I need advice from a true follower of Christ, not a hypocryte teen, please help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

WarriorofChrist228

Well, i serve the lord with all my passion and shall it be his glory, i serve him and i love him, I'm in a christian relationship. But that was when i lived with my dad In fl, Yes i still serve him!!! i know if your walk in Christ does not have bumps, falls and tribulations then its not a real walk, i just don't know how to ask forgiveness, because i fell in temptation (masturbation) I'm a guy, its normal, but its not good and i have a reason to feel horrible, because the spirit of the Lord is letting me know I'm wrong, i just don't know anymore. Help me please.

God bless followers of Christ keep goinng foward, don't let the enemy take your sight. Jesus is coming soon!!!!!!!!!!

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
First of all am glad to hear that you serve God with all your heart. Secondly if you repent and ask God to forgive you then he will forgive you. Sometimes we are the ones who refuse to accept that we are forgiven and the old has passed. Whatever you may have done, God is faithful and he will forgive you if you ask. God bless
Here is a song for you, hope it will help>> Forgiven - Official Music Video - Sanctus Real - YouTube

U

Ugly

You may have gotten a better response if the title of your thread was less holier than thou, rude and stand offish. You presented yourself in a very negative fashion and that decreases a persons desire to help someone who seems to think so highly of themselves.

R

River_W

You may have gotten a better response if the title of your thread was less holier than thou, rude and stand offish. You presented yourself in a very negative fashion and that decreases a persons desire to help someone who seems to think so highly of themselves.
We can always leave it up to Ugly to speak his mind. Still Ugly, it might have been a bit more helpful for you to give WarriorofChrist some advice after the criticism. Just saying. :)

Anyway Warrior, I work as a spiritual mentor for a few young adults that are stuck in some pretty vicious cycles of sin. Abusing drugs, anger fits, lust, you name it. This is what I tell them when they feel confused about forgiveness:

Basic steps: 1) Admit the sin to God; 2) Recognize Christ's sacrifice for our sin and that we are cleansed by it; 3) Accept the forgiveness; 4) Give God control and repent

God readily forgives His children. You need only ask Him. It seems like you are having a hard time accepting His forgiveness because you haven't forgiven yourself. When we are weighed down by guilt and disappointment, it becomes hard to approach God and we wonder, "God, will You really forgive me of this when I know what I am doing is wrong?" (God's answer is yes, of course, because He loves you so much!) When you pray, you need to accept the forgiveness that He is already holding out to you and believe in your heart that you've been forgiven, no matter how bad you feel. Like you said, the Holy Spirit is letting you know your actions are wrong, but don't let the feeling of guilt or shame from that sin make you unsure of how to ask God forgiveness or hesitant in any way. When we sin, God want us to go to Him

Another part of forgiveness, of course, is repentance. That's the hard part, especially for repeated sins. But remember, Christ is your strength. God is leading you every step of the way. Find a system that works for you and slowly break away from that sin. Use all that passion that you have for the Lord, and let Him turn you around!

1 John 1:9--"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Thank you for sharing what was on your heart! Praying for you. I hope this was helpful!

In Christ,
River

U

Ugly

We can always leave it up to Ugly to speak his mind. Still Ugly, it might have been a bit more helpful for you to give WarriorofChrist some advice after the criticism. Just saying. :)

Anyway Warrior, I work as a spiritual mentor for a few young adults that are stuck in some pretty vicious cycles of sin. Abusing drugs, anger fits, lust, you name it. This is what I tell them when they feel confused about forgiveness:

Basic steps: 1) Admit the sin to God; 2) Recognize Christ's sacrifice for our sin and that we are cleansed by it; 3) Accept the forgiveness; 4) Give God control and repent

God readily forgives His children. You need only ask Him. It seems like you are having a hard time accepting His forgiveness because you haven't forgiven yourself. When we are weighed down by guilt and disappointment, it becomes hard to approach God and we wonder, "God, will You really forgive me of this when I know what I am doing is wrong?" (God's answer is yes, of course, because He loves you so much!) When you pray, you need to accept the forgiveness that He is already holding out to you and believe in your heart that you've been forgiven, no matter how bad you feel. Like you said, the Holy Spirit is letting you know your actions are wrong, but don't let the feeling of guilt or shame from that sin make you unsure of how to ask God forgiveness or hesitant in any way. When we sin, God want us to go to Him

Another part of forgiveness, of course, is repentance. That's the hard part, especially for repeated sins. But remember, Christ is your strength. God is leading you every step of the way. Find a system that works for you and slowly break away from that sin. Use all that passion that you have for the Lord, and let Him turn you around!

1 John 1:9--"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Thank you for sharing what was on your heart! Praying for you. I hope this was helpful!

In Christ,
River
Actually, i've given out advice on this topic a lot. Seeing as how a new thread on it comes up weekly. I'm burned out repeating the same information, just to have someone come behind me and say masturbation isn't bad. Its old now.

R

River_W

Actually, i've given out advice on this topic a lot. Seeing as how a new thread on it comes up weekly. I'm burned out repeating the same information, just to have someone come behind me and say masturbation isn't bad. Its old now.
I understand. I know your critiques are how you go about business sometimes.

What I was getting at is that he asked for help, and you merely criticized. Kind of disrespectful to a new member who most likely didn't even know how many times you've posted about this topic and that you felt burned out.

How many times you've given your advice is beside the point. I understand that you may be tired of typing out the same reply over and over again, but if you don't want to repeat yourself on the same subject, then don't. But telling Warrior what you thought was wrong with his posting method was simply unnecessary. He may have gotten some PMs as far as we know.

