I made a new bible translation and ask for feedback

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Well Watchman ...let's not continue to post each other. I do not see how there would be any common ground, you are steeped in ... more about yourself, I. think? Let's just agree to disagree an disngage ... let me know, though, when you really want to talk about the Pauline epistles ... text variants, the grammar, and the word usage ... real discussions, that sort of stuff.

I don't honor myself, but I do honor my gifted instructor. He amassed the largest collection of biblical manuscripts in private hands behind the Vatican. He set the bar on the study of Pauline epistles. The fact you feel threatened somehow by his sound number one rule of translating is telling. His wife took his mantle and the collection, and like him is fluent in all the ancient languages. There's nobody even in the same hemisphere with her teachings.

Missed opportunity RWR.
 
Is the Grace you find within the message from Paul why you don't go to Church according to your profile?

The Church set up by Paul that's similar to the ancient Synagogue was ultimately designed by God Himself. Both have a Shepherd and a flock. Within the flock there are many different roles but they all work together pointing everyone to God.

I do enjoy the entire Bible from both Covenants because one foretells of things to come and the other confirms the other one. All together they paint a complete picture of Yeshua.
You avoided the question?
You'd have to show me, how you are reading the Pauline epistles, in order to come to your "synagogue" conclusions ...?
And, you'd have to clarify what you intend, when you say "church" ...?

But again, you are sort of missing what I am doing with the scriptures; that is, I am not attempting to compile some doctrines or "how to" and "what not" and "who is" and "where at" ... What I am trying to do, is very simple ... I am just trying to prepare my paint palette, the vital surface upon which I hold, arrange, and mix the paints ... Only then, will I ever attempt to actually paint the colors on canvas.
You, apparently, have already painted yours ...
 
You avoided the question?
You'd have to show me, how you are reading the Pauline epistles, in order to come to your "synagogue" conclusions ...?
And, you'd have to clarify what you intend, when you say "church" ...?
Paul's Letters give great detail to the structure of new Church in the Corinthians Letters and provide more structure in his letters to Timothy.
But again, you are sort of missing what I am doing with the scriptures; that is, I am not attempting to compile some doctrines or "how to" and "what not" and "who is" and "where at" ... What I am trying to do, is very simple ... I am just trying to prepare my paint palette, the vital surface upon which I hold, arrange, and mix the paints ... Only then, will I ever attempt to actually paint the colors on canvas.
You, apparently, have already painted yours ...
It reads like you are taking a few specifics from each Letter and grouping them together as one unified message. But I don't believe that's how God nor Paul intended it to be done. So tell me what have you concluded by doing as such? Is it just Grace or Grace + something else?
 
Paul's Letters give great detail to the structure of new Church in the Corinthians Letters and provide more structure in his letters to Timothy.

It reads like you are taking a few specifics from each Letter and grouping them together as one unified message. But I don't believe that's how God nor Paul intended it to be done. So tell me what have you concluded by doing as such? Is it just Grace or Grace + something else?
Your question is sort of senseless .. But I will attempt to answer it, unlike you ... not answering my questions ... You mention the letters to Timothy ( there is one, to Titus as well; these are called the Pastorals) ... you and I will have to agree to agree about these Pastorals; that is, I am of the conclusion (after much research), that they are fraudulent; that is, were not written by Paul ... and since they claim to have been written by Paul, then that taints the whole lot ... That is, don't try to base anything on these epistles, when you are trying to convince me of something ... it's a lost cause, if you do. So then, with the chaff out of the way ... Yes, the Corinthians letters could be used to support some sort of corporate churchy type of creation ... You'd have to really work at it, but you might be able to cobble together something? Me ... I will leave that matter up to God, and Christ ... They know who they have out-called, and they know what such a grouping would look like ... I'll levae all of that to Them, jut knowing that I am, indeed, a part of it ... whatever form it really takes.
.
Now then, you ask a good question ... you surprised me! .. "Is it just Grace or Grace + something else?"

It's a vauguly worded question, allowing you to jump off in any tangent ... but I will take the liberty of thinking that you just might be asking ... "What is grace?" ... Am I close ... tell me when I get near?