I have a bad feeling about this!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BlueAngel

My cousin and best, best friend is going to be joining the National Guard. I've heard terrible things about it, and I have a terrible feeling about it.
Sure, I'll miss him, but that's not half of this feeling in the pit of my stomach... I've had this feeling before, and I can only tell people that it's a spiritual disturbance, and it's much deeper than a normal discomfort.
But he's leaving to sign up tomorrow, and I want to beg him not to.... :,( I love him, and I don't want this feeling here anymore, but I don't know how to let him go, and not have this feeling, or to beg him not to, and make him unhappy.

K

Kimmee

I think you have to let him go and pray!!! If you love him you can't stand in his way of his future. Specially without any physical proof as to why he shouldn't.

V

violakat

My cousin and best, best friend is going to be joining the National Guard. I've heard terrible things about it, and I have a terrible feeling about it.
Sure, I'll miss him, but that's not half of this feeling in the pit of my stomach... I've had this feeling before, and I can only tell people that it's a spiritual disturbance, and it's much deeper than a normal discomfort.
But he's leaving to sign up tomorrow, and I want to beg him not to.... :,( I love him, and I don't want this feeling here anymore, but I don't know how to let him go, and not have this feeling, or to beg him not to, and make him unhappy.
Pray to God about this. It's really the only way you can handle it. When you pray, ask God to give you wisdom and the words to say to your cousin. And, when he is away, pray to God for His protection on your cousin. Pray that He will use your cousin to be a light to others and that your cousin will always stay close to God.

Below are some scriptures from God's Word that I hope will help you.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

"Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me." John 14:1

"And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3

"He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail." 1 Samuel 2:9

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011

Whatever the bad feeling is remember God is with them. In my opinion I believe it is very honorable to serve your country. This does not mean they will go off to war either. When natural disasters happen they will be there to help others. They will be disciplined and learn respect. They will honor their country, and fo the best they can. The Guard offers great opportunities for men and women.

In short I have a major respect for anyone in the military. I'll pray for them.

Aug 2, 2009
Hi BlueAngel. It could be that you are feeling this way because you know that he is going to have to endure a lot of hardship serving in the deserts of Afghanistan, but the Guard is really not a bad way to start life. He will be earning a nice big bonus for signing up and it will prepare him mentally and physically for a good carreer when he gets out.

There is the danger of course that he could be killed over there but there are something like over 100,000 troops there right now and only a few end up getting killed. Over the 10-year span of the war its a big number or casualties, but when u break that number down to months or days you see that the chances of being killed are actually pretty small. Just keep him in your prayers and tell him to pray too and God will protect him.

B

BlueAngel

I'm only worried because of this feeling... it's not me being scared for his safety, I'm scared of this feeling... Because the last time I had this feeling, and someone wouldn't listen to me, they ended up getting hurt. I don't want him hurt.
When the spirit sends you a warning, it's best to listen to it. That's what I'm worried about.
Heck, if I didn't have this feeling, as soon as I turned 18, I'd be over there to join him.

Aug 2, 2009
Ok Blue, then I guess the only thing you can do is pray for him and pray that God saves him from whatever harm there might be waiting in his future. I mean maybe the Holy Spirit is telling you to pray for this person because your prayers have the power to change a bad outcome.

God bless.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
BlueAngel, I understand what you are speaking to, for I have known this in Jesus also.
There are times one is called to speak, other times one is being called to pray and trust Jesus.
I reciently had a loved one who was going to sign up again as well.
I had the same respnce as you speak to, but I also understood that I could not make this descision for them.
I trusted in prayer all to Jesus.
This person decided not to sign again.
I cannot say what your cousin will decide, but I do know that when one recieves this knowladge, one is called to pray in Jesus, trusting all to Him, no matter the outcome.
Simply because what one is asked to do, is pray.
I have seen both good and sorrowful outcomes, but I have always found peace about all in Jesus.
For it is less about the choice, and more about the steps of each person we pray for, that they know and love our Lord, and remaine in Him.
My prayers are with your cousin, and you.
Just pray and trust in Jesus, and the words will come if called, and prayer will provide, glorifying God as all should be, for He always keeps us close at His right hand.

