I need strength.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

spicypickle

I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 6 years.

I am now just realizing things. I wish I would have sooner, but his actions coupled with what he's said have made me wonder what my purpose is.

I am not sure if I love this person anymore. I feel betrayed. I feel like the last 6 years were a waste and false.

I need the Lord to help me.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
You should try talking to your pastor.

Nov 14, 2016

I am now just realizing things. I wish I would have sooner, but his actions coupled with what he's said have made me wonder what my purpose is.

I am not sure if I love this person anymore. I feel betrayed. I feel like the last 6 years were a waste and false.

*** (praying) maybe it's time to seek God and find His will in this situation----don't look at it as a waste, for God can restore whatever you lost if you come to Him with your mess---He is a restorer and has better things for you down the road...

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016

Hi Spicypickle,

I'm surprised that you had a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship at 12 years old. I guess I'm lost in the generation gap. Is this when kids begin dating now?

Well one thing that comes to mind is that when
you became boyfriend/girlfriend and being so young, you're not the same people 6 years ago as you are today.

When you're that young you're still growing, your mind, thoughts and understanding of the world, people, realtionships, etc are constantly changing each year.

At some point your both have grown apart either in ideals, beliefs, spirituality etc. I'm sorry that he's hurt you. Is he feeling the same as you or does he still want the relationship to continue.

Have you spoken with your mom or dad. Some have great insight and can offer fantastic advice. Or maybe talk it over with a friend?

Maybe since you've had a few years to get to know one another you're finally seeing him for who he is. That happens. We think we know someone, later to find out we don't know them at all.

Saying a prayer. Seek the Lord with all your heart.

James 3:17

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Last edited:
S

spicypickle

I will be asking God to help me with this. As mentioned, I will give Him my "mess". He can guide me.

I'm actually 38 years old, so I'm not sure why it's showing up that I'm 18. Must be something in the settings.

At any rate, I shall spend the afternoon asking Him for guidance and strength.

A

Ariel82

We will join you in prayer. May you clearly hear and follow God's loving guidance in this situation.

S

spicypickle

I spoke to the Lord this afternoon. I told Him how I needed him to guide me and give me strength. Then I felt it was necessary to have a discussion with Him. This thought just came to my mind and I shared with Him. I told Him about how I remembered standing outside the church when I was younger, under the tree, watching the snow fall in the light of the streetlights. How when I went into the church, I felt instant warmth and comfort. How I knew He was there for me.

It felt good to talk to Him.

L

Lovesgodblue

I'm dealing with a situation with my wife soon to be my ex she left me for another man younger than me she moved him into my home so everyday I have seven them together I've known her for moat of her life i pray read my listen to music to get my mind off of it I've spoke to my pastor he said he had never encountered said situation quite like mine she wants to be friends but it's very strange and hurtful I now god has something else planned for my life but dealing with her boyfriend in our home is one of hardest thing's I've had to deal with in my life she is someone I've used to be best friends but now I'm trying to keep a Christian attitude towards but she still wants money to do thing's with her new bow of does give me comfort by letting me know that he has something better for me I wanted a little in put from y'all