I
Inu
Guest
We all have been down that road where we were once madly in love, head over heels and at the point of doing anything for that one person.. Been there and done that! What happens when it's all over, when the dust settles and it's time to move on...
Breakups are different for everyone with a little similarities here and there... Sometimes two people are mature enough to end it and move on, whilst others just end badly leaving a bitter taste in one's mouth... How does one simply move on from that? Is it a matter of time? A matter of acceptance? A mature of maturity?.... I think it's many things put together that enable us to move on... A wound will never be truly healed unless you find something to replace it with.... Why not replace it with God.... It's worked for me and still is....
Ofcourse it takes time, maturity, and acceptance, to move on after a breakup but what about those wounds that we ignore because it's to painful to think about, deal with or bring up.... We tend to get so carried away when we are in love, that everything else takes the back seat, including our walk with God... It shouldn't be that way... I believe that a man or woman whom is meant to be in your life, as a spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend, should influence you spiritually.... It should be a relationship that is God centred...
I got out just in time.... before I fell too deep, before I fell prey to someone else's idea of what a relationship is... Looking back now, I realise that at that point, at that time, that phase in my life, that relationship was exactly where I was meant to be but never meant to stay. I got out just in time to learn enough about the person I am and the person that God actually intends for me to be with....
I owe God my everything because even when I don't realise it, He keeps catching me when I fall, when I stumble, when I jump into things that He has not intended for me....
Breakups are different for everyone with a little similarities here and there... Sometimes two people are mature enough to end it and move on, whilst others just end badly leaving a bitter taste in one's mouth... How does one simply move on from that? Is it a matter of time? A matter of acceptance? A mature of maturity?.... I think it's many things put together that enable us to move on... A wound will never be truly healed unless you find something to replace it with.... Why not replace it with God.... It's worked for me and still is....
Ofcourse it takes time, maturity, and acceptance, to move on after a breakup but what about those wounds that we ignore because it's to painful to think about, deal with or bring up.... We tend to get so carried away when we are in love, that everything else takes the back seat, including our walk with God... It shouldn't be that way... I believe that a man or woman whom is meant to be in your life, as a spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend, should influence you spiritually.... It should be a relationship that is God centred...
I got out just in time.... before I fell too deep, before I fell prey to someone else's idea of what a relationship is... Looking back now, I realise that at that point, at that time, that phase in my life, that relationship was exactly where I was meant to be but never meant to stay. I got out just in time to learn enough about the person I am and the person that God actually intends for me to be with....
I owe God my everything because even when I don't realise it, He keeps catching me when I fall, when I stumble, when I jump into things that He has not intended for me....