God bless
pickles

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for your comfort and safety for your friend :)

I don't know if this helps any, but when I was a teenager, I also had really bad feelings about things and nothing happened. I wasn't a Christian then and I didn't pray. I just know that the teen age years and cause really weird and intense feelings and thoughts.

So don't let them control you :)

B

BlueAngel

I can't change his mind, he won't listen to me. He's totally convinced that this will make him happy. So, I'll just let him go, I guess. Pray for the best.... Please, those of you who will, pray with me, to keep him safe and strong, in the faith and in body. And I'll pray that he doesn't come back changed so much that we don't know him.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I can't change his mind, he won't listen to me. He's totally convinced that this will make him happy. So, I'll just let him go, I guess. Pray for the best.... Please, those of you who will, pray with me, to keep him safe and strong, in the faith and in body. And I'll pray that he doesn't come back changed so much that we don't know him.

Of course, we'll pray for him. Do you want to give us his first name?

B

BlueAngel

Brady Allred. that's his name...
I'll let you guys know if he actually decides to go.... He says he's still thinking about it.

J

jimsun

Whatever Brady decides to do, Blue Angel, it is a choice of path you must let him take. We never stop learning as we make our way through life & this is one of his learning curves.
Naturally I feel we will all pray for his well being & welfare.
However you must stop focussing on your presumption that he will come to hurt. The only thing this creates is turmoil within your heart & soul.
Pray to your God to watch over Brady & point him towards the right path. Whatever he chooses his God will watch over him & keep him safe but you should adopt a means to seek your inner peace & soul.
You fear that harm will come to him. Forgive me but this is an ignorance borne of fright & imaginings. You worry of "What if ....". This is a very big "If" & the only person suffering is yourself. Try to adopt a quiet 15 minutes each day to be alone & dispel all thoughts from your mind, empty of everything good & bad. Relax & try to put things in perspective. Within the mind there are different compartments. One of these is for things which haven't happened. Another is for the silly & harmful presumptives. Your fears belong in the second one. You will make yourself ill worrying about something that hasn't happened but will not happen. This is turning negative thoughts & fears into positives.
Each morning when you wake & in those 15 minutes ask your God to watch over Brady & guide him along the right road which will have him make the right decision for himself. As we pray & think of you both, everything will unfold as it should & for the good of all of you. You'll see. Truly.
J+

F

FireBug

Brady's leaving?? Ouch, girl, that's gotta be hard... But for everyone else's benefit, I'll just say, that Lin is really close to her spiritual side, and does get those feelings. They're not her own feelings... I guess you could say that she has a gift of discernment. (among her many other talents and gifts). She can feel when something is wrong or right... And the last time someone didn't listen to her (it was me)... they got hurt... badly.

B

BlueAngel

You know, you didn't have to admit that, Shawn...
But thanks for the support on my behalf.
Brady is thinking about going... And I think he can grow just fine, right here at home, where he belongs.
But it's his choice, it's his life, I don't want to stand in the way of what he thinks will make him happy. I'll love him no mater what his choice is. :(

F

FireBug

I know I didn't have to, but I thought it would help them understand that you know what you're talking about...
You're right to love him no matter what. He's a great guy.
You've told him about the rapes going on in the NG haven't you?

B

BlueAngel

Yes... And I don't know if he's listening to God, or what he wants... If he wants it, God will give it to him, God wants us to have what we want, which is why we need to be careful what we wish for... Just might get it all... You know that all too well...

K

Kyouken01

The only thing I can offer you is encouragement, BlueAngel.
I will also be in prayer about this.

If he still hasn't decided yet there is hope!
And even if he does sign up, hope is not lost!

Romans 8:28
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

Even if he happens to make the wrong decision, God can still bless him in his decision. :)

B

BlueAngel

Thanks... I'm trying to trust God... That's all I can do now...