I HAVE DECIDED TO POST NO NEW THREADS,UNLESS I RECIEVE CHAISTISEMENT FROM GOD! I AM GOING TO GET TO .....KNOW....YOU ALL THROUGH .....YOUR....POST!🙏

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
2 Timothy 2:24
And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
2 Timothy 2:2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.

@Noose

Here the scripture has Paul, taught and appointed by Christ, teaching and appointing Timothy to teach and appoint others who will teach and appoint still others to teach and appoint to teach.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
I am afraid not, too much in those prophecies have not happened. They point to a millennial reign fulfillment. What we have is a start or partial new covenant yet to be fully implemented.

Peter was speaking on that day of Pentecost: Acts 2:16 "But this is that which hath been spoken through the prophet Joel:"

Then he goes on in verses 19 & 20 to speak of the darkened sun and moon and the day of the Lord; which hasn't happened yet. Put it all together, it fits. View attachment 201413
The sun being darkened and the moon being bloodied is now, not in a physical way of course - Jesus said you are the 'light of the world'. We are being darkened and bloodied if we follow false teachings. The physical sun and moon are never going to be darkened.

Daniel said "...it shall be for a time, times and the dividing of a time until the power of God's people is overcome by the Antichrist"
Daniel also said, "...the horn was given authority and it flung the truth to the ground"
Paul said, "..the war is not about flesh and blood but principalities"

This is the time the truth is being flung to the ground and it is increasingly becoming dark.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Okay, I'm still not entirely clear on your intention (my apologies). Would it be correct to say, that, according to your understanding, Paul was

"appointed":
--a preacher
--an apostle
--and teacher

(all three? each of these three?)

It sounds to me, by the way you've phrased it, that you do not believe he was "appointed" [a] teacher (and especially not with regard to "the gospel"... ? but something else [re: the "teacher" part]?). Am I reading you right?

Same for those in this verse? "teaching them to observe all things, whatever I commanded you. And behold, I am with you all the days, until the completion of the age." right?
They were appointed- meaning that Christ (the appointing authority) taught and preached through them because there's only one teacher and one instructor. My point is, after them, there was no other appointments and if there were teachers after them, it is with other respect and not the gospel.
Their closest companions were to shepherd people and bring them to the gospel but never to preach the gospel- the reason we don't have their teachings in the bible.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
2 Timothy 2:2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others.

@Noose

Here the scripture has Paul, taught and appointed by Christ, teaching and appointing Timothy to teach and appoint others who will teach and appoint still others to teach and appoint to teach.
Nope.
There's only one teacher and one instructor who is Christ. He did not appoint so that the appointees can also appoint.

1. Whatever Timothy or the other companions taught is not part of the scripture, why?
2. They could have taught regarding other disciplines but not the gospel mainly because teachers of the gospel were appointed to die.

2 Cor 4:
12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

13It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” b Since we have that same spirit of c faith, we also believe and therefore speak, 14because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. 15All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

2 Pet 1:12So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. 13I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body,14because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 15And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things.

Q. How is Peter and Paul's death beneficial to their listeners.
Maybe if we crack this, we may know why Timothy's or today's apostles and evangelist's death is or is not beneficial to their listeners.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
2 Timothy 2:24
And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
Why is Timothy's teaching not in the bible?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Why is Timothy's teaching not in the bible?
why do we have a Bible at all?
because Timothy obediently taught the gospel he received from Paul, who received it from Christ, and those he taught, taught others, and so on, for generation after generation. Paul clearly taught him to do this, as i've pointed out to you.

You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
(Deuteronomy 6:7)
i appreciate that there is no 'new gospel' apart from the foundation Christ laid, but a thing doesn't have to be new to be taught. you yourself are even now trying to teach me something - so what do you imagine yourself to be doing? making certain to tell me that whatever it is you are teaching, it is not from God, and it is definitely not the gospel?

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
why do we have a Bible at all?
because Timothy obediently taught the gospel he received from Paul, who received it from Christ, and those he taught, taught others, and so on, for generation after generation. Paul clearly taught him to do this, as i've pointed out to you.

