I surrender...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

Am I the only one who thinks we get a little too self-absorbed and whiney in the singles' threads sometimes? I caught myself doing that last night and made a choice to surrender that to the Lord this morning.

I've been deeply studying Matthew 25, which talks about the gifts the Lord has given us and His expectation that we USE those gifts for His glory. Not that we can earn His grace, only that if we say we love Him, we should be producing fruit. We are (or certainly should be) in the process of dying to self and growing in Him, so I want to spend more of my thought life on this rather than things over which I have no control.

I love my life. I have been blessed. But, for some reason, people seem to think my life isn't complete if I'm single and I've sort of listened to them a little too much recently. That stops now. It would be nice to have someone to share my life with, but it doesn't appear that now is the time for that. Each day has troubles of its own. Why add to that when we don't have to? :)

So.... anyone else want to surrender? :)

Descyple

Jun 7, 2010
Amen Julianna!!! I am in no way against relationships (or the active pursuit of them), but I surrendered my "singleness" to Jesus two years ago, and in all honesty my walk with Him has since been more beautifully blessed than the previous 18 years of my Christian life.

"The more our hearts are occupied with Him whose throne is in heaven, the more are our spirits elevated above the earth. The more our minds are engaged with the perfections of Him who is altogether lovely, the less will the things of time and sense have power to attracts us. The more we dwell in the secret place of the Most High, the less will the baubles of men charm us."
- A.W. Pink, The Life of Elijah, Chapter 34, pg 269

YouTube - All To Jesus I Surrender - Vineyard Music

J

Jullianna

People kept asking me why I was still single (after being widowed for 5 years) when I came back online about a year ago (Especially guys...I know, wierd, right???), so I thought there was something wrong with me and that maybe I should start looking in that direction. Why do so many people think we have to be married to be happy? And why did I listen??? I'm such a goofball...

I'm not saying I want to be alone forever and can certainly understand why others who ARE ready for that are actively pursuing relationships, but I've come to realize that it's just not for me right now. Seems like the Lord wants to do something else in my life and I want to see what THAT is instead. :) I told someone about a week ago that I felt the Lord was changing something in me. Guess this is it. I kinda like it. :) It's very freeing.

Love the quote too btw :)

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
This is her way of saying that she met a nice guy in Florida. ;)

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I'm surrendering too but, in a slightly different way. I've had it with the internet and people being more or less than they appear to be. It all feels like 200 shades of the same thing. I'm tired of seeing a bunch of people locally that only want to settle of whatever is convenient and I see the same thing on the internet too. I feel like anyone who is striving to be the best them that they can be, isn't concerned with whether or not they are single.

I feel like Jullianna in the fact that I'm done.

I think I'm going to move to Israel for all the wrong reasons, which for me just so happen to be the right reasons.

J

Jullianna

This is her way of saying that she met a nice guy in Florida. ;)
LOL!!!! Nope, but I did find a stuffed toy I'm getting pretty attached to. It understands me. :)

There are some pretty cute sailors down here though. But you know how THEY are! haha

J

Jullianna

I'm surrendering too but, in a slightly different way. I've had it with the internet and people being more or less than they appear to be. It all feels like 200 shades of the same thing. I'm tired of seeing a bunch of people locally that only want to settle of whatever is convenient and I see the same thing on the internet too. I feel like anyone who is striving to be the best them that they can be, isn't concerned with whether or not they are single.

I feel like Jullianna in the fact that I'm done.

I think I'm going to move to Israel for all the wrong reasons, which for me just so happen to be the right reasons.
It is so wierd that you should say this. In a good way. :) I had a fleeting thought on Wednesday about becoming an officer down here, and after I'd checked the place out a little more I thought, "Oh no...that's nuts". But after today I'm thinking maybe it's NOT nuts. What a mission field it is and I'd be right in the middle of the worst of it

I think when we get more excited about such thoughts than we do about meeting someone, it speaks volumes. :)

And I have to say that I think it would be amazing to live in Israel. It was the place I picked in the "If you could go anywhere..." thread. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
See Jullianna,

I wish that I could be more like YOU! :) You're so calm, reassuring, and wise (and you have a presence that resonates online--whenever I read your posts or hear you in chat, I can FEEL that peace reaching out to my own spirit).

I TRY to surrender, but I have this really bad habit of kicking and screaming along the way. I pretty much surrender only after all the fight has been pulled out of me. I'm TRYING to learn, though!!! It's just taking a while.

But in the meantime, God basically has to use a bit spiritual taser on me--multiple times--to get me to fall to the ground... and then tase me a few more times to get me listen to what He's saying!! It's all my own fault though! And I AM trying to get better.

J

Jullianna

Seoulsearch, you are such a blessing to me and so many others JUST THE WAY YOU ARE. I truly believe God has amazing things in store for you. DON'T let go of your dreams. I sense in your words how much you want a family, and with all of my heart I think that will come to you. You have so much love to give. :)

p.s. - I think we've all probably done our share of kicking and screaming in one form or another! haha

Aug 2, 2009
I stopped whining about being single long ago. It was the same time I realized that I may never get married or have kids. Then I heard this guy on the radio who one of my coworkers loved listening to because he talks about how "stupid" marriage and relationships are and how its smarter to remain single. I didn't buy all he was saying but it made me realize that marriage really isn't the wonderful, birds singing-in-the-air, lovey dovey cure-all to loneliness that many frustrated singles think it is, and so I believe I am seeing it from both sides now (like the song by Joni Mitchell) and I am neither frustrated or feel rushed to marry but still want to find a wife to share my life with (but NOT because I need a cure for loneliness).

Last edited:
J

JoshuaInPA

Hi!
I'm single as well. I can relate- many people think that I have to be with somebody. I am very happy with only my doggy. I'm sure God has other plans and I am certainly patient enough to wait!