i dont wasnt to get married when i be old.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

andrew12

HERE IN MY COUNTRY I KNOW A GUY THAT IS LIKE 50 YEARS OLD AND.. HE HASNT YET MARRIED , AND HE HAS BEEN CRISTIAN SINCE HIS YOUTH . CAN God make a man wait all this time??

B

buckeyegirl700

hello , i have seen several persons that have been cristians since the youth , and they havent married and are like 30 . so i wouldnt like to get married when i be old or when i be 30 years . in my heart i would like to get married before i be 25. and now i am 21. i need an advice.
It is not about what you want it is about what God wants. There is no set time that a person has to marry. I think a lot of time Christians want to marry young so they can have sex.

D

Dread_Zeppelin

It is not about what you want it is about what God wants. There is no set time that a person has to marry. I think a lot of time Christians want to marry young so they can have sex.

I have been saying that for years. Then they find out its not all it's cracked up to be.... and they also find out they dont want to be with eachother for the rest of their lives.

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
I have been saying that for years. Then they find out its not all it's cracked up to be.... and they also find out they dont want to be with eachother for the rest of their lives.
Then life gets interesting!

L

lightbliss

HERE IN MY COUNTRY I KNOW A GUY THAT IS LIKE 50 YEARS OLD AND.. HE HASNT YET MARRIED , AND HE HAS BEEN CRISTIAN SINCE HIS YOUTH . CAN God make a man wait all this time??
God didn't create people so they can get married (well you know). Not everyone will, so pray to be content if you don't.

A

andrew12

i know i will get marry because i am sure of what i want and God is the onlyone that has put that desire in me and in mathew 19:12 is talking about the marriage and it says,"Some are born as eunuchs, some have been made eunuchs by others, and some choose not to marry for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can." so i like to listen to biblical arguments not to human arguments" i want to listen each argument of you based on the bible because remember in 2 TIMOTHY 3:16,17 SAYS
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

AND.. I THINK ALL MARRIAGES ARE DIFFERENT SO.. IF A MARRIAGE IS FAILING THERE MUST BE REASONS .dear brothers correct me if i am wrong but all the perspectives that you show me about the marriage are like terror , and if God created the marriage is because is a blessing . i tell you again correct me if i am wrong so it is how i catch some ideas not all.

G

greatkraw

i have been

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
I would love to think that divorce doesn't apply to Chrsitians but the fact is they're just as guilty. Divorce is more popular than ever in the Christian community and it's sad- just go to the family forums and see how many people have stated they are divorced or divorcing. Its the coldness of the world creeping into the church. That is why when you marry you must be very mature or sure. Lets face it teens today are so babied they dont mature until their much older because they've gotten whatever they wanted.

Also your part about teens and young adults supporting themselves: I would LOVE to pay $200 a month to live somewhere!!!!! Try $600 for a basic place not counting utilities. Oh and food here has gone up, try $100 a week. Austraila must be the place to go to afford a living :(
I think your right on the point that teens are less mature than they used to be, grow up slower, heck I know I was an idiot when I was 17-18, will probably think the same thing of myself now in a few years. :)

Do you mean $600 a week or 600 a month btw? $600 a month is very manageable on one income, $100 a week for food?... What are you buying? I'm pretty sure you could cut that down if you were desperate.

As for divorce being 'popular' among christian circles, I'd question whether the christians getting divorces are well... christians, rather than just saying they are or being christian by culture. I'd be hesitant to rely on statistics as so many people just give themselves the christian tag in the censis and on surveys without knowing a thing about jesus, I know I used to. I think I'd agree that it is higher than it used to be, but as to being popular I don't really think so.

That being said, your pretty right snail, we are being desensitised to affairs and that sort of thing through the world and it's sad. As christians though it's our job to resist that & stick together and reinforce each other

As for this

I think a lot of time Christians want to marry young so they can have sex.
I think this is correct, it is a major motivator for getting married, however... I'm not sure this is a bad thing (it is biblical) - provided that we get married in the right manner, and not to the first person who calls themself a christian & flings themselves at you.

I heard a very good sermon on marriage about a week after I became a christian, remembered it oddly, it isn't who you marry but how you marry. The things that were stressed (big time stressed) in this sermon was about marrying in the right manner - Always keeping God as the centre of marriage, this means picking a mature christian to marry, the most mature christian you can find.

Personally, I have to agree, if god is kept at the centre of the marriage then it will last! It really about making sure you have enough life experience so you know how to tough out the hard bits of the marriage, it's about being spiritually mature in the marriage - so you can stick it out, relying upon Jesus. There's a few lovely quotes in proverbs I think something along the lines of 'a strand of three cords is not easily broken' and 'one can be attacked and defeated, two can stand back and fight, three is even better...

It doesn't matter if you marry at 16, 21, 30, 40 or 85, (go grandpa!) if both people are committed christians & remain that way, then the marriage will last. :)

Feb 18, 2010
I agree with the above post. God operates on a different timescale to us.
He also gives us our desires, as long as we walk in the path he's provided for us.
Give it all to God, pray about it, but don't become disheartened by it.

Sooo many people rush into marriage before 30's just because they want to marry young, but the range of 20-30 year olds have the highest divorce rates. Remember you'll be spending the rest of your life with this person. You don't want after 5years to start thinking, "Hm, I could have waited, what if I there was someone else for me.."

Hold in there and let God lead you.
For the most part I agree with Kadangel. While I don't believe there is anyone out there destined to be your soulmate, I do believe that finding that one to call your soulmate is a difficult task and even though more than one out there will fit the bill they are few and far between in a sea of people. Trust in God, pray, seek his will in your life and love him more than your significant other at all times. Remember that God is the Creator of that beautiful young lady; therefore God is all the more beautiful - inside and out. Also remember this: All things are possible with God. If you never find that mate in this life or if you find them later in life because you are following his will, he is more than able to bring you happiness if he so desires. :)