That's all I was trying to say. See you around the forums.

In Christ,
River

P.S. WarriorofChrist--I pray that God is guiding you to the help you need and that everything is going well!

U

Ugly

I understand. I know your critiques are how you go about business sometimes.

What I was getting at is that he asked for help, and you merely criticized. Kind of disrespectful to a new member who most likely didn't even know how many times you've posted about this topic and that you felt burned out.

How many times you've given your advice is beside the point. I understand that you may be tired of typing out the same reply over and over again, but if you don't want to repeat yourself on the same subject, then don't. But telling Warrior what you thought was wrong with his posting method was simply unnecessary. He may have gotten some PMs as far as we know.

That's all I was trying to say. See you around the forums.

In Christ,
River

P.S. WarriorofChrist--I pray that God is guiding you to the help you need and that everything is going well!
You're right. I should let him keep posting and sounding like a jerk. That would be the 'christian' thing to do, as opposed to showing him the error of his way, and helping to correct it. If helping is disrespectful, then fine, i'm disrespectful.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
You're right. I should let him keep posting and sounding like a jerk. That would be the 'christian' thing to do, as opposed to showing him the error of his way, and helping to correct it. If helping is disrespectful, then fine, i'm disrespectful.

It wasn't really what you said, Ugly. Weird as it might sound, it's the tone you set for your post.

Yeah, he needed some loving correction on the title...not the greatest title to give. BUT, would you want someone to respond to you the same exact way you responded to him? You could have responded a lot kinder and the point would have still gotten across. You gotta remember, not everyone is perfect, and people might not word things the best.

Plus, it's not very polite to call him a jerk...telling someone they sound like a jerk and calling someone a jerk is the same thing.

So in other words...love is key. No matter who they are or what they're struggling with.

N

naomig098

Hey warriorofChrist, I don't think i will write something new to what the others said but i just wanted to add to it a bit and also encourage you not to give up. We live in a fallen world and we are stuck with this flesh of ours- which has its own desires. Desires which are not in line with God. So we gare admit we fall from time to time.We sin. But you the amazing and wonderful thing is God's mercy and grace. Just as we believe the word that says all have sinned, we should believe the word- The blood of Jesus Christ cleanse us from all sin. That is all sin. So i am saying you can get up warriorofchrist, if there is falling then there is getting up. And the Almighty God is on the 'getting up' side. So God is amazing he forgives us even if he knows we'll sin tommorrow. He still forgives us. So God's mercy is avail to you grab ahold of it and stand up by his grace.

U

Ugly

It wasn't really what you said, Ugly. Weird as it might sound, it's the tone you set for your post.

Yeah, he needed some loving correction on the title...not the greatest title to give. BUT, would you want someone to respond to you the same exact way you responded to him? You could have responded a lot kinder and the point would have still gotten across. You gotta remember, not everyone is perfect, and people might not word things the best.

Plus, it's not very polite to call him a jerk...telling someone they sound like a jerk and calling someone a jerk is the same thing.

So in other words...love is key. No matter who they are or what they're struggling with.
Not true, i explained to him that he was presenting himself in a fashion that made himself come across as a jerk. I did not make a reference to his character by saying that he is a jerk. I don't know if he's a jerk or not. He may very well be a great guy, but he wasn't presenting himself in such a manner. There IS a distinction.

And quite honestly i don't feel a need to coddle every persons fragile ego to point out a mistake they made.

Perhaps spend less time criticizing me for helping, and derailing someone elses post, and maybe, i don't know, focus on the person seeking help instead?

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
Not true, i explained to him that he was presenting himself in a fashion that made himself come across as a jerk. I did not make a reference to his character by saying that he is a jerk. I don't know if he's a jerk or not. He may very well be a great guy, but he wasn't presenting himself in such a manner. There IS a distinction.

And quite honestly i don't feel a need to coddle every persons fragile ego to point out a mistake they made.

Perhaps spend less time criticizing me for helping, and derailing someone elses post, and maybe, i don't know, focus on the person seeking help instead?
In the same way you were trying to help point out to the OP how he sounded, lil_christian and River_W were simply trying to do the same for you. Nothing personal. Maybe you can be more quick to listen and slow to speak? Perhaps if you don't like the critiques back, take your own advice and focus on the person seeking help instead of criticizing everyone when you feel necessary, especially a new member? Just a suggestion.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
You're coming across like a jerk, Ugly.

U

Ugly

Sorry, WOC. Looks like none of these people care about your problems as much as complaining about my pointing out how you came across. At least i was honest enough to admit i didn't feel to help with your problem and why. Funny being told i should be offering you help, by people who only stopped by to criticize me, yet offered no help themselves. And didn't even seem to read all the posts. Guess they're more worried about me than you problems.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Maybe because there's more than just WOC's problem...

By the way Warrior of Christ...I am praying for you!! The only thing I can really give you is, when you are tempted to masturbate, look at Philippians 4:8 :)

Philippians 4:8 (KJV)

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Last edited:

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
Well, i serve the lord with all my passion and shall it be his glory, i serve him and i love him, I'm in a christian relationship. But that was when i lived with my dad In fl, Yes i still serve him!!! i know if your walk in Christ does not have bumps, falls and tribulations then its not a real walk, i just don't know how to ask forgiveness, because i fell in temptation (masturbation) I'm a guy, its normal, but its not good and i have a reason to feel horrible, because the spirit of the Lord is letting me know I'm wrong, i just don't know anymore. Help me please.

God bless followers of Christ keep goinng foward, don't let the enemy take your sight. Jesus is coming soon!!!!!!!!!!
Where in the Bible does it say masturbation is wrong?