I dreamed a dream

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don't idolize Gandhi, but I would not say he's damned either. My words concerning Gandhi are from what I have read or been told about this man, his actions appear to follow the teachings of GOD and Christ. I Idolize and worship only GOD
Matthew 4:10 Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written,

“‘You shall worship the Lord your God
and him only shall you serve.’”
I did not say you idolize him. Why are you defending against something that was not even said? Gosh, you certainly idealize him, and attribute things to him which are not true. If Gandhi followed the teachings of GOD and Christ, he would not have sexually exploited young women. Please educate yourself. Test the spirits. You have been deceived. Study the Scriptures, for they proclaim Jesus is God.

Jul 22, 2019
I did not say you idolize him. Why are you defending against something that was not even said? Gosh, you certainly idealize him, and attribute things to him which are not true. If Gandhi followed the teachings of GOD and Christ, he would not have sexually exploited young women. Please educate yourself. Test the spirits. You have been deceived. Study the Scriptures, for they proclaim Jesus is God.
My apologies for misreading what you wrote, It does not change however that all mankind is sinful.
Jesus himself proclaimed he was an angel, no where in scripture does Jesus ever proclaim to be GOD
Revelation 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” Apparently I can no long sign off with love as that is being misinterpretted by some members so how about sharing with you what the Holy Spirit has shared with me.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My apologies for misreading what you wrote, It does not change however that all mankind is sinful.
Jesus himself proclaimed he was an angel, no where in scripture does Jesus ever proclaim to be GOD
Revelation 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.” Apparently I can no long sign off with love as that is being misinterpretted by some members so how about sharing with you what the Holy Spirit has shared with me.
I wonder why you attempt to argue things that have not been disputed, for instance as your first line above, "it does not change that all mankind is sinful." It also seems somewhat contradictory, as first you extol Gandhi as if he were a paragon of virtue, and disparage me for pointing out something you were ignorant of regarding him. Gandhi was not a follower of Christ. There is only ONE way to God and that is through Jesus. The Scriptures, which you also disparage, proclaim the Divinity of Christ. As a newly minted Christian it is something I wondered about, and now, years into my walk, it is not something I could question, perhaps something I could marvel in wonder about, but not to the point where I deny it like you do, for it is made plain through the written Word.

Jul 23, 2018
No they are subject to validation through what GOD and Christ have taught. Did Christ ever teach that he was GOD? Did GOD claim on his baptism This is me and I am so proud of myself? Yet you stand so firm on John 1 because it follows your teachings; however it does not follow the teachings of GOD or Christ.
The Father called Him God,Thomas worshipped him and His name has been exaulted above every name.
Not God?
That i showed you is only a portion.

He is indeed God

Jul 23, 2018
Heres the deal.
If He was slain before the foundation of the world,when was the bible written ?

BEFORE ADAM.

Jul 22, 2019
The Father called Him God,Thomas worshipped him and His name has been exaulted above every name.
Not God?
That i showed you is only a portion.

He is indeed God
Your belief is as you say. There is no scripture I can quote and nothing I could claim that would change this belief that is so ingrained in you. Be well and always ask for guidance from the Holy Spirit of GOD.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Did Christ ever teach that he was GOD?
So why don't you join the Jehovah's Witnesses, who also deny the deity of Christ?

Christ did indeed teach many times that He is GOD. He was also worshiped as God by His disciples.

The fact that you even asked the above question means that YOU CHOSE TO IGNORE WHAT HE TAUGHT. So there would be no point in showing you the relevant Scriptures. However, be aware of one thing -- those who do not believe that Jesus is God cannot be saved. Repentance means believing that Jesus is God who became Man to die for your sins.

Jul 22, 2019
So why don't you join the Jehovah's Witnesses, who also deny the deity of Christ?

Christ did indeed teach many times that He is GOD. He was also worshiped as God by His disciples.

The fact that you even asked the above question means that YOU CHOSE TO IGNORE WHAT HE TAUGHT. So there would be no point in showing you the relevant Scriptures. However, be aware of one thing -- those who do not believe that Jesus is God cannot be saved. Repentance means believing that Jesus is God who became Man to die for your sins.
The Jehovah's Witness religion was founded by a lawyer (joseph rutherford) who was hired by a man (charles russell) to avoid sharing his money with his wife during their separation so they created a religion. I believe I have made it very clear my only Church is Jesus the Christ.