You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
(Deuteronomy 6:7)
i appreciate that there is no 'new gospel' apart from the foundation Christ laid, but a thing doesn't have to be new to be taught. you yourself are even now trying to teach me something - so what do you imagine yourself to be doing? making certain to tell me that whatever it is you are teaching, it is not from God, and it is definitely not the gospel?
Q. Is there any reason Timothy's teachings are not part of the scripture?

Deuteronomy 6 is a directive (law/command) to be obeyed by the people and when their children were old enough, they would receive the same command from God as it was written down (scripture) plus part of the blessing is that the children are blessed when they obey their parents. Means that God had appointed the parents to pass down His word so being a parent is being an authority appointed by God.

But in this last days, the only appointed authority is Christ:

Heb 1: 1In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

And after Christ, Christ through his appointees.

There is a specific reason why it has to be God's appointed authority and not just anybody else.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Q. Is there any reason Timothy's teachings are not part of the scripture?

Deuteronomy 6 is a directive (law/command) to be obeyed by the people and when their children were old enough, they would receive the same command from God as it was written down (scripture) plus part of the blessing is that the children are blessed when they obey their parents. Means that God had appointed the parents to pass down His word so being a parent is being an authority appointed by God.

But in this last days, the only appointed authority is Christ:

Heb 1: 1In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

And after Christ, Christ through his appointees.

There is a specific reason why it has to be God's appointed authority and not just anybody else.
God told Paul to teach Timothy to teach men who would teach others.

You are calling him false. You are reading Timothy's teaching when you read the epistle to Timothy; that's the entire reason the epistle was passed down for two thousand years to you.

The reason you have so many heretical teachings yourself is that you consider yourself to have nothing to learn from anyone.

Dec 12, 2013

You are calling him false. You are reading Timothy's teaching when you read the epistle to Timothy; that's the entire reason the epistle was passed down for two thousand years to you.

The reason you have so many heretical teachings yourself is that you consider yourself to have nothing to learn from anyone.
AMEN....and it seems that Timothy taught at Ephesus as well.........

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Where? Paul taught the gentiles/ everyone.

The book of Timothy is Paul's teaching
Where is Timothy's teaching?

:(

Noose

Apr 18, 2016

AMEN....and it seems that Timothy taught at Ephesus as well.........
You are right.

2 Tim 4:1I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom: 2Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction.

He was appointed.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Why do you presume Christians should have different teachings?
Different teachings?! Not at all.
Christians should be guided to scriptures (what was taught by Jesus and His appointees) without anyone giving them an interpretation.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Different teachings?! Not at all.
Christians should be guided to scriptures (what was taught by Jesus and His appointees) without anyone giving them an interpretation.
Maybe that's where we're getting hung up here. I am still calling it teaching if it is not "new information" historically but new to those who are taught.
For sure there is no other gospel to be taught.

And I think there is a difference between keeping the command in Colossians 3:16 to teach and admonish one another, and calling yourself "rabbi" - everything God gives us is for the benefit of each other, to be shared and transmitted to one another in love. That doesn't mean to me that any of us are supposed to think of ourselves as gurus, or to treat some man or woman like they are - but we still should think of ourselves soberly, and recognize when we can learn from someone.

Jul 23, 2018
some answers, given by people with their own personal interpretation, offer nothing but rocks thrown into the pond to make the level of the water seem to appear higher

in case someone does not understand that, you are not passing out water, but you are passing out rocks while trying to make it look like you are offering water

bags of rocks ^^^^^^^
Whatever he is smoking....i want some of it

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The book of Timothy is Paul's teaching
Where is Timothy's teaching?
Timothy would not have taught anything different from Paul, and his teachings are not recorded for us.

The fundamental Bible principle is that Jesus handed down His teachings to the apostles personally, who then taught faithful men, who in turn taught others. That was to be the pattern. But since many false doctrines started to appear in the churches, the Holy Spirit selects men and enables them to teach in each generation. The spiritual gift of teaching is still an operational gift (contrary to what you think).