I forgot to be baptized

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

savedtoast

Baptized as a child by the greek orthodox church, I was told I ran across the table and jumped into the baptismal font. I was 2 years old and said "I want to be baptized"

Weird

Anyway, many seasons later when I was grown up the Mormons bewitched me with their spirit of false love. I was baptized with them, but after many years of biblical study I left them.

So what do I do now, what is the right church to get involved with. Most churches have gone into new age monstrosity. I've been to most churches in my area but they are so dilapidated.

Feb 7, 2015
You know any Christians you respect? Ask one of them to baptize you in a lake or a pool somewhere, Our church baptizes in the Gulf of Mexico.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Yerl have to get that Mormon demon extracized...:p

S

savedtoast

You know any Christians you respect? Ask one of them to baptize you in a lake or a pool somewhere, Our church baptizes in the Gulf of Mexico.
Yes, that's so much better than going through the paperwork.

I opted out of a few baptisms because it there was a written test, and a lot of formalities before hand.

Just dunk me in the river, done.

S

savedtoast

Yerl have to get that Mormon demon extracized...:p
One thing that gets rid of the Mormon demon is to drink coffee in their temple, while reading the book of Mormon backwards.

Dec 28, 2016
Get baptized under the authority of a local NT church, not by someone you like in a lake or stream somewhere. The flippant attitude by some about baptism is unbelievable, but then again, no, it isn't unbelievable.

S

savedtoast

Get baptized under the authority of a local NT church, not by someone you like in a lake or stream somewhere. The flippant attitude by some about baptism is unbelievable, but then again, no, it isn't unbelievable.
A lot of these churches want me to sign up with their brand of spirituality first, none of this is easy.

Dec 28, 2016
A lot of these churches want me to sign up with their brand of spirituality first, none of this is easy.
I don't know...

So, for what other reason(s) (than you are making a public profession of saving faith in Christ) are they wanting you to submit to at baptism?

Be specific.

S

savedtoast

I don't know...

So, for what other reason(s) (than you are making a public profession of saving faith in Christ) are they wanting you to submit to at baptism?

Be specific.
Most church's here adhere to certain doctrines that I'd have to accept first, before a baptism can take place.

It's alot of legalism.

Dec 28, 2016
Most church's here adhere to certain doctrines that I'd have to accept first, before a baptism can take place.

It's alot of legalism.
I was hoping you'd be specific, which would be really easy to do if you think about it. But you're not going to be specific which causes one to wonder as to the allegations...

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Independent Full Preterist.

:p

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Life was not meant to be easy, and the Christian is in constant warfare. However, getting back to your original concerns (a) Mormon baptism would be meaningless since their doctrine is false, (b) you need to be baptized as a believer and by immersion in a local NT church (as already mentioned by someone else).

The real problem to day is that most churches (including Baptist churches) do not teach Bible truth about Christian baptism, but impose their own ideas on something which is simple yet profound.

1. Water baptism is for believers only. Study the book of Acts of the Apostles
2. It is a commandment of the Lord and should therefore be obeyed. See Acts 10
3. It must follow immediately after conversion
4. It does not require classes, catechism, or any indoctrination
5. It is by immersion since that properly represents death, burial, and resurrection with Christ
6. It is not a "rite of passage" for membership in a local church
7. It provides an opportunity for the believer to testify of his faith in Christ, as did the Ethiopian eunuch
8. It is the first step of obedience to Christ, and may be neglected only upon peril to one's Christian walk and growth
9. It does not produce regeneration, and only symbolizes that your sins have been washed away. See the baptism of Paul.

Only the blood of Christ can wash away our sins and our guilt. But baptism for you should mean that you died to the old life, and you will walk in "newness of life" by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
S

savedtoast

Life was not meant to be easy, and the Christian is in constant warfare. However, getting back to your original concerns (a) Mormon baptism would be meaningless since their doctrine is false, (b) you need to be baptized as a believer and by immersion in a local NT church (as already mentioned by someone else).

The real problem to day is that most churches (including Baptist churches) do not teach Bible truth about Christian baptism, but impose their own ideas on something which is simple yet profound.

1. Water baptism is for believers only. Study the book of Acts of the Apostles
2. It is a commandment of the Lord and should therefore be obeyed. See Acts 10
3. It must follow immediately after conversion
4. It does not require classes, catechism, or any indoctrination
5. It is by immersion since that properly represents death, burial, and resurrection with Christ
6. It is not a "rite of passage" for membership in a local church
7. It provides an opportunity for the believer to testify of his faith in Christ, as did the Ethiopian eunuch
8. It is the first step of obedience to Christ, and may be neglected only upon peril to one's Christian walk and growth
9. It does not produce regeneration, and only symbolizes that your sins have been washed away. See the baptism of Paul.

Only the blood of Christ can wash away our sins and our guilt. But baptism for you should mean that you died to the old life, and you will walk in "newness of life" by the power of the Holy Spirit.
I'm in no war, for he who is greater has won against all principalities and powers.

Do a lot of you think your in a religious war? We are called to die for our faith, not beat people with biblical stipulations.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus was baptized in a river.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I'm in no war, for he who is greater has won against all principalities and powers.
Well if you are in no war, you must be the exception, since according to Ephesians 6, all Christians are at war with the principalities and powers

Do a lot of you think your in a religious war? We are called to die for our faith, not beat people with biblical stipulations.
That was not a reference to "religious war" or beating people with "biblical stipulations". You said it was not easy, and the reason it is not easy if because you are in a spiritual battle. God has made full provision for this battle, but if you deny there is one, you are simply fooling yourself.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Eph 6:12).

W

wwjd_kilden

But he did not exclude ponds, lakes, oceans, or baptismal fonts!:)
I don't think that was her point
I think her point was the ludicrous reactions that people gave to the suggestion of being baptized by a fellow Christian i.e. in a river.

S

savedtoast

Well if you are in no war, you must be the exception, since according to Ephesians 6, all Christians are at war with the principalities and powers

That was not a reference to "religious war" or beating people with "biblical stipulations". You said it was not easy, and the reason it is not easy if because you are in a spiritual battle. God has made full provision for this battle, but if you deny there is one, you are simply fooling yourself.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Eph 6:12).
It says wrestle not war, war is to attack and defend. I'm not called to attack demons, I'd flat out loose.

War, I can see why Christianity is a cut throat business these days.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don't think that was her point
I think her point was the ludicrous reactions that people gave to the suggestion of being baptized by a fellow Christian i.e. in a river.
You got it :) A natural setting was perfectly acceptable to Jesus.