I Peter 4:5 SHEEP--SACRIFICE--SON

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I Peter 4_5 SHEEP-SACRIFICE-SON

Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead” (I Peter 4:5).

Give an account of himself . . .” that is of his character, his conduct, his words, his actions, his plans and purposes. In the fearful arraignment of that day, every work and purpose shall be brought forth and tried by the unerring standard of justice as we shall be called to so fearful an account with God. We should not be engaged in condemning our brethren, but should whether we are prepared to give up our account with joy—and not with grief. –Albert Barnes Notes

I thought about that—just reading a paragraph like that—character, conduct, words, actions, plans and purposes. I mean, think about Bible-believing Baptists. What are we supposed to do? Well, we’re supposed to grow up, I guess, in the ‘condemning the brethren’ department. I mean, you look at this, it’s saying—check yourself out. “So then everyone of us shall give an account of himself to God!”

Now it is important to distinguish between "condemning our brethren" and "judging their doctrine." Paul clearly admonishes us to have nothing to do with those that teach things contrary to Scripture . . .

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" (II John 1:9-11).

What is the doctrine of Christ? It is summarized in the most beloved verse in the Bible known by young and old alike, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Yet, there are those that would limit the world that God so loved into a few that are 'picked' and those 'not picked' simply need not to apply.

We must give an account of ourselves to God, regardless of what the lost or other saved people might think of your walk with Christ and desire to separate yourselves from this evil, present world.

Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you: Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead” (I Peter 4:4-5).

What does that mean? What do you think it means?

Wherein they,” Who is they? Those people you ain’t doing what they are doing with. What are they doing? They are living for the devil, you are living for God! That’s what the difference is. If people are doing something right, it’s right to do right—it’s good to do good! But you don’t hang around with those people that are flippant. They’re good on day and bad the next. They can break out in anything disgusting—drunkenness, lewdness—and you are a part of that if you hang out with them. You gotta watch out. Because pretty soon you’ll give in and give over to that—and you’ll act just like them. And you see, you have to give an account of yourself to God as a Christian—they have to give an account to God for that sinner part, that they will be damned for. Scary stuff for both us—except we remain in heaven, they remain in hell. Big difference. And knowing that big difference, that is what keeps you and I in line. We just don’t do stuff that other people do. Because it just ain’t right.

Wherein they think it strange . . .” Once again, here the Apostle points out what the saints must expect from the men of the world by living a different life. And Peter chooses to mention it. Why would he do that? Why, to prevent us from becoming discouraged. He says, “Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you . . .” I mean, all of us . . . when you go to a new place and you are trying to maintain your Christian testimony and people don’t like you, they speak evil of you. After a while, you can take that so personally that you get discouraged.

That is why it is important to know the Bible! That’s how you grow! If you have verses that explain your emotions—and the emotions of the world—if God’s already telling you ahead of time what to expect, man, it doesn’t make it less hurtful, but it sure gives you some comfort to know that He knows what He is talking about and you are definitely going through what He said was going to happen. And that’s a blessing, when you look at it that way. If you don’t have that information, you don’t look at life like that—you look at it just like any normal person would, right? Any normal person. “I wonder what I can do to make them happy?” And that can get you into some big trouble.

But if you know you are doing good and doing right—you can expect things to happen to you. Isn’t that good? And what I really like about God’s Word is that He definitely starts off with the sowing and reaping and let’s you know, “Their day is coming!” And think about, “their day is coming.”

Most of us, I hate to say it about myself, but when I look at the political deal and those on the left, phew! It’s very hard for me to pray for them to go to heaven—it’s easier for me to say—man, I wish He would just snuff them out and send them to hell! That’s just the way I feel about what they are doing, how they are damning things, messing kids and women up, and minds up—but I have to think of myself—my heart and understand that it was changed. And the only way it was changed, was God had to change it, and He did.

I’m not talking about protecting myself and my family—I’m talking about looking at people and seeing them as beyond hope—that’s dangerous. Because these verses that say what I will go through for doing good—by evil people—does not say that I’m supposed to do evil back at them. This is just telling me that there is going to be a judgment day, and if you do what you’re supposed to do, you’ll be all right—for the Christian. And don’t worry about them, because, hey, if they don’t get saved their judgment will be eternal damnation, torment, for ever and ever in hell. Scary stuff! See, they think it’s strange—we don’t—the way we walk and talk. They’re supposed to think it’s strange.

Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead” (I Peter 4:5).

So, you have verse 4 wherein they think it is strange, and now it asked, who shall give an account? You think about the worldlings, that’s who they are if they are lost, worldlings, who now call you to account falsely. Whatever you say, as to the reason you are doing something, it’s falsely accounted for to them. Whatever you say, they will twist it. But they’ll have to give an account themselves for this very evil speaking. And that Judge is going to be God. And they’ll be condemned justly. You see that word, that is ‘ready to judge,” that “ready” means very speedily. God is not going to take time at the Judgment. Now Christ’s coming, is to the believer, always near. When it talks about the ‘quick and the dead,’ I mean, this second coming is going to be quick. That’s talking about the Lord coming back ruling and reigning. But before that, we have a rapture—and that can be any day—and for the Christian we go, and we go to the Judgment Seat of Christ. And that is a serious thing—for us.

Happy is he who hath one desire,
if that desire be set on Christ.
We are accountable to God
and He Himself accounted us.​

Everybody got that? Okay, I don’t want you to be confused now. Sometimes, people with hearing loss—I don’t want you think I’m saying people are going to go to hell for doing something wrong. I’m saying you are going to be judged for what you did wrong—and a lot time He judges us now! And thank God for that, actually, keep us on the right path so that we don’t mess everything up when we get to the Judgment Seat of Christ. It is up to us to get our heart together, to know that we have to give an account. So, if you have to give an account, and you know that, and you know you are saved—therefore, God counted you worthy. I mean, preach on heaven—hallelujah! Preach on the rapture—Glory to God! Preach on Judgment for us—We don’t like that. But it’s true. As a Christian, just think what stand He must hold us compared to other people.

I look at this and I know that there are three things that are mentioned. Sheep, Sacrifice and Sons. Now, the sheep symbolizes meekness, gentleness and submission. I get that. But the sheep never existed in a wild state. Again, a sheep never existed in a wild state. Maybe your definition of a wild state would be a natural state, but sheep are never born wild. I looked at this and said, wow, come on! Nah! Sheep were created expressly for man, and was selected from the first for sacrifice when God created them. Milk, food, clothing. We didn’t get to the rams, we know what that is. But sheep, birth them, throw them out there and see what they do.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
SHEEP

- Anybody can sneak up on them.
- If they fall asleep on their back the rain will drown them.
- You know what happens to sheep without a shepherd, they die quick.
- If sheep are born out there and there is no shepherd, bad shape.

It’s a good study! I looked at that and I said I never thought of that, ever! But it’s the truth!

Get a puppy, just get a dog and throw him out there and see what he can do. Get a horse, a colt, after a while after he gets his legs going. See what it does. And then look at a sheep—baaa, baaa. You can snatch them, throw them in your car, your truck. God knew what He was talking about. What a symbol, man. And the image is frequent in Scripture.

- You got Jehovah the shepherd.
- You got His people are always consider a flock.
- You got sinners—the straying whom sheep the good Shepherd came to save.
- You got false teachers who are thieves and ‘wolves in sheep’s clothing.’
- You remember the part about plucking out of His hands, ‘none can pluck them out of My hand, and the Father’ in John 10:16 and John 10:27.
- Jesus said that other sheep He had that were not of this fold—them also I must bring, they shall hear my voice, there shall be one fold and one shepherd.
- The Shepherd became a sheep for us, we know that, and it was the ‘Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world.”
- They were looking for an unblemished animal, perfect in all its way.

I mean, even a cow fights when it senses something. Them lambs, you can just lead them right to the slaughter.

And God chose that animal, all through the Bible, for illustrations, and He came like that, for us.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
SACRIFICE

Our Lord was born to die, we, likewise, are born again to die. His Sacrifice was for us, and now ours is for Him. Now both bring glory to the Father. Every living soul is born to die, but only the born again souls die for God’s glory. The lost die for their father the devil’s glory. And we know when you read Romans chapter 12, when we do that reasonable service for the Lord—and that service is allowing God to use us in any way He wants. We reckon ourselves dead daily, we are on the altar, remember that?

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God” (Romans 12:1, 2).

Being transformed, by this Book, daily. So, God tells us all these things. Then we hear it from preaching and teaching. Things ought to start to be reinforced in your life because you are going to go through life as a saved person, and you are going to know that it seems like the Holy Spirit leaves you when you mess up, and you are going to know that when you start serving God and start speaking up for me the atmosphere starts to get staticky and people that used to be your friends start talking about you behind your back.

