I just started a CNA course

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Please pray for me as I have begun a CNA course. Please pray for me to become more and more comfortable driving to and from the school. Pray that I would apply myself and study hard and do well. Thank you :)

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless CherieR and this prayer, in Jesus Holy name, Amen!

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Philippians 4:19

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
It’s good of you to share with us about your course, Cherie. I’m praying, asking God to surround you with His love, comfort and care. May He give you wisdom and provide help in every aspect as you trust in Him.

S

Sherril

Hey Cherie, im excited for you to be a CNA my son and my daughter inlaw are RN's....there schooling, driving and many hours at the hospital they persevered at times feeling overwhelmed yet with such great reward....Father all that Cherie ask from you i agree that she is held in the palm of your hand given your strength knowing you are with her and that all things are possible with you on her side....in you Jesus we pray.....love in Christ Sherril....

Nov 12, 2015
Please pray for me as I have begun a CNA course. Please pray for me to become more and more comfortable driving to and from the school. Pray that I would apply myself and study hard and do well. Thank you :)
You have picked something to do that there is great need in.

I went to nursing school, the first 3 semesters. After the first semester, you can become a CnA. I almost did after I found nursing wasn't for me. Our first semesters clinicals were in a nursing home and we were worked with the CNA's. There are a lot of problems and burned out people. They do what they must - bathing, changing beds, etc., But don't have a lot left over for the patients in terms of getting to know them and examining what they can try to do to alleviate their miseries and loneliness.

It was like...a job to most of them, but there was no passion. Part of it is their patient load. Sometimes 8 patients. That's 8 meals, 8 showers, 8 bed changes, 8 people to dress, 8 people to either wheel to dinner or help to feed in bed, 8 people to keep track of and report any issues on, like bedsores or change in behavior. Of course, the person you are reporting to is an RN, who sometimes has an 80 patient workload and honestly, her job is administration of meds, so you often won t find a lot of help there unless it's a screaming emergency, so you have to get creative sometimes.I

But of all the clinicals, the nursing home was the one that was both most heartbreaking and most rewarding. Instead of new patients everyday, you get to know them. You get to do things like ask a young woman who was in a lifedestroying car wreck what she most would like to eat that she hasn't had in the 6 years she has been there and then you get to bring her a piece of pizza from Luigi's, her favorite, and help her eat it while she closes her eyes and keeps saying, mmmm and thanking you.

And you get to figure out what small things (such small things!) remove peace and give peace for each patient if you take the time others say there is no time for to observe and care amid your weariness. When everyone sees you give a patient a shower by yourself who has always fought and screamed and needed 3 people for a shower, and you tell them, oh, she calms right down if you ask her about the time she met Frank Sinatra, it's rewarding, because you know that on your off days she won't have any more terrifying showers with 3 people holding her down because you brought her freedom from that.

There are some heartbreaking aspects to the work. I only saw one family member ever visit a patient in the entire semester. They are dropped off and forgotten a lot of the time. But when they do visit, you avidly listen and ask questions to learn what more you can about them and what they used to like, to hopefully give them more comfort.

You have chosen a job that desperately needs more christia n workers.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
You have picked something to do that there is great need in.

I went to nursing school, the first 3 semesters. After the first semester, you can become a CnA. I almost did after I found nursing wasn't for me. Our first semesters clinicals were in a nursing home and we were worked with the CNA's. There are a lot of problems and burned out people. They do what they must - bathing, changing beds, etc., But don't have a lot left over for the patients in terms of getting to know them and examining what they can try to do to alleviate their miseries and loneliness.

It was like...a job to most of them, but there was no passion. Part of it is their patient load. Sometimes 8 patients. That's 8 meals, 8 showers, 8 bed changes, 8 people to dress, 8 people to either wheel to dinner or help to feed in bed, 8 people to keep track of and report any issues on, like bedsores or change in behavior. Of course, the person you are reporting to is an RN, who sometimes has an 80 patient workload and honestly, her job is administration of meds, so you often won t find a lot of help there unless it's a screaming emergency, so you have to get creative sometimes.I

But of all the clinicals, the nursing home was the one that was both most heartbreaking and most rewarding. Instead of new patients everyday, you get to know them. You get to do things like ask a young woman who was in a lifedestroying car wreck what she most would like to eat that she hasn't had in the 6 years she has been there and then you get to bring her a piece of pizza from Luigi's, her favorite, and help her eat it while she closes her eyes and keeps saying, mmmm and thanking you.

And you get to figure out what small things (such small things!) remove peace and give peace for each patient if you take the time others say there is no time for to observe and care amid your weariness. When everyone sees you give a patient a shower by yourself who has always fought and screamed and needed 3 people for a shower, and you tell them, oh, she calms right down if you ask her about the time she met Frank Sinatra, it's rewarding, because you know that on your off days she won't have any more terrifying showers with 3 people holding her down because you brought her freedom from that.

There are some heartbreaking aspects to the work. I only saw one family member ever visit a patient in the entire semester. They are dropped off and forgotten a lot of the time. But when they do visit, you avidly listen and ask questions to learn what more you can about them and what they used to like, to hopefully give them more comfort.

You have chosen a job that desperately needs more christia n workers.
I am still trying to see what I may like to do... We are supposed to have some onsite training at a nursing facility at some point so I should get a better feel of what it is like. I have been at a nursing home before for bingo night. I saw some other people such as a friend's father in law. I have not been there too much though.

While my grandpa was still living at our house, I used to put the eyedrops in his eyes. Sometimes my mom would do it, but she had a harder time with it. I did it most of the time.