I feel down alot.. and sometimes for no reason

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
It could be depression. My depression started in my teens. Depression can come from external circumstances, things going on in your life. Or it can be internal and some crossed wires in your brain.

If it's external, perhaps the death of a loved one, taking healthy steps to deal with the grief (or whatever emotions apply to the situation) may help shorten the time you're affected. My father went through this and it lasted about a year before going away.

If it's internal, depending on severity, seeing a counselor could be a good place to start. They can make an official diagnosis and help you figure out the cause.

In either case being on a regular sleep schedule, eating a decent diet and getting exercise can help reduce depression.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @AnnaAngel, first off, welcome to CChat :)

That said, there are a whole host of reasons that you may be feeling "down", one of them being the fact that you are going through your teenage years right now ;) (as they are some of the most difficult years to make it through in life for several reasons ... though you have a GREAT advantage over most because you are a Christian .. cf John 8:32; 1 Corinthians 2:12-16 :)).

So keep reading and studying the Bible, and keep trusting its Author (Proverbs 3:5-6) to see you through all of the rough patches in your life .. e.g. Joshua 1:8; Psalms 1:1-3, 119:105; Romans 8:28, 12:2; Philippians 1:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, 23-24; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 7:25.

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - here is some advice from missionary/author Elisabeth Elliot about feeling "down" and the remedy for it that worked for her. BTW, if you do not know who Elisabeth Elliot is, and what she's done, she would definitely be someone who is worth looking into
(particularly what she did among the Aucas in South America) (y) She also had a daily, 15 minute radio broadcast called, Gateway to Joy, (which she often often opened with the words that you see below in the picture) and her archived broadcasts can be listened to here. Her ministry (after finishing her years as an overseas missionary) was to principally to young women and young wives, just FYI.

Do you often feel like parched ground, unable to produce anything worthwhile? I do. When I am in need of refreshment, it isn't easy to think of the needs of others. But I have found that if, instead of praying for my own comfort and satisfaction, I ask the Lord to enable me to give to others, an amazing thing often happens - I find my own needs wonderfully met. Refreshment comes in ways I would never have thought of, both for others, and then, incidentally, for myself. ~Elisabeth Elliot

Elisabeth Elliot - You Loved Everlasting.jpg

AnnaAngel

Feb 21, 2021
Hello @AnnaAngel, first off, welcome to CChat :)

That said, there are a whole host of reasons that you may be feeling "down", one of them being the fact that you are going through your teenage years right now ;)(as they are some of the most difficult years to make it through in life for several reasons ... though you have a GREAT advantage over most because you are a Christian .. cf John 8:32; 1 Corinthians 2:12-16:)).

So keep reading and studying the Bible, and keep trusting its Author (Proverbs 3:5-6) to see you through all of the rough patches in your life .. e.g. Joshua 1:8; Psalms 1:1-3, 119:105; Romans 8:28, 12:2; Philippians 1:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, 23-24; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 7:25.

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - here is some advice from missionary/author Elisabeth Elliot about feeling "down" and the remedy for it that worked for her. BTW, if you do not know who Elisabeth Elliot is, and what she's done, she would definitely be someone who is worth looking into
(particularly what she did among the Aucas in South America) (y) She also had a daily, 15 minute radio broadcast called, Gateway to Joy, (which she often often opened with the words that you see below in the picture) and her archived broadcasts can be listened to here. Her ministry (after finishing her years as an overseas missionary) was to principally to young women and young wives, just FYI.

Do you often feel like parched ground, unable to produce anything worthwhile? I do. When I am in need of refreshment, it isn't easy to think of the needs of others. But I have found that if, instead of praying for my own comfort and satisfaction, I ask the Lord to enable me to give to others, an amazing thing often happens - I find my own needs wonderfully met. Refreshment comes in ways I would never have thought of, both for others, and then, incidentally, for myself. ~Elisabeth Elliot

Thank you