These things will take place if you do what you are supposed to do. If you don’t, don’t worry about it! Face the Judgment Seat of Christ. Then you’ll say, ‘Oh man! I wish I had listened!” He warned all of us what would take place. See, it’s either that or live like the devil. Right? Don’t get saved, just keep living like hell and when you die . . . Your heaven is right now, man, not later! Hell is for you later! That is scary.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
SONS

We that are saved know this because we are the sons of God. Christians that are led of God’s Spirit in this present dispensation are declared to be the sons of God. You know what is unique about preaching, don’t you? The preacher will go through it either today or tomorrow, right? You know how messages come, right? If you haven’t, you’ll find out. The Word of God prepares us.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God . . . For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God” (Romans 8:14, 19).

What does that mean? That means when that curse went on mankind, it went on the earth too. And very nature can’t wait for the Lord to rule and reign on this planet for a thousand years. They can’t wait, and in us—the sons of God—is a groaning and a yearning that that thing would be quick, would start now. Praise the Lord! Rapture now! Won’t have to worry about paying bills or anything, cancer, anything! Get out of here now! And you act like that if you roots aren’t two deep in the ground now, for planet earth, because you got plans—and you want all these plans to come true.

It’s good to have plans, but if you don’t include God . . . all’s I can tell you is if you know that you are saved—you know Who the boss is.

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father” (Galatians 4:6).

How do you know that you are saved? Did you do what God told you to do? Then God did what He said that He was going to do! You are a witness! Instead of you calling everybody, even your mother and dad, guess what happens? Suddenly something inside you—you cry out to God first. I didn’t do that before! I didn’t stop and start talking to God, “Oh God, lead and direct, oh, do this or do that! You know, thinking that for some reason He has everything under control, and I was connected to Him. No, I would always have to think about my religious thing— “well, I ain’t gone to church in thirty years, I ain’t did this, I ain’t did my confession for twenty-seven years, man, I messed up! I ain’t going to Him. Give me the cops, give me the hospital, give me the ambulance.”

Now those are things that might have to happen, but before that, my heart cries out for God. Something inside of me cries out, “Abba. Father!” That’s my Dad! He takes care of me. I’m going directly to Him, I don’t care what the deal is. Just something inside—a connection—and that connection is because of the Holy Spirit of God because I’m in Him, and He’s in me.

In John 1, just so you can see that this born again thing is not a fake thing—it is a supernatural thing—that’s what takes place. Why? It’s God! God does this stuff, man. I can’t tell you, you are going to heaven, and can give you the Word of God and tell you how you can know. And so, what am I trusting? Not me! I’m trusting the Book! You’re not trusting me, you are trusting the Book!

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (John 1:12).

That to me, man, that is something. Not AUTHORITY—He gave us POWER—big difference. You got the power when you got Him. What does that make you? A son of God! You can look on the outside and find all sorts of defects, and I’ll probably agree with most of them, but I know where I’m going when I die—and I know I am in the family of God. Not because of what I did, but what He did for me.

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all. For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me” (Philippians 2:13-18).

You start going through all that with the Apostle’s example of what’s taking place to him and the other Apostles, and you see that he is saying that we are all in the same boat—and you start to think this thing through—and you know that we have been given power from God to be the sons of God. That means that we have been given power to suffer for Him, to serve Him, to do whatever’s necessary for Him—we have the power inside to do that—we have to acknowledge that. We acknowledge that because of the Word of God. We don’t look at other people, we don’t murmur and complain. We have to look at ourselves and say where am I today in the service of the Lord on my journey. And your mindset has to be set! If it is set, you’ll be able to fair okay—that’s all I can say.

So we are accounted worthy to be a sheep, a sacrifice and God’s son. I mean, think about it, how dare we whine and murmur and cower and take cover. I mean, we are the light of the world. We’ll not hide it under a bushel. Remember the song? No! We are accountable to God and He has accounted us.

- If hunger brings us to our knees, it is more useful to us than feasting.
- If thirst drives us to the fountain, it is better than the deepest draughts of worldly joy.
- If fainting (failure) leads us to crying, it is better than the strength of the mighty.

So, never forget, because of Christ we are accounted worthy. Worthy to be in His family, worthy to be used by Him, worthy to suffer and die for Him. Why? Because we have been accounted worthy. Therefore, we are accounted.