I have a burndon... need advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 27, 2007
The whole mother-in -law thing can be dealt with after things are patched up with his wife. God told man to leave Mother and Father and cleave to wife, In this case Mother in law is making that nigh impossible. She has proven that she does not want to see the relationship repaired. If she were not a problem I would not say to exclude her.We are told to withdraw from a brother who walks disorderly....this would apply. This dear couple needs help and the Mother in law is not a help.
How do you propose for him to get rid of the motherinlaw without getting rid of the wife? you dont think she would reject that? I stand by what I said when I said to honour her mother regardless of how little she deserves it. If it were HIS mother this post would be correct but we are dealing with his wife's mother and we arent speaking to his wife. Yes...the wife should be instructed to cleave unto her husband but obviously she is not doing that. All the husband can do in this situation is not add fuel to the wifes fire by fighting with mom. By focusing on the positive in his motherinlaw he can perhaps change her view of him or perhaps not, but even if mom doesnt change her perspective EVERYONE (including his wife) will see that this is a man who honours someone even though they dont deserve it and doesnt subscribe to bitterness in the face of adversity. He can do all things through Christ who Strengthens him.

G

GEORGIE

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. ~1 Corinthians 13:4-7

C

ChristopherMichael

Join the Marines. Become the man you are supposed to be. If you have a baby then become the daddy. You're 20 . Now you have to act like you're 30. Once you are strong with a job and responsibility and simultaneously become strong in the Lord and in the power of His might you will know what to do.You're just to weak right now to handle all this stuff. Grow up first. Babies having babies just leads to this kind of situation. But you can recover. Do the hard stuff first.
Don't listen to HisSon. I think it's just a spammer or a crazy person.

God be with you man!
- Topher