected for it people( Christians) shouldnt correct us their coming against God I do believe it prooves the bible but im not going to call atheism awesome and I think Creationist Scientists and Christian who are Scientist that acknowledge God are wonderful. Good on you Elizabeth lets find more like minded Christians who stand for the Word of God. What people need now more than ever is the Word of God and a personal relationship with Jesus (and Im all for it) Yehushua Amen!

Last edited:
M

missy2014

I am soooo sorry you feel this way, but I hate to break it to you, it is healthy to question things. On the same token I can promise you Jesus is real, God did create the heavens and the earth in six days and rested on the seventh, he sent his son to be born of a virgin to ultimately be the ultimate sacrifice for our sin so that we can live eternal life with our maker if we choose to accept it OR be thrown into the lake of fire with the one who is out to seek, kill, and destroy. I dont know about you, but I would rather believe in something that would give me eternal life over destroying me.

My advice to you is to get into a good church and find some strong Christian friends as I have an idea you hang out with people that dont believe in God....for God gives us hope, love and joy something that atheists just do not comprehend. I will say a prayer that God reveals himself to you :)
exactly John 10:10 and in the old testament God says choose life so you may live!~ Amen!?

M

missy2014

you said it better than I could say it Wow very cool we are reliant on the Mercy of God he is our very breath and his unfailing love is amazing astounding in fact more than we can comprehend more than we can ask think or imagine.

Aug 16, 2016
Faith is essential in Christianity. As the scriptures says in John 20:29 - Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.". Satan is still currently offering people fame, power & wealth for worship just like he offered to Jesus.

Feb 5, 2017
Didn't Jesus hang out with people who didn't believe in God? One thing I see Christians do, which is why I'm often sceptical or stand back is that they say, only trust or hang out with Christians and no-one else, as if being a Christian is being more elite than anyone who isn't. But that isn't how love works, that isn't how God works. God sees people equally, he just didn't create the wicked in them. If we love only those who love us (those who are like-minded) then are we really breaking down walls, or are we building them?

People of science do not often focus on love, apart from the love for their equations. People of God often do not focus on love, apart from their love for God and scripture. People of the world often do not focus on love, but love for themselves and material gain. But a child of God, and God being love, and that childlike image in us as a reflection of God, is one who knows that love means that you can love everybody equally, you can walk through the valley of death without fear, for perfect love casts out fear.

It's interesting that within just about every religion that exists on planet earth, every religion says that God is Love, so what do they do? They do not invoke the image of God who is love, they use God as an advocate of love so that they do not have to be loving.

My questioning has always been deep. Some of the most devout Christians I have known who know the bible in and out, who pronounce it rather than reveal themselves, have been the worst sinners I have known, and yet in their devotion will still talk about the world and people as if they are all the sinners, but they are saved. Jesus let himself be the scapegoat for our sins, and what do people do, but use others or 'them' as scapegoats for their own sin. People do to each other, what people did to Jesus.

Jesus is central to what Christianity is. And yet in this, Jesus is used as an advocate for peoples sins, or as an advocate for peoples problems, 'rather than' the higher focus being, how can we be more Christ-like towards each other? How can we bring the spirit of Jesus in what we do, and how we treat others? In how we communicate with each other? How can we think of Jesus who died for us, who did not run away from this, like people would 99% of the time do, and say, what can I do that is the truth, the way, and the life of Jesus, and bring that spirit to others around me?

How can I bring Jesus present now, how can I bring Jesus to life in the world?

How do you save someone who is about to jump off a cliff? Do you tell them to read the bible in the hope that they will change their mind? Do you say a prayer in the hope God will change their mind? Do you tell them Jesus loves them in the hope that they will change their mind? Do you ask them whether they are a Christian or not? Do you ask them have they sinned? Do you ask them if they have been to church? Or do you grab them by the hand, pull them away and say, it's not your time to go, let me help you. Is it blasphemy to do that?? Or is that living the Word rather than advocating it?

I'm just a messenger.

Oct 20, 2016

Thank you sis for voicing out your questions out here. I would say that there are logical arguments proving the existence of God and other questions that you have.
I recommend you going through this site
Does God Exist? | Reasonable Faith
May God bless you!:)

oluwa

Mar 17, 2017
you are in error here (am sorry, I used the word...'error').
What is happening to op means she/he is not fully saved or still working on his/her salvation and at such should move with people who will make her/him grow Spiritually.
that said, even if you are fully saved and you are moving with sinners just to win their souls for Jesus and you discovered they are affecting you negatively, what will you do? You keep moving with them in the hope of you want to save them? No. What then do you do? You move away from them. So that in trying to win them over for the Lord, they don't win you over for the devil.

K

kstout6

Hi Sonia!

It is good to have doubts. It means that you are thinking critically. Someone once told me, before you doubt your beliefs, doubt your doubt. Question to see if your doubts really are what they seem to be they are. And before I go on any further, remember, do not use Science and Religion. Religion cannot solve science, because science is ever-evolving about the mechanics of the universe. Religion is the spiritual side of the universe. It is too difficult at this time to combine the two for mankind. If science says that man came from a fish, then, okay, according to science, we came from a fish, and that is that. You can also say, According to the Bible, we were created in the image of God, then we are children of God.
Religion cannot explain everything in the universe. The prophets from the Bible had very little knowledge of the universe as we know today. And God does not give all the info of the universe because He thinks that we need to learn how to get along with each other before he introduces us to other life on other planets. I mean, we have had people like Hitler and Stalin in the last century, do you think God wants us to commit genocide on an alien race?
Science if very analytical, but it came from very mundane things. It is a good thing, always trying to change how we view the universe, but I should warn you. Do not put so much faith in science because even science states that we should not put so much faith in science, because the purpose of science is to pursue truth about the world around us and the universe we live in. Theories that have been made and defended in science have been classified as untrue or false years later, it is because we find proof to debunk those theories. Right now, the two theories that are confronting religion is the Big Bang Theory and Evolution. So, most of the scientific community support that we came from fish and monkeys. Okay, I get it. Makes sense, right? So, if the Bible were true, why did it say that the Earth was created in 6 days and that we are the image of God? Think about it this way: the prophets of the Old Testament were pretty much savages and cavemen. They cut off the arms of thieves, and kill those who insult them. That is the world they live in. They know nothing of light speed theory, genetic engineering, and helicopters. I mean, look at the pictures in religious texts. The angels have feathered wings, as if a drunk man had relations with a freaking swan! It is what they imagine angels in the air, because they know that birds have wings and they fly in the air, so angels must have wings too, because how else can they fly? Take a lot of religion with a grain of salt. If it sounds foolish, then okay, it may be foolish, but the teachings of Christ, try to live them, ponder them in your heart, and ask yourself, can Science really answer questions of the soul? No, they can't, and they won't, because that is not the purpose of science.

Bottom line, don't mix science and religion. Its better that way. You can believe in Evolution and still be a good Christian if you follow Christ's teachings. And, me being a Christian myself, I want to you tell you, the Earth wasn't created in 6 days. I am not sure how long it took. The 6 days is a symbol. It could mean 6 million years. Or six days in God's timeframe which could be billions or more.