I think I’m gay

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Locoponydirtman

Yesterday I went on a chat online and spoke with a guy called bob, I’m really confused is it wrong to be gay?
I like your pseudonym, because it's true of all.
Your profile says you are unsure of your faith. Either you believe or you do not. If you are unsure of whether you believe or not it's because you want to resist believing.
As for being Gay I don't know what this has to do with a conversation, but I will say this. We all struggle with some besetting sin, if someone says otherwise they are likely struggling with their honesty. So what is different about struggling with homosexuality and other lusts? The truth is nothing, it's our fleshly desire to fulfill gratification. It's still sin just as adultery, fornication, theft, and so on and so forth. So what do we do? We pray we study, we avoid things that cause temptation, and we keep ourselves busy doing healthy stuff productive to our lives and spiritual growth. Sin is sin and we war against it, and that is our cross to bear. Yes it sucks and yes it can be very difficult at times, but God does often deliver us from such temptations. Sometimes we have to run like Joseph did.

S

Susanna

Don't misrepresent me.. That is dishonest.. bearing false witness will get you nowhere..

I have stated this many times before on this site:: Salvation is by believing God and Trusting in the Way God has made for us to be saved.. Works do not save..

Believing God entails believing that the sexual act of homosexuality is an abomination to God.. Thus it is a transgression against His will..

People are saved when they do not resist the Word of God but accept ALL His Will.. They must believe God to be followers of the actual God of all existence..

Don't put words into my mouth.. I never claimed to be sinless.. Never..

If one does not believe God ( which is demonstrated by them not believing that the homosexual act is a transgression against the will of God) then they are in fact Not following God and thus they cannot be forgiven a sin that they have not repented of.. If a person claims that homosexuality is ok and not sin they cannot ask for the Atonement God provided through the LORD Jesus Christ.. Thus they will have to personally pay the penalty for that sin which will be eternity in the Lake of Fire..

If you do not believe God but are believing in an Idol god that is a pro gay pride god then yeah you are ineligible for the grace that can only be had by believing the actual God of creation who grants grace to those who believe Him and trust Him..
I think we’re done here.

Have a nice day.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the Bible does not have to mention lesbianism because God as already defined what a right sexual relationship is, One man and one women.
male and female, actually, not one man and one women.
there are plenty of instances in the bible where men have mutliple female partners, in the OT many men had more than one wife. not saying its right but that happened, and women did have a rough time of that.

I am just saying the Bible doesnt specifically mention lesbianism but it does mention men sleeping with each other as abomination, in leviticus, and also, incest as wrong too. with incest that is a man and a woman sleeping eith each other, and adultery and fornication are also one man and one woman as well...so maybe you need to read the Bible and get your definitions from there rather than make blanket statements.

In romans it does say same sex attraction is unnatural, but it goes the same for any lust the same as opposite sex lusting for each other and then killing any babies resulting from the union as well.

Jesus talked to a woman who had five husbands. he also merioned how divorce made peoples hearts hard, but there is also mention of young widows being a nuisance and how they were better to remarry.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
OP stop trying to steal the the girls soul whoever you are looking at online. that is wrong. Be happy with your own body, do not try and invade someone elses.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well technically adultery is one man and two or more women in marriage and fornication is just anything goes, so would probably include homosexuality in that. Fornication being wrong is mentioneed multiple times in the Bible, especially new Testament when so many gentiles indulged in they had to make a new rule saying new believers had to abstain.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Paul urges Timothy to flee youthful lusts and fornication.

OP fornication is a waste of time and not going to get you anywhere in life. God has better things for you.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
there are plenty of instances in the bible where men have mutliple female partners, in the OT many men had more than one wife. not saying its right but that happened, and women did have a rough time of that.

I am just saying the Bible doesnt specifically mention lesbianism but it does mention men sleeping with each other as abomination, in leviticus, and also, incest as wrong too. with incest that is a man and a woman sleeping eith each other, and adultery and fornication are also one man and one woman as well...so maybe you need to read the Bible and get your definitions from there rather than make blanket statements.

In romans it does say same sex attraction is unnatural, but it goes the same for any lust the same as opposite sex lusting for each other and then killing any babies resulting from the union as well.

Jesus talked to a woman who had five husbands. he also merioned how divorce made peoples hearts hard, but there is also mention of young widows being a nuisance and how they were better to remarry.
Incest is when a father has sex with his daughter, or a mother with her son. Brother and sister together, etc... As far as marriage and relationships are concerned, it is ONE man AND ONE woman. Not 2 men together, or 2 women together..

Homosexuality is wrong, period. The bible is VERY CLEAR on that.

CS1

May 23, 2012

wrong! and unbiblical

This is why those who see the word of God from humanistic and secular applications instead of the light and context from all scripture and what God thinks and have said about the topic.

To do so you must start where God created them, that being male and female.

Gen 1:26 God said let us make " MAN" from the very Start God gave male context know as " MAN"
Female is mentioned in verse 27 but that is past tense contextually FYI Moses is writing.

In Gen 2: 18 context to the female is being said. it is not good for "man" to be alone notices God did not say, male?
IN VERSE 22 OF CHApter 2 God said :
And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made a woman and brought her unto the man.

after doing so God presented Women to the man and HE said

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

This context of marriage has not changed and just because men had more than one wife or husband and spoken in the word of God does not mean God intended for man to do so. Jesus said to the Pharisees you have a paper of Divorce because of your hard hearts
BUT from the beginning, IT was not so!.

If one looks at the word God and says "the Bible doesn't specifically mention lesbianism" well it does not mention the word:

• abortion
  • child abuse
  • gang members
  • hell angels
  • or the KKK
Yet, I'm sure all of those are not praiseworthy things even if the word of God does not say " do not have an abortion".

CS1

May 23, 2012
Im not a troll I need advice
bye-bye and the sad thing is some here supported your foolishness too. They caused some of being hateful and bullying where are they now? This is why those who come to speak of such things are twisted and perverted. Laugh it up.

CS1

May 23, 2012
well technically adultery is one man and two or more women in marriage and fornication is just anything goes, so would probably include homosexuality in that. Fornication being wrong is mentioneed multiple times in the Bible, especially new Testament when so many gentiles indulged in they had to make a new rule saying new believers had to abstain.
if you are married having sex with just one person who is not your spouse is adultery doing it more than once does not change that.
Fornication is sex while not being married and the sex is an inner course in the Biblical sense anything else is :

• perversion
  • abomination
  • wickedness
  • worker of iniquity
those above create in the sinner mind acts that are ungodly

Apr 20, 2020
610E1220-DCDA-4B5A-ACED-1D967988D4B5.jpeg Only asked for advice and I got it but no need to be nasty now your all just getting in a sticky situation Over me asking something

S

Susanna

bye-bye and the sad thing is some here supported your foolishness too. They caused some of being hateful and bullying where are they now? This is why those who come to speak of such things are twisted and perverted. Laugh it up.
Exactly how many people are you turning away from sinful behavior with your attitude?

What good does it make using language like “twisted” and “perverted”?

How does condescending behavior put an end to a hazardous lifestyle?

I think we can both agree that the gay lifestyle is hazardous. Why do you not try being empathetic in your efforts to change the minds of the people engaging in this lifestyle? Why do you have to condemn them and by that hardening their hearts? Does condemnation ever help?

Status
Not open for further replies.