If all people whho do not believe Jesus is GOD can not be saved; how do you explain the second judgment in
revelations 20: 11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them.12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Jul 23, 2018
Your belief is as you say. There is no scripture I can quote and nothing I could claim that would change this belief that is so ingrained in you. Be well and always ask for guidance from the Holy Spirit of GOD.
I didnt get it nor recieve it at first.
Then watchtower knocled on my door.
I was a baby christian and none of the belivers at my church satisfied my questions as to the diety of Jesus.
So,i dug.
The bible is clear. Jesus is co equal to the Father.
The jw s are clever,and like you"change the bible.

We can move over to a parellel.
Was Jesus creator,or was he created.

If He is creator,as the word of God declares,He is God and worthy of worship.

The Holy Spirit showed me why it had to be God on the cross.

It was/is galations 3 (i think)
"...no law given could impart life"
The Holy Spirit showed me that by direct revelation.

You know what? The Holy Spirit reveals mysteries to men(and women). Christ is God.
He had to be/is God for certain reasons.
The Holy Spirit Himself reveals those hidden things.
You gave yourself away when you said,"Nowhere does it directly say He is God."
You are NOT led of the Spirit or we would agree. You are not led of the Spirit,therefore i WILL NOT tell you the other reason Jesus HAD TO BE/IS God and man.

When you guys show up so fakey and phoney,i swear the Lion of Judah rises uo within me.

The audacity of the created even thinking they can disenfranchise the King.
You owe everything to Him,

Insted you play word games with His Holy Word (which you also desecrate)

Jul 23, 2018
Thank you watchtower.
Because you drove me into the arms of the Holy Spirit,that it may be forever settled in my spirit that Jesus is God.

Jul 23, 2018
Now,
WHAT UNHOLY SPIRIT WILL FOREVER HOPE TO UNSETTLE THE FACT THAT JESUS IS GOD??

I Know his name.
His name is antichrist.

Jul 23, 2018
Ok,now think about it.
What does the AC require??
Worship
You worship him...you "live"
You don't...you die

What was satan after during Jesus fast??
Worship.

It's all about disenfranchisement.
Redemption vs disenfranchisement.

See the enemy,satan, in his interaction with Jesus,What would you assume he is still doing??
The same thing.
Flapping his lips in lies with ONE AIM.
To unsettle Jesus followers(if you/he are/is) really God,blah,blah,blah)
And to disenfranchise (...fall down and worship me)
The WORD OF GOD declares "every knee shsall bow to Jesus in worship"

Clearly,clearly 2 choices
Worship God...Jesus

Or the other christ.
The HOLY SPIRIT is over that. Pointing and gathering,calling,and bringing men to Christ.

THE AUDACITY OF SOME GOOFY SPIRIT HOPING TO SMEAR HEAVENS HEART,TESTIMONY AND PURPOSE.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Scripture attests to the Divinity of Jesus Christ, Lord of heaven and earth.

Clickable link. <- check this out please :) I made this for you:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Then another book was opened, which is the book of life... And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
The ones who are not found written in the Book of Life are the ones who did not believe and obey the Gospel (John 3:36).

An essential part of believing the Gospel is believing that Jesus who died on the cross is God who took human form in order to pay the sin debt for mankind. If anyone believes that Jesus is less than God, they have essentially rejected the Gospel, because it was the blood of God which was poured out for humanity.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. (Acts 20:28).

Therefore Jesus said "If ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins" (John 8:24). ["he" was inserted by the translators and is therefore in italics] The name of Almighty God is "I AM" as well as YHWH.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Hello again Pomeranian, Exodus 20:16's, "You shall not רָצַח"/"murder", prohibits an individual from the unlawful taking another individual's life. However, "You shall not רָצַח", is not a prohibition against a government's lawful choice & duty to מוּת "put to death" .. Exodus 21:15-17 criminals who have broken their laws and done harm to their citizens.

~Deut
This is not from GOD.

For surely I will require your blood, wherein your lives are: at the hands of every beast will I require it: and at the hand of man, even at the hand of a man’s brother will I require the life of man.
Who so sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God hath he made man.
(Genesis 9:5-6)
do you believe this from God?

