"I HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST!"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JesusistheChrist

There are actually proclaimed Christians today who state with marvelous confidence, "I Have The Mind Of Christ In Me!" Therefore, let us ignore the fact that Jesus Himself never stated anyone could possess His Mind, none of The Twelve Apostles spoke of having the Mind of Christ, and Paul The Self Proclaimed Apostle was the only NT writer to speak of such a notion. And, it was never prophesied that at any time.this side of Eternity anyone would have "The Mind of Christ" in them.

Let us now specify what such a person who has "The Mind of Christ" will be able to do.

1.) He will authoritatively understand all Prophecy in Scripture.

2.) He will understand all of Jesus' recorded Words in Scripture, and certainly so The Sermon on The Mount.

3.) He will never misunderstand any person standing before him or speaking to him.

4.) He will understand and obey all of The Mosaic Law.

5.) He will understand and perform the same deeds as did Jesus according to James 14:12.

6.) He will show perfect love and forgiveness toward all men.

7.) He will take no thought for tomorrow, for what he will wear, eat, or drink.

8.) He will know what Jesus did in the Wilderness for forty days, and how Jesus prayed when by Himself.

9.) He will speak with the same axiomatic authority and certitude as did Jesus.

10.) He will speak as no other man, as did Jesus.

COME FORWARD ALL YE WHO "HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST!" VERIFY HOW YOU MIMIC JESUS! SHOW YOUR MIND AND YOUR DEEDS FOR ALL TO SEE AS DID JESUS! BE NOT SHY NOR FULL OF PITIFUL EXCUSES!
You've only manifested your own ignorance in posting this. I mean, you start by stating that only Paul spoke of having the mind of Christ and then you give a list of things which having the mind of Christ allegedly entails which is totally out of sync with what Paul actually described in I Corinthians chapter 2 and Philippians chapter 2 as two other posters have already rightly pointed out to you.

IOW, you're an idiot.

Next...

P.S.

Now, before anybody gets all up in arms because I called this idiot an idiot, please consider and understand that our English word "idiot" is derived from the Greek word "idiotes"...

Online Etymology Dictionary

idiot (n.)

early 14c., "person so mentally deficient as to be incapable of ordinary reasoning;" also in Middle English "simple man, uneducated person, layman" (late 14c.), from Old French idiote "uneducated or ignorant person" (12c.), from Latin idiota "ordinary person, layman; outsider," in Late Latin "uneducated or ignorant person," from Greek idiotes "layman, person lacking professional skill" (opposed to writer, soldier, skilled workman), literally "private person (as opposed to one taking part in public affairs)," used patronizingly for "ignorant person," from idios "one's own" (see idiom).
...and that this same underlying Greek word appears 5 times in the New Testament in the following verses:

Greek Lexicon :: G2399 (KJV)

"Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus." (Acts 4:13)

"Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?" (I Corinthians 14:16)

"If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad? But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:" (I Corinthians 14:23-24)

"But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge; but we have been throughly made manifest among you in all things." (II Corinthians 11:6)

In each underlined instance, the underlying Greek word is "idiotes".

"Ignorant"?

"Unlearned"?

"Rude"?

Yea, I'd say that the OP is AN IDIOT.

Last edited:

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Well...

Tangled hmmmmmm.png

I think you might be able to get away with that

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
if you have time I would really like your take on this. Thanks in advance.
i'd love to!
thanks for asking me; it makes me feel like i'm actually doing and saying the right things for God's sake, and i worry all the time about whether i am. let's hope i can make some sense -- if i do, it's from God, not me, i can promise that haha

14 About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching.
15 The Jews therefore marveled, saying, “How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?”

this is like people whose heads are full of knowledge, conspiracy theories and crazy ideas that they know every secret and no one else can even touch them - you've seen them come to the forum and act like we all ought to be grovelling at their feet asking to be blessed with their wisdom, looking down on everybody from post #1.
God's kingdom isn't like this.

16 So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. 17 If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. 18 The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood. 19 Has not Moses given you the law? Yet none of you keeps the law. Why do you seek to kill me?”

but we do have access to the mind of Christ if we are sealed with His spirit - every one of us, the Spirit teaches, and the kingdom of God is not like what they presuppose - He made us a body, where every part helps all the others, and even people who do not know all kinds of bible and history and all that, God can give deep understanding to, and can use a believer who can't even name the books of the bible to teach a person with 6 phd's and 1,000 youtube videos.
Jesus tells them, His teaching comes from God - it doesn't matter that he hasn't studied torah for 50 years like they have -- it's not 'bad' to study, it's good! but it's bad to be arrogant because of it. our teaching comes from God too - the Holy Spirit teaches us. none of us should be boastful about what God has blessed us with, but able to listen to what He has to say to us through each other.
He calls them hypocrites -- a lot of knowledge doesn't mean understanding or wisdom, and doesn't make you perfect. only God makes us perfect, and that's by giving us Christ's own perfection through grace, by faith.

