I never knew you...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NoNameMcgee

there are those who will say Lord Lord

and point to their works and establish they are righteous

but we (born again believers) are only saved by the righteousness of Jesus

Romans 5:19
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Philippians 3:9
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Isaiah 53:11 - He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Galatians 2:16 - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 3:22 - Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference

J

Jeremiah74

there are those who will say Lord Lord

and point to their works and establish they are righteous

but we (born again believers) are only saved by the righteousness of Jesus

Romans 5:19
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Philippians 3:9
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Isaiah 53:11 - He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Galatians 2:16 - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 3:22 - Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference
2 Peter 3:15-18 The last thing Peter Writes is a warning for those unlearned in the Torah to not twist what Paul says to their own destruction to fall to the error of lawlessness , Written to the Galatians after Paul is dead.

N

NoNameMcgee

2 Peter 3:15-18 The last thing Peter Writes is a warning for those unlearned in the Torah to not twist what Paul says to their own destruction to fall to the error of lawlessness , Written to the Galatians after Paul is dead.

how is that related to what i said?

J

Jeremiah74

how is that related to what i said?
We just have to be careful when reading Paul's letters to the Romans and Galatians to not think that he is telling us not to follow the Torah. We have to remember that in many cases he was referring to to Oral law. Of coarse we are not saved by our own righteousness of keeping the Torah , But only because Jesus paid the price of our sin(lawlessness)

N

NoNameMcgee

We just have to be careful when reading Paul's letters to the Romans and Galatians to not think that he is telling us not to follow the Torah. We have to remember that in many cases he was referring to to Oral law. Of coarse we are not saved by our own righteousness of keeping the Torah , But only because Jesus paid the price of our sin(lawlessness)

lol

right.

im saved by grace through faith
i said nothing about sinning so grace will abound

Sep 4, 2012
He's not telling us to follow torah. Paul always taught to follow Christ.

N

NoNameMcgee

Work with a bad translation to your peril.

lol
same old same old from you....

such a guruu with so much hidden knowledge

your silly warnings against me trusting in Christ hold no weight

J

Jeremiah74

The words of Yeshua (Jesus) Mathew 5:17-18
17“Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to complete.
18“For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.
The heavens and earth have not passed away have they?
He fulfilled all of the spring feast of the LORD, (Passover, Unleavened bread, First fruits)
He has yet to fulfill the fall feast of the LORD, (Day of trumpets, Day of atonement, Feast of Tabernacles) upon His second return..

C

claysmithr

Sorry, instead of the term non-believers maybe I should have used the term false-believers.

N

NoNameMcgee

Sorry, instead of the term non-believers maybe I should have used the term false-believers.
yes

they had knowledge of christ

but believed in their works

and did not have the righteousness of Jesus <- perfection

and were still found as workers of lawlessness

He never knew them <- not adopted children <- not born again

J

Jeremiah74

He's not telling us to follow torah. Paul always taught to follow Christ.
John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
Jesus was the word(Torah), way, truth, light.

J

Jeremiah74

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
Jesus was the word(Torah), way, truth, light.
Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Apr 15, 2017
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This is not addressed to the non-believers, but people who claimed Jesus as Lord, and they were trying to weasel out of the judgment given them by saying they labored for the kingdom of God, which they are saying that they dedicated some of their time to the kingdom of God, so they want to know why they cannot enter in to heaven.

It has nothing to do with Jesus going against their works, but that they did not do the will of the Father, which they were workers of iniquity, sins of the flesh, for they held unto sin and thought they were right with God, and did not understand that sin affects their relationship with God.

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

No person says that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost, so God was working in their life.

Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Many are called but few are chosen, which some people do not come to the truth that they have to abstain from sin by the Spirit, and have the attitude that sin affects their relationship with God, and to hate sin, but want to enjoy sin, and believe sin does not affect their relationship with God.

2Ti 3:4 lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

They have a form of godliness, which they have some traits of living for God, but they deny the power thereof, because of their wanting to enjoy sin, which they are not led of the Spirit, and never come to the truth that they have to abstain from sin to be right with God, which is why the Bible points out their sins.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

What seals the saints by the Spirit is if they depart from iniquity led by the Spirit.

But there is many who think they are right with God, but they enjoy fleshy pleasures, and worldly entertainment, and going by their wants, and hold unto sin and think they are right with God.

Those people that keep that attitude are the ones who will be saying Lord, Lord, why can't we dwell with you, which Jesus will say you are workers of iniquity.

No person says Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost, so God was working in their life, but many are called but few are chosen, for not everybody that claims Jesus as Lord want to be Christlike, although they show some form of it, but it is not a partial living like Christ, but all the way, for a little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Lord, Lord is a reference to the LORD God in Genesis. In such, Jesus was giving the stipulation that those who considered him to be the same LORD God as written of in Genesis wouldn't enter into the kingdom of heaven unless the met the following condition:

"....but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Who is his Father in heaven?

"When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost." Matt 1:18

The same as your Father in heaven...

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." Matt 23:9

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
"Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also." John 8:19

1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

No person says that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost, so God was working in their life.
No person speaking by the Spirit of truth calls Jesus accursed and no man can say that Jesus is the Lord but by Spirit of God.

And no man called Jesus the Son of God except but by the gospel of Christ.

"...therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

Dec 12, 2013
There are a few things to note here. The most important thing is that Jesus is talking about non-believers who are trusting in their works to get to heaven. This can be understood when we see what “The will of my Father” is, which is to believe in Jesus for your forgiveness of sins and your righteousness, as seen in John 6:40.

Jesus saying “I never knew you” denotes a lack of relationship with Jesus, his spirit was never inside of them. When he calls them “workers of lawlessness” he’s pointing out that even our best works are sin-stained.

-------------------------
Am I correct? Thanks!
Exactly.......those who say they were saved and then lost it....call JESUS a liar...end of story.....the MANY he speaks of is seen alive and well today...MOST religions push a faith/works blend to gain, keep, maintain, earn or top off salvation....

Paul was clear...

WORKS or GRACE <--a vanilla cafe blend of both -= a gospel of a different kind with no power to save........

It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

JESUS never KNEW THEM is as plain as the SUN in the SKY...had HE known them, the very NATURE of God would not ALLOW him to LIE and say he NEVER knew them.....