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Ok so this woke me up in the middle of the night so take it for what it's worth to you. At the first post. It's been knocking at the back of my mind and there was something incredibly coincidental concerning it that I will relate below.

I recognize your premise that there are holes in scripture. The only way I agree to this is that we have holes/imperfections. The word cannot be understood without the Holy Spirit's guidance and being a believer leading us into ALL. We can scratch the surface and begin the dialogue but not without that initial draw.

When you said that Moses or Paul cannot be trusted because they fell pray to Satan's temptations. Do you not also? How can you even trust yourself?

His word IS perfect. We are not. It takes the guidance of the spirit to see what is hidden. There are still passages of scripture I have no idea what they mean in the larger context...my own mind has "spun" it into something it isn't...essentially attacking the core belief systems.

That's where I STOP and ask myself...am I just "reading" this or am I having it be "read" to me. What motive am I coming to the table with reading scripture, is it possible that the enemy can mislead me about scripture? What is the consensus? All of these things must be measured.

I'll still read regardless and pray about the interpretation but don't jump to conclusions impulsively. Truth will stand the test of time.

So in any case. Taking one dream that rejects the authority of scripture calling it mere "inspiration of men" or even "men inspired by god but erroneous" should be something that you consider much more deeply. I've taken that route before and I'm convinced that is the enemy.

So oddly after I had read what you wrote as the conclusion...I didn't read the dream as you are convinced of the interpretation somehow...in any case I was on another thread trying to find a particular scripture and I stumble upon a website, as I had misremembered the scripture and the way I had remembered it was leading to support for a behavior pattern that while humanisticly wise was unclear.

So I stumble upon this site and it's a site promoting Satanism very clearly and that there are holes in scripture and that the meat of it has been stripped from us by those in power in order to maintain that power. I didn't keep reading because I have enough of that nonsense in my mind already. Basically that all Christians are fools and scripture is deliberately false and missing portions that would lead to true knowledge and power of the Lord. Total nonsense. It does not do to entertain things of that sort.

Just know that it was quite a curious coincidence, has not ever happened to me before (finding that type of website looking for that thing) and you post about the exact same thing.

You can't always trust your dreams. I'm willing to accede to there being holes in humanity that the enemy fills when one is in rebellion and will not submit to the Lord or have anything to do with him as far as their choice allows but throwing out all of scripture beyond the 10 commandments is going a bit too far.

Btw when the father spoke at any other time you would also have to throw out. I would encourage you to look a lot deeper at scripture. At least until you understand the distinction between the father and the son in the OT.

Like how can you even believe in Yeshua with just the 10 commandments? How can you believe in creation? All you can believe in is a "being" that wrote 10 rules. Why follow that? Who is he to you? If you can't know him according to the word he could be anything.

I'm not intending this to sound condescending or judgmental in any way. I've held wrong interpretations inside of me for a long time. I'm not going to get started on my dreams but basically all the occult stuff you see in films, that led me to believe a lot of that was ok for a long time because it felt right in a dream.

It wasn't until I got heavily convicted and did some serious digging in scripture that I found out where those things are talked about. In the "manner" that I needed.

I sincerely hope that the Lord brings you back to read this because you weren't banned when I woke up but I figured it'd be fine for a whole day. So #errorImsorry if not.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
So alas, rather discouraging :(

twice that has happened.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
For surely I will require your blood, wherein your lives are: at the hands of every beast will I require it: and at the hand of man, even at the hand of a man’s brother will I require the life of man.
Who so sheddeth man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God hath he made man.
(Genesis 9:5-6)
do you believe this from God?
Hi Posthuman, I believe that Genesis 9:5-6 is from God, of course (especially since it is written in the first Person), but Pomeranian believes that the Decalogue alone contains the breathed/inspired words of God, and that the rest of the OT/NT amounts to nothing more than the words/musings of mere men about the Divine.

As a side note, I would think that writing something in the first Person in the Bible, as if God the Father, God the Son and/or God the Holy Spirit had spoken those words, would be a bit nervy (to say the very least) if the words were not Theirs, that is :oops:

~Deut
p.s. - I believe that Pomeranian said something about adding in four of the sayings of Jesus as being from God (IOW, along with the Decalogue), though I'm not sure which four of His sayings she had in mind. That said, it should also be pointed out that she does not believe that Jesus is God.