i feel like my family was a lie

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gentleprincess

MY parents have been separated for 2 years now, the reason for the separation, was because a girl, fifteen years younger than my dad became very close to my dad and seduced him. Many pastors says that she uses witchcraft. My dad hasn't been himself, even though sometimes, i can see my father how he was years befor all this occured.He was a great dad, always loving with me and my brother, and he asored my mom, yes they had fights sometimes, but we were such a great family, very close.

This separation has been very hard on my whole family, because my father doesn't want to come back, we still see him, but not as much. My mother started giving up faith and i think my brother long before gave up hope, but i haven't and i'd always push my mom to keep trying, because noone should ever break up what God blessed, and he blessed my parents marriage.

I never gave up hope that the marriage would not work out. I felt such hope, I was so confident it would work out. I may be the youngest one in the family, but i'm the most hopeful, but two days ago, a person confirmed that my father has been cheating on my mother for years, with not just one woman, but many different women that I know and thought were friends of the family. I dunno if I should keep pushing my mom, i'm so worried that she'll go into depression, and i think i've lost my hope for this family. I feel so alone, My brother is never at home, my father hardly comes by and my mother is goiung through such a hard time, i don't want to make her feel any worse. I feel as if all that we were before was a lie. I resent my father, but at the same time,I still love him, because he's my father, but I am so mad at him. He claims it's not true, but it is, it was confirmed and even then, he still lies to me.

It just hurts, because i think i just got hit with reality, that things don't always happen the way you want it to. I dunno if i can handle this so much, I new That the Lord would never give me anything that i can't handle, but it's just really hard, because I was so confident that it would all work out.

F

face2015

Hello,
i am sorry to hear your family matter, Yes this is happening in developed countries.. and also in whole world.. this is exploring the pain of many kids and mothers...
i will pray for you, Lord will keep you in good position, this is teaching to you to stand for good life in your future also. Be with your mom and don't give any pain to your mom.. try to strengthen her. In your personal matters also you can take care, to live a model life..
be with Lord, and pray for Lord's willing..
God bless you.........

MY parents have been separated for 2 years now, the reason for the separation, was because a girl, fifteen years younger than my dad became very close to my dad and seduced him. Many pastors says that she uses witchcraft. My dad hasn't been himself, even though sometimes, i can see my father how he was years befor all this occured.He was a great dad, always loving with me and my brother, and he asored my mom, yes they had fights sometimes, but we were such a great family, very close.

This separation has been very hard on my whole family, because my father doesn't want to come back, we still see him, but not as much. My mother started giving up faith and i think my brother long before gave up hope, but i haven't and i'd always push my mom to keep trying, because noone should ever break up what God blessed, and he blessed my parents marriage.

I never gave up hope that the marriage would not work out. I felt such hope, I was so confident it would work out. I may be the youngest one in the family, but i'm the most hopeful, but two days ago, a person confirmed that my father has been cheating on my mother for years, with not just one woman, but many different women that I know and thought were friends of the family. I dunno if I should keep pushing my mom, i'm so worried that she'll go into depression, and i think i've lost my hope for this family. I feel so alone, My brother is never at home, my father hardly comes by and my mother is goiung through such a hard time, i don't want to make her feel any worse. I feel as if all that we were before was a lie. I resent my father, but at the same time,I still love him, because he's my father, but I am so mad at him. He claims it's not true, but it is, it was confirmed and even then, he still lies to me.

It just hurts, because i think i just got hit with reality, that things don't always happen the way you want it to. I dunno if i can handle this so much, I new That the Lord would never give me anything that i can't handle, but it's just really hard, because I was so confident that it would all work out.

S

SimpliCT

Gentleprincess u hang in there be ur mom's source of strength as u gain ur strength from the Lord never stop praying even when u r down. Don't give the Devil anything to be victorious for. Will remember u in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless you.

K

KrisK27

Be strong hold yourself together and help hold your family together as much as you can.

I hate to say it but there is a strong chance that your dad was never really (in his heart) feeling what he was expressing to the family before the trouble started. If he just broke up the family and left for another woman regardless of her age, then he always had that ability to run away with a different woman, and mabye its some form of escape for him? Life is too hard for all of us.