20 The crowd answered, “You have a demon! Who is seeking to kill you?” 21 Jesus answered them, “I did one work, and you all marvel at it. 22 Moses gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath. 23 If on the Sabbath a man receives circumcision, so that the law of Moses may not be broken, are you angry with me because on the Sabbath I made a man's whole body well? 24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

these people accused Him, and for no good reason at all, in fact for a reason that they should have been glorifying God for - and He rebuked them for their attitude. they were condemning Him for reasons that don't make sense at all, when they should have been seeing how good God was, and recognizing that He was doing God's will.

instead of looking for what God was doing, they looked for ways to denounce Christ, because it was evident that what He was saying and doing was greater than them - to lift themselves up, they wanted to bring down everyone else around them.

sound familiar?

:D

Jesus was rebuking the Jews in the synagogue for their critical tone, way harsher than what you said - you were really gentle when you had every right to be really offended. i tink i seen how you've been trying to be more gentle and kinder with people, while still holding on to the truth - and i love that, man. i hope i can do the same; i want to throw spears at ppl sometimes lol i'm trying NOT to post when i'm angry, but pray instead first. i don't always do it.. yet. :)

Last edited:
S

Sirk

i'd love to!
thanks for asking me; it makes me feel like i'm actually doing and saying the right things for God's sake, and i worry all the time about whether i am. let's hope i can make some sense -- if i do, it's from God, not me, i can promise that haha

14 About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching.
15 The Jews therefore marveled, saying, “How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?”

this is like people whose heads are full of knowledge, conspiracy theories and crazy ideas that they know every secret and no one else can even touch them - you've seen them come to the forum and act like we all ought to be grovelling at their feet asking to be blessed with their wisdom, looking down on everybody from post #1.
God's kingdom isn't like this.

16 So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. 17 If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. 18 The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood. 19 Has not Moses given you the law? Yet none of you keeps the law. Why do you seek to kill me?”

but we do have access to the mind of Christ if we are sealed with His spirit - every one of us, the Spirit teaches, and the kingdom of God is not like what they presuppose - He made us a body, where every part helps all the others, and even people who do not know all kinds of bible and history and all that, God can give deep understanding to, and can use a believer who can't even name the books of the bible to teach a person with 6 phd's and 1,000 youtube videos.
Jesus tells them, His teaching comes from God - it doesn't matter that he hasn't studied torah for 50 years like they have -- it's not 'bad' to study, it's good! but it's bad to be arrogant because of it. our teaching comes from God too - the Holy Spirit teaches us. none of us should be boastful about what God has blessed us with, but able to listen to what He has to say to us through each other.
He calls them hypocrites -- a lot of knowledge doesn't mean understanding or wisdom, and doesn't make you perfect. only God makes us perfect, and that's by giving us Christ's own perfection through grace, by faith.

20 The crowd answered, “You have a demon! Who is seeking to kill you?” 21 Jesus answered them, “I did one work, and you all marvel at it. 22 Moses gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath. 23 If on the Sabbath a man receives circumcision, so that the law of Moses may not be broken, are you angry with me because on the Sabbath I made a man's whole body well? 24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

these people accused Him, and for no good reason at all, in fact for a reason that they should have been glorifying God for - and He rebuked them for their attitude. they were condemning Him for reasons that don't make sense at all, when they should have been seeing how good God was, and recognizing that He was doing God's will.

instead of looking for what God was doing, they looked for ways to denounce Christ, because it was evident that what He was saying and doing was greater than them - to lift themselves up, they wanted to bring down everyone else around them.

sound familiar?

:D

Jesus was rebuking the Jews in the synagogue for their critical tone, way harsher than what you said - you were really gentle when you had every right to be really offended. i tink i seen how you've been trying to be more gentle and kinder with people, while still holding on to the truth - and i love that, man. i hope i can do the same; i want to throw spears at ppl sometimes lol i'm trying NOT to post when i'm angry, but pray instead first. i don't always do it.. yet. :)
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to post that! What an encouraging end to my day.....Jesus be Praised!

C

CRC

What Jesus Was Like as a Person
The personality of Jesus that emerges from the Gospels is that of a man of tender warmth and deep feelings. He displayed a broad range of emotional responses: pity for a leper (Mark 1:40, 41); grief over an unresponsive people (Luke 19:41, 42); righteous indignation at greedy money changers (John 2:13-17). A man of empathy, Jesus could be moved to tears, and he did not hide his emotions. When his dear friend Lazarus had died, the sight of Mary, Lazarus’ sister, weeping touched Jesus so deeply that he gave way to tears himself, crying in full view of others.—John 11:32-36.
Jesus’ tender feelings were especially evident in the way he viewed and treated others. He reached out to the poor and oppressed, helping them to ‘find refreshment for their souls.’ (Matthew 11:4, 5, 28-30) He was not too busy to respond to the needs of the afflicted, whether a hemorrhaging woman who quietly touched his garment or a blind beggar who would not be silenced. (Matthew 9:20-22; Mark 10:46-52) Jesus looked for the good in others and commended them; yet, he was also willing to offer reproof when needed. (Matthew 16:23; John 1:47; 8:44) At a time when women enjoyed few rights, Jesus treated them with a balanced measure of dignity and respect. (John 4:9, 27) Understandably, a group of women willingly ministered to him from their own belongings.—Luke 8:3. Having the “mind of Christ” will not make you perfect but it make you more insightful !!