I need some spiritual guidance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CEF

Brothers and Sisters, I'm in deep need of spiritual guidance, my name is Catherine its Sunday I did not go to church and haven't been to church in two weeks. I'm quite upset with by the way. I'm at the point in my life where I'm having to decide is being a Christian worth it. I'm 17 about to be 18 in July and am trying to mature both spiritually and physically. My main thing is I am looking for spiritual guidance in my life. Someone that can hold me accountable for serving the Lord the way needed. I have OCD which drives me crazy at times, I'm simply not liked or people don't want to talk to me. Prayers are welcome at anytime and they are needed if you would like to encourage/guide me closer to Christ I simply can not wait to hear from you. You can pm me simply letting me know.

Feb 21, 2014
Remember, regular prayer and Scripture reading is essential.

Just remember the cost to the Lord Jesus of going to the Cross also.

Blessings.

B

biscuit

Brothers and Sisters, I'm in deep need of spiritual guidance, my name is Catherine its Sunday I did not go to church and haven't been to church in two weeks. I'm quite upset with by the way. I'm at the point in my life where I'm having to decide is being a Christian worth it. I'm 17 about to be 18 in July and am trying to mature both spiritually and physically. My main thing is I am looking for spiritual guidance in my life. Someone that can hold me accountable for serving the Lord the way needed. I have OCD which drives me crazy at times, I'm simply not liked or people don't want to talk to me. Prayers are welcome at anytime and they are needed if you would like to encourage/guide me closer to Christ I simply can not wait to hear from you. You can pm me simply letting me know.
Catherine, you need to structure your time with those who need you and eager to be with you. You may want to volunteer your time with the elderly or young girls who want a Big Sister. And among these groups are some who would love you to preach the gospel. There are so many ways to serve Jesus and feel wholesome and loved at the same time. Please check various social organizations who need loving & caring young Christians like you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atwood

May 1, 2014
Catherine,
My heart goes out to you; and I regret how you are suffering.

I wonder if you mean OCD or OCPD? The personality disorder is a lot like legalism, forgetting that all the Lord ultimately demands of us is to love Him and neighbor as self. But in OCD, I have to suspect that in some cases of OCD there is a demonic element, as the compulsions are self-harming, for Eph 5 tells us that no man ever hated his own body, but nourishes and cherishes it. Both disorders are a violation of "If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed."

Thus IMHO, the cure for these is to trust the Lord Jesus as only & sufficient Savior, trust Him then as we live claiming the wisdom of James 1, and focusing on the fact that what Christianity is all about is loving God and neighbor.

You seem to have enough reality-testing in yourself to realize that obsessions & compulsions are not good. Can you firmly say to yourself?: This has nothing to do with loving my neighbor as myself; so I am not compelled to do this.

Going to church of course is a necessity for a believer. But if one is not born again, it can be like a case of cow pox that keeps you from getting small pox. In other words to join a church without being saved can contribute to the delusion that one is a Christian when one has never been born again. Going to some "churches" is harmful, if the congregation is not predominately born again or pretends to exhibit supernatural powers from God that it does not have, like drinking poison and handling snakes.

Going to a good sound church is a necessity for a Christian. But before one is saved, the issue is to trust Christ as Savior, then figure out what church to go to following the prayer for wisdom of James 1.

The Lord Jesus is the 2nd Person of the Trinity, God who became man and died on the cross to pay for our sins; then He rose from the dead.

God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be saved.

Do you have enough faith to call out now?:

"Lord Jesus, please deliver me, change me, make me a child of God, forgive my sins, and give me your gift of eternal life. Please bless me with a sound mind so I can glorify you. I do now trust you as my only & sufficient Savior, and I depend upon your substitutionary death on the cross as full payment of all my sins.

Last edited:

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord, i pray for Catherine, make her hungry to read your word, and meditate, she is your daughter today, right now break the chains of satan and release her, bring new days in her life, Amen.

J

JustAnotherUser

I'm very sorry with what you're going through. It's hard when you are pressured by so many things and deciding as to what you want to do with your life, I can't blame you for feeling the way that you do. Setting aside feelings and my own experiences when it comes to social acceptance, would there happen to be anything else other than the church you're in you can attend to? Support/spiritual groups, volunteering, if you're in school then after school things that could involve Christianity in it? Try looking something up. I'm sure there's one if anything. Just because you don't fit in one place doesn't mean you should give up. The people who don't accept you are missing out anyway. ;)

I can't say whether or not people on here alone will help you on the spiritual guidance, but if you can find one or a few then by all means take that opportunity. But it's obvious that you need something more. Step outside from everything for a little while and give yourself some time to think. What I've noticed is when in isolation, make sure it's within good reason rather than to self destruct yourself socially, mentally and physically. If that means that your OCD stems from isolation for the destructive reasons then change it ASAP. Take a stroll at a park or find some place that's peaceful for you and have your mind be released somewhat while opening up to a greater awareness from yourself. Meditation could help with that if needed. You'd be surprised as to how you can feel as the result. I did just this morning and I think that helped to make my day go better than I've expected. It doesn't hurt to just take that time for yourself since it's not hurting anyone. You can still mature in the process and if I could go back to being seventeen - eighteen and known this I would do the same rather than getting into major panic attacks over the wrong reasons that became a reality of such problems because I let it. Take the advantage while you can so you won't fall under the same thing. Remember as well that there's nothing wrong on wanting help and fellowship if you can't deal with many things alone no matter what others say.

As you can tell I'm pretty new at this too. I'm starting from scratch on just about everything while I have some time. That's probably what you also need because from what you've posted it seems like you're not feeling the acceptance and confusion piling up and it really can make one stressed out and anything can happen from something that starts small. Just step out for a little while. Remember that it's not asked for you to become a super hero in order to believe. I'd suggest to find a different church if you don't want to give up on that just yet because the one you're in is not benefiting you, what would be the point to stay in it. I wish you the best of luck.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I drive myself crazy at times, too. You may feel that you are simply not liked but there are those that love you. Go to church next week and please don't forget to say your nighttime prayers tonight. You will be in my nighttime prayers tonight. Now, please relax, everything will turn out for God's glory and for tranquility in your heart as well. Tell someone that you love them tonight. And smile.

K

kennethcadwell

"Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

-- Joshua 1:9 Bible

We must all keep this scripture in our hearts, and remember not to let others get us down. God is there for us no matter what situation we our in. As Christians we have our own personal tribulations we must endure. It is not an easy path to follow because the devil is going to pull at us harder to try to make us fall away. This is why our Lord Jesus said we must persevere to the end to be saved, and why Augustine did a study on this called, " Perseverance of the Saints. " We must stay strong and have courage to know the Lord our God will get us through it.

Praying always !!!

C

Chezz

I'm praying for you...PM me if you need to talk to someone :) God Bless