I picked a magazine from off the pavement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I left home and headed for London at 16, it was late 60s and I wanted the bright lights. After a few years I found myself working as a department manager in a tough retail operation working long hours and rooming with some 30 other lads in a North London hostel, all junior managers. We were looked after by a housekeeper and two Swedish au-pair girls [oh dear]

Often I would work a 15 hour day and travelling 6 miles home by tube or bus I would arrive home totally bushed.

One day I picked up a gospel magazine from off the pavement, it was very colourful with photos and the banner was "God loves YOU, He wants to bless YOU" that's what had caught my eye. I soon discovered it was American and charted the ministry of T. L. Osborn and his wife Daisy.

I loved it and I ticked the box for more free copies.

MORE TO COME

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I left home and headed for London at 16, it was late 60s and I wanted the bright lights. After a few years I found myself working as a department manager in a tough retail operation working long hours and rooming with some 30 other lads in a North London hostel, all junior managers. We were looked after by a housekeeper and two Swedish au-pair girls [oh dear]

Often I would work a 15 hour day and travelling 6 miles home by tube or bus I would arrive home totally bushed.

One day I picked up a gospel magazine from off the pavement, it was very colourful with photos and the banner was "God loves YOU, He wants to bless YOU" that's what had caught my eye. I soon discovered it was American and charted the ministry of T. L. Osborn and his wife Daisy.

I loved it and I ticked the box for more free copies.

[give me a break mods with this 5 minutes rule]

I was eventually wonderfully saved through the testimony of that magazine.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That was a a very interesting account. When I was 14 I found a bible tract on the street and learned about salvation from the shed blood of Jesus dying on the cross for my sins. That little pamphlet changed my life.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Nothing posted in your second post :)
Thank you Gandalf, I posted more but it went into cyberspace because of the 5 minute rule.

I ticked the box for more free copies

The magazine was every 2 months shipped over from the USA so it would arrive anything between 6 to 10 weeks but I always KNEW on the exact day travelling home that it had come. One time I knew it had come but when I checked my mail box it wasn't there, I was so disappointed but after supper my mate burst into my room "sorry mate but I've been so intrigued with that magazine you've been getting that I borrowed it to read, hope you don't mind".

Now I loved the sermons and articles but there were also reports of miracles which made me cross, why would they spoil such a good magazine with nonsense like that?

One day I read the testimony of Juan Santos, a poor beggar from Puerto Rico who had been hopelessly crippled for 16 years but he was miraculously healed at one of the meetings, what a story! and I believed it, then I believed ALL the stories and I understood for the first time that scripture I had read many times, "Jesus Christ the SAME, yesterday and today and forever." I came ALIVE inside. The next morning I knelt to receive Christ as my Lord. I made so much noise jumping and clapping and shouting "hooray Jesus" my neighbour came running, she thought something was happening.

I got saved.