I forgot to be baptized

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

savedtoast

Now I'm thinking, Moses was not baptized, Lot wasn't, Adam and Eve were never baptized.

Weird

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Now I'm thinking, Moses was not baptized, Lot wasn't, Adam and Eve were never baptized.

Weird
Matt. 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit." The clear command of Jesus is to baptize this way.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I haven't had my forskin chopped either, is this going to be a problem?
Circumcision was a sign of being under the Old Covenant, which was a foreshadowing the circumcision of the heart in the New Covenant.

Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Yes, that's so much better than going through the paperwork.

I opted out of a few baptisms because it there was a written test, and a lot of formalities before hand.

Just dunk me in the river, done.

How about a non-denominational church. They have less regulations/formalities.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My non denominational church would still want to make sure that you
have counted the cost and know the reasons why you are being baptized.
If you are against making a confession of faith, you may not be ready...

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
My non denominational church would still want to make sure that you
have counted the cost and know the reasons why you are being baptized.
If you are against making a confession of faith, you may not be ready...
​Yes, mine too. They want to make sure you've been born again and are getting baptized out of obedience. But they don't make you fill out a bunch of paper work and all that so it's a simpler process.

S

savedtoast

Circumcision was a sign of being under the Old Covenant, which was a foreshadowing the circumcision of the heart in the New Covenant.

Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised.
Doesn't the new testament say

"I baptize you with water, but one will come who will baptize you with fire"

So when Jesus said "Go out and baptize, making disciples"

Does he mean by fire or water?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
​Yes, mine too. They want to make sure you've been born again and are getting baptized out of obedience. But they don't make you fill out a bunch of paper work and all that so it's a simpler process.
Yeah, that paperwork jazz struck me as being strange.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Doesn't the new testament say

"I baptize you with water, but one will come who will baptize you with fire"

So when Jesus said "Go out and baptize, making disciples"

Does he mean by fire or water?
Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit and with fire. Men baptize with water.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
You know any Christians you respect? Ask one of them to baptize you in a lake or a pool somewhere, Our church baptizes in the Gulf of Mexico.
I got baptized in the Jordan river. At a tourist trap. Nicely done, but a tourist trap none the less :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Do you know what the new testament means by fire Magenta?
In the instance of baptism, fire is a figurative manifestation of God. Two gospels add "and fire."

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Baptism isn't something you forget, its something you experience. Any Christian can baptize another Christian, it should be by complete submersion. Its just an outward demonstration of an inward transformation, dying to the flesh and being reborn from above. Most churches just want to make sure you understand what the process represents, they want to make sure you understand the importance and that you are ready, then its your choice.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It says wrestle not war, war is to attack and defend. I'm not called to attack demons, I'd flat out loose.
Since wrestlers do not wear armor, but soldiers do -- when they go to war -- perhaps you need to sit down and study Ephesians 6 and other related Scriptures. And you would flat out lose had God not provided "the whole armor of God".

S

savedtoast

Since wrestlers do not wear armor, but soldiers do -- when they go to war -- perhaps you need to sit down and study Ephesians 6 and other related Scriptures. And you would flat out lose had God not provided "the whole armor of God".
It's not real war armor brother, it's being mentally and emotionally protected from in coming attacks.

It's got nothing to do with going around thumping people with Gods word, if they are in error. It's using these implements to defend against Satan's trickery.

Read battle field of the mind, she's got that right.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Get baptized under the authority of a local NT church, not by someone you like in a lake or stream somewhere. The flippant attitude by some about baptism is unbelievable, but then again, no, it isn't unbelievable.

I actually liked what was offered... The Authority of GOD can be received by the Faithful. Haughty minds of men always esteem worldly authority... us poor and meek are Worthy, GOD be thanked.

Ask for the Holy Spirit Baptism.... Repent and seek and receive.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Acts 2

37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men andbrethren, what shall we do? 38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, evenas many as the Lord our God shall call. 40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.