I had a really scary dream. I don't know if it was meant to warn me or tell me something

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 6, 2018
Ok this is what happened in the dream my older brother was smoking,he never smokes but in my dream he was smoking, so all my siblings were gathered in the room and then the bed sheet caught fire we didn't know how it started so I assumed that maybe it was because my brother was smoking. And later on I went to the living room in order to get something for the fire because no matter how we tried to take it out it expanded nonstop so when I went to the living room I saw even more fire I didn't know how the fire started so I called my mom and I told all my siblings in the room to get out so we went outside as I was running outside it felt weird my speed was slow no matter how fast I tried to run and I saw that for my siblings to. I also saw people in the road in slow motion I didn't know what was happening even when I spoke it was in slow motion so I didn't know what was happening so I asked my mom and she said it might be the end of the world even though I didn't wanted to believe it I was scared because of what happened was odd I wasn't ready to be judged I didn't know what to do do I asked God for forgiveness multiple of times and I spoke in slow motion and moved in slow motion the same as everyone outside it was really scary so I wasn't able to see what happened next because I woke up by the sound of my father calling me which was odd because he barely calls that late I am not trying to say that maybe in my dream that was truly the end of the world all I'm saying is I was actually scared and I wasn't ready because I knew I was partially good and disobedient is like I go on two paths was this dream a warning. I know that you guys might not believe me but I swear this dream truly happened I just don't know what it means I'm not that close with either if my parents so I can't tell them the dream pls help 'ive not had a dream this scary since I was like 5

U

Ugly

When writing keep two things in mind.
Periods. Paragraphs.

My take on dreams is if you wonder about a dream pray about it rather than ask others. Especially random strangers on the internet.
Dreams are too easy to misinterpret and be misguided by. Don't let strangers or others mislead you.

Jul 10, 2018
I really don't think it means anything honestly.

U

Ugly

seriously???? you're kidding right?
It's entirely possible.
People love turning dreams into messages from God, without seeking God on the matter. Dreams are often representative of our own thoughts and lives. The mere fact that a dream contains something seemingly spiritual does not, by default, make it from God. If spiritual matters and/or concerns are part of your life and thoughts it only makes sense that those could also penetrate a persons dreams.
This is why i encourage people to stop asking others, because so many are eager to blindly push them to a psuedo-spiritual answer.
Also it's easier for God to bring that dream back, if it is from Him, and show it to you later than it is for a person to recognize they credit God for something that wasn't from Him. They will rather more likely blame God than admit they drew a wrong conclusion to start with.
So, yes, I'd sooner support a 'it means nothing' stance than open them up to the risk of deception.

Jul 10, 2018
Then again we don't know this person or what their life situation is, theirs not enough information but it's probably nothing.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Hi there. It’s really difficult to interpret such a dream. However, please now that I shall keep you in my prayers. May God bless you in a loving way and guide you.

May 30, 2019
Ok this is what happened in the dream my older brother was smoking,he never smokes but in my dream he was smoking, so all my siblings were gathered in the room and then the bed sheet caught fire we didn't know how it started so I assumed that maybe it was because my brother was smoking. And later on I went to the living room in order to get something for the fire because no matter how we tried to take it out it expanded nonstop so when I went to the living room I saw even more fire I didn't know how the fire started so I called my mom and I told all my siblings in the room to get out so we went outside as I was running outside it felt weird my speed was slow no matter how fast I tried to run and I saw that for my siblings to. I also saw people in the road in slow motion I didn't know what was happening even when I spoke it was in slow motion so I didn't know what was happening so I asked my mom and she said it might be the end of the world even though I didn't wanted to believe it I was scared because of what happened was odd I wasn't ready to be judged I didn't know what to do do I asked God for forgiveness multiple of times and I spoke in slow motion and moved in slow motion the same as everyone outside it was really scary so I wasn't able to see what happened next because I woke up by the sound of my father calling me which was odd because he barely calls that late I am not trying to say that maybe in my dream that was truly the end of the world all I'm saying is I was actually scared and I wasn't ready because I knew I was partially good and disobedient is like I go on two paths was this dream a warning. I know that you guys might not believe me but I swear this dream truly happened I just don't know what it means I'm not that close with either if my parents so I can't tell them the dream pls help 'ive not had a dream this scary since I was like 5
You can’t have forgiveness of sins, without believeing in the finish work that Christ did for you.

We are in the Church age, under Paul’s ministry, and Romans 3:25 says,
“25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”

Ephesians 2:8-9 says,

“8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

I wanted to start off by saying that because many people get confused about that, and don’t understand certain important things. If you want forgiveness of all sins, past, present and future, all you have to do is believe in what Jesus did for you.

I Corinthians 15:1-4 says,

“MOREOVER, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”.

About your dream, sometimes we dream some weird things, and perhaps it’s time to get saved, amen?

God’s grace be with you!

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Welcome and Blessings! I saw where you stated you weren't ready,that you go on two roads,sometimes good and sometimes disobedient! I do not understand dreams myself for it is a subconscious state. In Joel 2:28 .......it is prophesied that in the last days He will pour out of my Spirit,.....your sons and daughters shall prophesy your old men shall dream dreams,your young men shall see visions! I will say that we make our election sure and not be unstable in the faith and our walk! Pray asking God and the Holy Spirit to lead you fully into His righteousness. He never fails and never forsakes or leaves us. I too will be praying for your guidance! 🙏🙏🙏

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Emilia- Listen, it’s been over a year but, know this....your dream was a call from God to your soul. The call bypassed your brain and spoke a message to your soul to get ready because there is a timeframe- we need to be ready either when we die or Yeshua/Jesus returns.

You are loved. God has reached out to you. You need to respond, like Mary did......”according to Your Will and all that You have spoken...so be it unto me, your handmaiden, in the Name of Yeshua/Jesus, amen.”

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

Change the Batteries in the Fire Alarms.
Put file extinguishers in every other room.
Install a hose in the Laundry Room.
Have a group meeting to discuss escape routes.
Second Floor install rope ladder and store extra one's in each room.

In short, be prepared.