I Serve the God of…..

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cinder

Senior Member
Mar 26, 2014
4,924
3,192
113
A little something I wrote many years ago that is too long for the forums:

I serve the God of Adam; the one who comes to walk with me and talk with me. The one who covers my shame when I have failed and disobeyed.


I serve the God of Abraham; the one who chooses me from among the masses and sets me apart for himself. The one who calls me away from the comforts of home to give me a share in his kingdom.


I serve the God of Jacob; the one who confronts my crooked ways and breaks me. The one who grants me the blessing I beg for in my helplessness and changes my identity.


I serve the God of Joseph; the one who gives me his dreams for my life. The one who allows me to suffer injustice, but strengthens me in the midst of it. The one who comforts my heart when the dreams seem like they’ll never come true. The one who fulfills his promise to me and brings those who oppose me to bow at my feet.


I serve the God of Moses; the one who gives me favor in the halls of power. The one who calls me out of exile. The one who has the answer to my every concern. The one who raises me up to lead despite my inadequacies. The one who leads me through the desert to the life he has promised. The one who reveals himself and his ways to me so I might live.


I serve the God of Gideon. The one who calls me out of hiding and into the battle. The one who calls me to destroy the idols in my life. The one who asks me to do what is crazy so that I may know the sufficiency of his power, deliverance, and victory.


I serve the God of David. The one who raises me up from the lowest place. The one who teaches me to worship in the lonely hours. The one who gives me courage to face down enemies that leave others terrified. The one who guards my life and promises me his unfailing love forever.


I serve the God of Solomon. The one who grants wisdom.


I serve the God of Elijah. The one who answers my prayers. The one who commands me to challenge my enemies. The one who comforts me and lifts me up when I despair. The one who provides for my every need in desperate times.


I serve the God of Job. The one who remains hidden and reveals not his reasons but himself. The one whom I can trust even though he slay me.


I serve the God of Isaiah. The one who is high and lifted up, whose glory fills the earth. The one who removes my guilt and sends me with his message. The one who declares judgment on evil, and restoration for those he loves.


I serve the God of Daniel. The one who protects me in the land of the enemy. The one who rewards me for my faithfulness and reveals his secret plans to me.


I serve the God of Hosea. The one who is lovesick for his people and longs to restore them to himself no matter how many times they’ve turned away. The one who wounds that he might heal and leads me into the desert.


I serve the God of Jonah. The one who won’t let me run away. The one who loves my enemies every bit as much as he loves me. The God who cares.


I serve the God of Habakkuk. The one whose ways I can never understand. The one who steadies me and gives me joy and strength.


I serve the God revealed in Jesus. The one who turns the world on it head, asks the impossible, and promises the power to do it. The one who comes chasing after people. The one who comes to die and give his life away for others. The one who has conquered death and set his people free.


I serve the God of Peter. The one who calls me a rock and transforms me from impulsive pride to a vessel he can use.


I serve the God of Thomas. The one who is patient with my doubt and my lack of understanding.


I serve the God of Paul. The one who has confronted my self righteousness. The one who has laid hold of me irresistibly and compels me with his love. The one who reveals his grace in the midst of trials and pain.


I serve the God of John. The one who is love. The one who has made me his child. The one who promised to come back for me.


I serve Elohim- the creator. I serve El Elyon- the most high. I serve El Roi- the God who sees. I serve El Shaddai- the all sufficient one. I serve Adonai- my Lord and my master. I serve Jehovah Jireh- The Lord who provides. I serve Jehovah Rapha- The Lord who heals. I serve Jehovah Nissi- The Lord my banner. I serve Jehovah Mekoddishkem- the Lord who sanctifies me. I serve Jehovah Shalom- the Lord my peace. I serve Jehovah Sabaoth- The Lord of hosts. I serve Jehovah Raah- The Lord my shepherd. I serve Jehovah Tsidkenu- the Lord my righteousness. I serve Jehovah Shammah- the Lord who is there.