I sometimes am a horrible Christian

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Acr96

Member
Nov 11, 2015
99
0
0
I Have my days were I share Christ and tell others about him, but there are days like today were I feel so afraid too. Especially when I know someone around me is an atheist. I guess I am afraid of being mad fun of. I know in scripture it talks about denying Christ before others he will deny you. Is my lack of talking about him sometimes denying or be ashamed?
 
We all do sister but just remember its the way you live that preaches far louder than your words ever will, don't feel condemned, it's normal to have highs and lows, strong days and weak days




1 Peter 4:12-19 (KJV)

[SUP]12 [/SUP]Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
[SUP]13 [/SUP]But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
 
I understand what you are saying. Done it myself. I think praying daily for the Lord to send someone in your path makes it more
easy to do. Then you have an idea who he may want you to speak to.
 

Jesus didn't preach to atheist, so I doubt he expects you to either. "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you" (Matthew 7:6). Jesus called all who would listen, he didn't force feed those who had no interest. If your asked, then your expected to confess/profess what you believe and not deny him, because if someones asking, they're obviously expressing some interest. But the better part of wisdom says your not obligated to share Christ with those who would ridicule you. That's not denying him, its just not prudent to throw your testimony to non-believers :) "Do not speak to fools, for they will scorn your prudent words" (Proverbs 23:9. "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him" (Proverbs 26:4). jmo
 
Preaching the gospel is good but what brings people to Christ more often than not is the light you shine. Many people deep inside are unhappy they seek a reason to live so they pursue that promotion or more money or a more healthy way of living or that new car all the while not even realizing they are seeking God because that God shaped hole can be filled with things like money and such but cannot fill it completely.

Many wake up in the morning thinking I have to get up instead of I get to get up I have to go to work not I get to go to work. Before i was saved I noticed how Christians always seemed to have a bounce in their step I wasn't interested in their faith but I couldn't help but notice they seemed to have a reason to be alive and were more alive compared to everyone else.

Shining your light showing the heart of God and who he truly is makes people curious and wonder what makes you so happy why you seem to have more life in you and how you are able to remain so strong when everything is crashing down. The best witness of the gospel isn't preaching it but living it
 
It just means you are human. Maybe your instincts are telling you to spread Christs love through your actions, lead by example.
 
Taking into account your other thread, it sounds like you are caught up in legalism. Being a Christian is not about keeping the rules. It is about a relationship with Christ. And that means confessing your sins, but it also means knowing Jesus will never leave or forsake you.

The Kingdom of God is also not about feelings. It doesn't matter how you feel, what matters is what God has done through the death and resurrection of Christ.

And yes, we are all supposed to evangelise. But in order to do that, we need to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes that means not speaking. Have you ever thought of praying for salvation for these atheists, instead of thinking that their salvation rests on your shoulders? If God wants to save someone, he will bring many things and people into their lives till the harvest is ready. God is more than able to save people in ways we can't imagine.

My thought is you really need to trust God and his will for your life, instead of worrying what the consensus is on a topic. Part of the way we learn God's will is through reading scripture daily, and also in a systematic way. The other part of knowing God is prayer.

"There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1

Memorize the above verse, and when the enemy tells you that you are doing things wrong, or sinning, remember that only the Holy Spirit can show you how to obey God. It sounds to me like you are listening to the voice of the enemy, who is placing you under a burden you cannot keep.

Remember, God is in control. Get close to God, and you will not have these terrible feelings and accusations.