I feel stressed at my job.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Frontios1996

Mar 30, 2017
I recently graduated with my associates in Early Education, and work casually as a preschool teacher, through a temp agency. I'm not sure whether it's rookie nerves, or whether I'm not emotionally well and unaware of it, but I am constantly underplaying my performance, and overly critical of myself, despite the supervisors saying that I'm doing a good job. I'm not sure why I'm like this, but I just need to let it out.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I recently graduated with my associates in Early Education, and work casually as a preschool teacher, through a temp agency. I'm not sure whether it's rookie nerves, or whether I'm not emotionally well and unaware of it, but I am constantly underplaying my performance, and overly critical of myself, despite the supervisors saying that I'm doing a good job. I'm not sure why I'm like this, but I just need to let it out.

I am so sorry things have been so rough on you. It has to be especially hard starting a new career in the educational field with all the confusion from the pandemic.

I've talked to a few people who work in education and it certainly isn't just you -- I think every teacher is under a tremendous amount of pressure. God bless you for raising up this new generation!

I really hope things get better and that God gives you strength and favor with the kids, parents, and supervisors.

Have you perhaps sought an online or real-life support group for educators who are going through the same thing?

Blessings and sending up a prayer on your behalf...

Please keep us posted on how you're doing, and thank you for all you do for these children and their families. :)

T

TheIndianGirl

It is understandable to be nervous when you are new at a job. However, it sounds like some of your emotions are rooted in fear of some sort (for example, fear of being laid off/fired, etc.). I worked through a temp agency once and knew the job was temporary (it was only extended a few months at a time), so that made me nervous even though I was doing a good job. Take some time to analyze your emotions.