I miss you....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
As I was getting ready to take a shower tonight, I was reminded of the post I put on facebook today about a particular shampoo and conditioner that is discontinued and it makes me sad. Here is my list of things I wish would make a comeback.

1. St Ives JoJoBa shampoo and conditioner
20210728_105308.jpg

2. Dorito crackers
20210728_230819.jpg
3. Orbitz drinks
20210728_230805.jpg
4. Bath and Body Works Tropical Passion fruit lotion

5. Bath and Body Works Aquamarine body mist
20210728_230754.jpg

6. Walmart deli chicken and cheese taquitos

7. Home interior Hot apple pie candles !
20210728_230742.jpg

What about you ? Maybe we can help each other locate some of these missing items lol

Ohh almost forgot .. Payless shoe stores. I always got my favorite shoes there.... and they closed down.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Oh , also these. I know these can still be bought multiple places, just not around my town anymore. That being said, I don't buy alot of candy anymore, but when I did... these were my favorites.
20210728_233752.jpg

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Looks like a nice list.

I wish they still made good music that was easy to find. lol I can find some good sounds, but I have to do quite a search.

That just reminds me, CD's. They should still make CD's, I miss that connection. It's just not the same as streaming, mp3's, or youtube. Yes, they still make CD's, but there isn't any music sections at stores any more. I miss flipping through all the CD's and drooling at all the music.

Speaking of facebook, I seen a record player with tons of 33 records, from old classmate. Was a little jealous to be honest.

1627539034715.jpeg

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The Unihertz Jelly. Not the Jelly 2, the original Jelly. It was the smallest, best smart phone I ever owned, smaller than the screen part of a flip phone. But alas, it only ran Android 7 so I had to leave it behind.

jelly1.jpeg

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Bring back Georgie Pie

McDonalds tried to ressurrect it but it just wasnt the same. You have to make them FRESH not from frozen, and the prices need to be the same as it was in the 1980s too you big corporate lump!

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Bring back Georgie Pie

McDonalds tried to ressurrect it but it just wasnt the same. You have to make them FRESH not from frozen, and the prices need to be the same as it was in the 1980s too you big corporate lump!
What is a georgie pie ??

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I do miss the music sections in stores. When I worked at a Borders Books years ago I ran the music department for a while. It was great.
Or the enjoyment of sitting in the car, getting through that plastic and smelling the ink as I drove home was such a happy time for.

But I have to admit, MP3 is so much easier, also. So it's a trade off. I don't get those good feelings of the purchase, but things are easier to play.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Oh wow...I've never heard of that... bit it reminds me... another thing I miss....
McDonalds big mac wraps. Same taste as the sandwich, with very little bread
The Georgie Pie may have been exclusive to New Zealand? Wiki has this to say:

Georgie Pie was a fast food chain owned by retailer Progressive Enterprises
specializing in meat pies that hoped to be "New Zealand’s own homegrown
alternative to the global fast-food industry giants such as McDonald's,
Pizza Hut and Burger King". The first Georgie Pie restaurant opened in 1977,
and at its peak there were 32 restaurants across New Zealand. After running
into financial difficulties, it was bought out by McDonald's in 1996, mainly
for its restaurant locations. The last Georgie Pie store was closed in 1998.
Large pies at Georgie Pie came in a range of traditional (mince and cheese/
steak and kidney) and international (Chinese/Mexican/Italian) flavors. In
2013, following frequent calls for the brand's return, McDonald's reintroduced
Georgie Pie through its restaurants. It was discontinued in 2020.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
The Georgie Pie may have been exclusive to New Zealand? Wiki has this to say:

Georgie Pie was a fast food chain owned by retailer Progressive Enterprises
specializing in meat pies that hoped to be "New Zealand’s own homegrown
alternative to the global fast-food industry giants such as McDonald's,
Pizza Hut and Burger King". The first Georgie Pie restaurant opened in 1977,
and at its peak there were 32 restaurants across New Zealand. After running
into financial difficulties, it was bought out by McDonald's in 1996, mainly
for its restaurant locations. The last Georgie Pie store was closed in 1998.
Large pies at Georgie Pie came in a range of traditional (mince and cheese/
steak and kidney) and international (Chinese/Mexican/Italian) flavors. In
2013, following frequent calls for the brand's return, McDonald's reintroduced
Georgie Pie through its restaurants. It was discontinued in 2020.
Did you know that in the Asian countries, KFC, McDonalds etc serve their food with rice instead of chips by default. If you want chips you have to actually ask for them otherwise you will get rice.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Did you know that in the Asian countries, KFC, McDonalds etc serve their food with rice instead of
chips by default. If you want chips you have to actually ask for them otherwise you will get rice.
And chop sticks?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Never seen a georgie pie here. It must be an NZ thing.

S

SimpleSheep

Well I collect toys so...I miss the original Polly Pockets that I grew up with. If they were to sell them at the stores again, I would probably buy as many as I can haha.

This is what they used to look like and this is what they look like now. They quality is much lower and the colors are garish.

I also miss Blue Bell's Rocky Mountain Road. Ever since the listeria thing happened, they never brought it back. :(

I miss the Apple Paperback books. I used to read them as a kid and now they're really difficult to find.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I can't remember lol but I am guessing so.
i dont remmeber that, I rmemeber going to singapore and mcdonalds wasnt serving rice they had chips.
But why would you even want mcdonalds over singapore chili crab or char keuy tow is my question.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I miss $2 meals in singapore lol
The food was the best thing there, I mean the people were ok but the food was what I miss the most because of the variety esepcially the hawker centres, and it wasnt just warmed up micowaved stuff that had been sitting there for ages, or cup of tea and a biscuit (which masquerades as a meal in british influenced countries)

I guess its like the Israelites they missed the garlic, leeks and melons when they left. They didnt miss the slavery and humiiation though.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I also miss Blue Bell's Rocky Mountain Road. Ever since the listeria thing happened, they never brought it back. :(
Come down to tennessee. We have it in almost every grocery store. Kroger is the only holdout. Nobody around here goes to Kroger for ice cream.

S

SimpleSheep

Come down to tennessee. We have it in almost every grocery store. Kroger is the only holdout. Nobody around here goes to Kroger for ice cream.
No way really? My brother and I have been looking for this flavor since about 2015. We should drive up to Tennessee someday!