Every person is broken, we're just broken in different ways.

the best thing in my opinion is to never take someone elses choices as a personal insult, mabye your dad selfeshly left and ran away and hurt you all and the pain will be a long time healing if ever, but if you focus to hard on that pain then satan will be winning. Just accept it and go on each day stronger, accept that he is gone off on his own struggle and take care of yourself and your own.

just keep your soul safe and don't let dispairs and feras and pain rule you or own you rlife.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I understand so well what you are feeling. I went through this as a small child with my family. Although my father also abused us. I loved him still as I knew no differance. I prayed for years that God would heal my father and bring him home. But it did not happen. As an adult I came to see that it was was a blessing but the loss still remained. He passed several years ago and when we went through his things we discovered that he too like your father had been unfaithful to my mother for a long time. We also did not find one single photo of any of us. It was heartbreaking. Jesus's love healed my heart though. I came to understand that my father did love us he just did not know how and did not have the faith to do so. He chose the life he had because of his bitterness over how his parents treated him. I learned that if we allow our hurt to turn sour or bitter the evil continues. So I gave all that I felt over to Jesus and have learned that whenever we can we should overcome evil with good. Love your mom and try to place love where ever hurt and bitterness tries to invade. In this way you will find healing. You are in my prayers, as all of your family. God bless, pickles

May 22, 2009
Oops, that's a very sorry state of affairs for you, and something very challenging too. As a child you look up to your parents and I can understand what you would be going through right now.

It might be possible that your Dad wud be cheating on ur Mum, so don't press your Mom any further.

Take your responsibility and your Mom's responsibility as well.

Always remember that what you are is becoz she gave you Birth, so please always care and give her all the love...

God Bless Your Family...

iwant2serve

Apr 12, 2009
Princess I first want to address you. I feel for you and know you are in pain. It is never easy to be the strong one. The only thing I can relat to what you are going through is my oldest brother passed away at the age of 39. I had to be the strong one for my whole family and that weight was heavy. I use to go down to the beach and talk to the Lord watching the sun rise first thing most mornings. I know God can keep you safe, at peace, and strong for your family. The other is we never really know anyone or who they really are. Don't allow the enemy to cloud you love with harsh feelings for you dad. You show the love of God in everything you do. If this woman used witchcraft you have a greater power the Holy Spirit. When you pray dispatch the angel to you dad to reveal to him the truth. I have had people try witchcraft on me and my family but we keep the power of the Holy Spirit with us and He protects us. Remember the power you have is the greatest power in every situation.

N

nje

I feel sorry for what has been happening to you but whatever the case just know that the lord is always close to you when u need him most.Just cling on hope that the lord is going to do mighty and great things in your family.

D

dee133

I experienced what you are going through as a child and also again, now, as an adult. I am watching the same thing repeat in my brother's family and it is causing so much pain. People are imperfect and broken and this causes hurting people to hurt other people. The chain of brokenness just keeps repeating. I know your pain. I've experienced it and still do. I have never gotten over needing my dad's love or his presence in my life. The only thing we can do is run to God with our hurt, and we can purpose to do differently in our life. We can choose to stop the cycle in our life and not do the same thing in our children's life. I have noticed in my life that because of the hurt and pain in my life, I tend to be very needy when it comes to relationships and critical of people's motives. It's hard for me to trust, and I can't seem to have enough people to love me and fill that hole. It's a constant battle. I'm hoping that God will bring people like me and you through to another side someday. There are many, many people in our same shoes. Please know that you are understood and you are not alone. I understand and God understands. Hang in there with me.

Last edited:
S

songster

Your screen name reminds me of my daughter. Though it is not her name, for her entire life, I have called her Princess. I also have a son, whom I love. Both of my children are very special to me. There were many problems in the marriage, mostly my own, I believe. Now I am living for Christ and their mother has moved on. One thing has remained constant throughout all of this, my love for my children. I know the great love a father can have for his daughter and I know that you must be a treasure to your father, and that he must love you more than you could know. For selfish reasons, we often make poor decisions, and as some have said, we are broken people.

I know that right now you feel betrayed because your father has broken your heart by breaking up the family. You want to reach out and fix everything, returning it to the way it was. Your grief and your pain are understandable, but trust me, God is going to bring you through this.

When the tears have dried and the only thing that is left is a bitter taste from the whole mess. Find a way to forgive your father. As time goes on you will need him, and he will need you. This is not the end of you, or the members of your family, but things have changed a bit. God does not create these situations, but He is always willing to heal each person involved. Be prepared to become the only person who may be able to minister to your father. Forgive him from your heart.

My mother died at age 23. I was 4 years old. She was the victim of abuse and one day she died at the hands of her abuser, my father. Years before my father died, I forgave him, and even shared the gospel with him. He received Christ into his heart as a minister prayed with him one day. I have endured and experienced considerably more than that, but that is my story. Yours is just beginning.

Rise above this. Draw from the strength and grace the Holy Spirit will provide when you ask. These are the times, these are the days, that are shaping the person you will become. As the wounds are healing, strengthen your mother, and when they are healed, reach out to your father. Don’t judge the future within a moment of time. Your stability in Christ will be of great value throughout your mother and fathers lifetime.

Trust me, there is a beginning, and an end to every storm.

K

katybattle

i'm having family problems too. but don't worry. we'll pull through. and hey, if you need a friend, i'm here if anyone needs me. i'll always try to help. :)