I led him to Christ, what should he do next?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Accepting Christ is just the first of a wonderful journey.

It tells us in Ephesians 2:10 that God has created a new work in him to do good works. “ For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

P

pottersclay

Is he baptised?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Is he reading the Bible and/or has he found a Bible believing, Bible teaching home church?

Dec 9, 2011

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Blik said
I led him to Christ, what should he do next?

He should show Christs' character to others.

Artios1

Born again to serve
Dec 11, 2020
It’s not really what he should do next ….it’s what you should do next.

You under shepherd him….Work with him, teach him, allow him to walk on your feet until he can stand on his own.

P

Polar

It tells us in Ephesians 2:10 that God has created a new work in him to do good works. “ For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Not sure. Are you asking personally, or are you just wanting to discuss what happens when a person becomes a believer? I'm really not quite understanding what approach you want to take.

In any case, there are many many resources online for new Christians. Just google 'for the new Christian' or similar

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Encourage him to "grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
For that he will need a good Pastor-Teacher. Perhaps you know of one.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Not sure. Are you asking personally, or are you just wanting to discuss what happens when a person becomes a believer? I'm really not quite understanding what approach you want to take.

In any case, there are many many resources online for new Christians. Just google 'for the new Christian' or similar
I am looking for what we as Christians should do after we lead someone to Christ.

In the NT, conversion to Christianity is linked together with baptism and immediately follows. Our churches today ask that first, a convert must take a class to learn about the Lord they are accepting.

P

pottersclay

I am looking for what we as Christians should do after we lead someone to Christ.

In the NT, conversion to Christianity is linked together with baptism and immediately follows. Our churches today ask that first, a convert must take a class to learn about the Lord they are accepting.
First one must recognize that Jesus is Lord.

P

Polar

OK. I thought your question might be a general one and not a specific one. So, from your response, are you asking specifically about baptism?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
One of my favorite verses.
It's a good one, isn't it? So many are! :giggle: That is one of my earliest panels :) I designed it as encouragement to/for a couple of people I know here who were struggling in their faith at the time. One has since become much stronger in her faith; the other still falters...

P

Polar

It's a good one, isn't it? So many are! :giggle: That is one of my earliest panels :) I designed it as encouragement to/for a couple of people I know here who were struggling in their faith at the time. One has since become much stronger in her faith; the other still falters...
So encouraging because when we do falter, we are reminded that God keeps us and will keep us. Glad to hear one person has grown; the other may also. Visuals like what you create are easier to remember than just reading. :)

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Once someone becomes a believer they are to take the first step if obedience and get baptised.

Baptism is the outward profession of the inward faith.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
So encouraging because when we do falter, we are reminded that God keeps us and will keep us. Glad to hear one person has grown; the other may also. Visuals like what you create are easier to remember than just reading. :)
Thank you! I do hope they serve a greater purpose than the pleasure I derive from being inspired to create them :)

P

Polar

Thank you! I do hope they serve a greater purpose than the enjoyment I derive from being inspired to create them :)
I actually went 'That is so true!' so I'm sure they do!

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

point him to the gospel and tell him it’s the lords word the word of his eternal judge

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 24‬ ‭

After that point to him deeper into the word

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

if someone believes this

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭

point then to more of what he said that calls then closer to him In Repentance and obedience

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: he is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭6:46-49‬ ‭

Eventually thier faith will sound like this

“Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:21-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That way he won’t think “ I said I believe so I’m saved no matter what I do “ instead his faith will be created by hearing and believing the gospel the things God said are true of salvstion and he will grow up into the word d not away from the word