I Really, Really Like My Bf/Gf!! But My Mom, Dad, Siblings, and Cat Really Don't...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hi Everybody!

Question: if you were dating someone your family/friends/gerbil didn't like, would you continue to date him or her?

If their family/friends/iguana didn't like YOU (but the person really did), would you just give up and end it?

Would it depend on the reasons why? Or how many member of the person's (or your own) posse was involved?

Having been there, done that... (and seeing as I'm still single, you can tell it didn't work out), I would love to hear your thoughts and stories!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Often it is not about hating but caring. As a parent there have been a few times where I did not want my child dating the person that they were. When you are not involved it is easyer to see those things that your child cannot. Being older has the benifit of wisdom. I can see those things that I would call red flags when my child cannot. So as my children grew I focused more on teaching them the warning signs then telling them whom to date. It has worked well except for a few berps here and there. I also taught my children to accept and love sooo sometimes they can be too forgiving. I would rather that they were more forgiving then Judgemental though. God bless, pickles

S

SamIam

More than likely i wouldnt like the person i was dating... so i couldnt blame my family if they didnt like um either........

J

Jennifleur

Well, I think it depends on the reason. But generally, your family and friends have your best interests at heart, and may see something about that person that you yourself don't see. And I'd at least hear them out, assuming they had a good reason for not liking the person I was dating.

M

MusicalMe

If my family doesn't like him, it's probably for good reason(s) that I come to realize later (i.e. no sense of humor). If his family doesn't like me, I can deal with it, as long as we don't have to see them very often - and they're at least polite. But if my cat doesn't like him, it's so over.

(For the record, I don't have a cat. Stupid allergies...)

Jan 12, 2009
My gerbiles opinion matters!!!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
My gerbiles opinion matters!!!
Well Chop, score one up for the gerbil.

My gerbil says he likes you... but my hamster is undecided. Hmm. Don't feel bad...the hamster has always been a little more on the conservative side... :)

Jan 12, 2009
My gerbil says he likes you... but my hamster is undecided. Hmm. Don't feel bad...the hamster has always been a little more on the conservative side... :)

Thats ok....I got a cat who says he can either make the hamster change his mind or make him mysteriously disappear

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Thats ok....I got a cat who says he can either make the hamster change his mind or make him mysteriously disappear

Which give me an idea for my next thread: "Would You Date a Guy With A (Gangsta) Cat Who Apparently Has Mobster Tendencies...?"