" I love you"

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cami40

Member
Jun 2, 2013
31
3
8
Love is expressed and not confessed only. You can’t just tell a person you love him/her , you have to show it as well. Back your words with sincere actions from the heart. It is wicked to tell someone ‘' I love you’’ but your actions are contrary.
Love requires a sincere expression.
For God so love the world that He gave his only son. God’s offering of Jesus was the expression of His love for the world.
Likewise, Man’s obedience to the word of God is an expression of his love for God.(John 14:27)
A person who loves God, expresses his love for God by obeying His will..
I pray, may your love for God be expressed with all your heart.
Jehovah Shammah ( The Lord is there)!!!
 
Between GOP and now this guy the site is going to be overrun with preaching posts by people that never interact, but let their egos push them into preaching at people.
 
Bah humbug! Happy xmas Ugly!

Between GOP and now this guy the site is going to be overrun with preaching posts by people that never interact, but let their egos push them into preaching at people.
 
Deja view: The feeling you have seen this thread before. And before, and before, and before... I believe posting the same OP in multiple forums is called the "shotgun approach."
 
Our love for God is an interesting topic. What does it mean? I think our obedience is an act of gratitude. I think love is more. God created us because he was alone. He already had servants. How often do we rush to do things and still ignore him. We talk about him and study him. Is that what he was hoping for? Maybe it is part of it but it still seems to me that the relationship part needs more. I'm just putting it out there. It has been my question to God. How do I make Him less alone? What would he like our relationship to be? I have direction but no definitive answers.
 
Our love for God is an interesting topic. What does it mean? I think our obedience is an act of gratitude. I think love is more. God created us because he was alone. He already had servants. How often do we rush to do things and still ignore him. We talk about him and study him. Is that what he was hoping for? Maybe it is part of it but it still seems to me that the relationship part needs more. I'm just putting it out there. It has been my question to God. How do I make Him less alone? What would he like our relationship to be? I have direction but no definitive answers.

People going on and on about “love being actions” annoys me. Jesus says to the people He does not know- “Depart from me, ye WORKERS of iniquity. I never knew you.” He does not say “Depart from me, ye people who believe and trust in me, but never did anything in my name.”

I would say just talk to Him and tell Him how much you love Him and how grateful you are to Him. Maybe working for Him is a tiny thing that other people would not even acknowledge as a work. Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart.

Even my works get screwed up. I won’t go into it- but I did something and congratulated myself on keeping it secret (I was taking pride in the anonymity and thinking I was better than others who do things for show). Long story short, it got found out against my intentions, and my anonymity was not anonymous. I was chagrined, as I had prided myself for being secret. Then prayed, and realized God was laughing at me for being proud and made me realize that being anonymous can be just as bad as people publicizing what they do.

God loves you exponentially more than you can ever love Him. In a way, that is very comforting. We don’t have to earn His love. :)
 
Yes , agree with you, love needs time,attention and care. if said " i love you" but you don't have time for them and can't give attention and don't care about them then its tells you're not loving with whole heart , then its better to don't say " i love you" if you can't these thing with them (God/human). because open rebuke is better than hidden love. thank you so much for sharing your thought with us. God bless you.

Monica, India.
 
Love is expressed and not confessed only. You can’t just tell a person you love him/her , you have to show it as well. Back your words with sincere actions from the heart. It is wicked to tell someone ‘' I love you’’ but your actions are contrary.
Love requires a sincere expression.
For God so love the world that He gave his only son. God’s offering of Jesus was the expression of His love for the world.
Likewise, Man’s obedience to the word of God is an expression of his love for God.(John 14:27)
A person who loves God, expresses his love for God by obeying His will..
I pray, may your love for God be expressed with all your heart.
Jehovah Shammah ( The Lord is there)!!!

Well said my dear Precious Brother.
For this is the Love of GOD, that we keep His Commandments (1John 5:3)