I think I blasemphy against the holy spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 20, 2016
I remember a few month ago that was very angry with God and testing him if he was real because at that time I was a new Christian and I was feeling a complete different person. I was kind of doubting God existence and I didn't know much about the bible and I attended church a few times. I remember blurting out something against the holy spirit when I was angry which I regret. At the moment I feel something different or thing change. I didn't know there was a sin. So far lately I haven't feel god in my presence or my holyspirt instead I keep on hearing my own voice of my head that I was going hell for committing that sin, I'm no longer save, or god isn't going to forgive me for that unforgiving sin or I will always feel guilty of that sin. I was thinking about going to back to my old life because I know that God will never forgive of that sin I committed and I will foreverly be lost.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You haven't blasphemed against God. That would only happen if you deny that God, Jesus and the holy spirit don't exist. Just repent and know that you are forgiven. Then move on and develop a better relationship with him. :)

U

Ugly

Salvation isn't a feeling. It's a knowing, that's what faith is all about. Believing, even when it doesn't seem like there is a reason to believe.
It may be possible that you suffer from OCD. That is a common symptom of OCD. An obsession with doubting your salvation.

Christ cried tears of blood out of fear of his death, was betrayed, denied, beaten beyond recognition, mocked, kicked, spit on, had a crown of thorn shoved onto his skill, forced to carry his own cross up a hill
, nails hammered into his wrists and feet, watched his family and friends weep over his abuse and murder, saw his few belongings being gambled over, suffered more mockery, when thirsty was given vinegar to drink, had to use his legs, pushing his feet down on the nails driven through them because if he didn't he would suffocate, died and rose from the dead. You really think he went through all of that to save you, only to decide not to forgive you?

Sometimes it's not God's forgiveness that we need, but forgiving ourselves. God can handle forgiving you, can you handle His forgiveness?

U

Ultimatum77

Unless you told the Holy Spirit to get out of your life or said the Holy Spirit was demonic (like the Pharisees who said Jesus was doing miracles via a demonic spirit), or your knew about salvation and knowingly turned to the dark side, then you haven't blasphemed the Holy Spirit....just my opinion.....

Feb 24, 2015
I remember a few month ago that was very angry with God
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is about calling a clear work of the Holy Spirit as in healing an individual to the praise of God something done by a demon, as an unforgivable sin.

Jesus emphasises we all get angry about the situation we are in and lash out against God or Jesus, but that is what sinners do all the time and is our state or rebellion. Jesus came to answer that feeling and set us free.

So understand Jesus died so that you might be forgiven for this rebellion. It is a process of working through these feelings and actions over time, and walking in faith, to know how determined and focused Jesus was in going to the cross and bearing our sin and hatred, and saying "Father forgive them because they do not know what they are doing."

We need this love applied day after day, for us to be transformed and changed, by walking after Jesus is obedience.
It is hard because we have times of falling out, of feeling bad, but applying faith is coming to the cross and repenting of our sin and asking for His forgiveness applied to our hearts. So just confess your rebellion and ask Jesus to forgive you and reassure with His peace. He will do this.

Peter

Feb 20, 2016
Unless you told the Holy Spirit to get out of your life or said the Holy Spirit was demonic (like the Pharisees who said Jesus was doing miracles via a demonic spirit), or your knew about salvation and knowingly turned to the dark side, then you haven't blasphemed the Holy Spirit....just my opinion.....
I think I said that........

C

coby

I think I said that........
Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter what you said. The fact that you're worried shows that the devil just attacks you with these lies. I called movements that were from God demonic out of ignorance. He forgave me. The pharisees willingly sinned and felt no guilt or remorse at all.

C

coby

When I was just saved and nuts in an outbreak of rage I on purpose told the Holy Spirit He was a devil to blaspheme Him so He would kill me because I couldn't get in the house. There was a spider in front of the door. As I said I was quite nuts then.
He forgave me.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
When I was just saved and nuts in an outbreak of rage I on purpose told the Holy Spirit He was a devil to blaspheme Him so He would kill me because I couldn't get in the house. There was a spider in front of the door. As I said I was quite nuts then.
He forgave me.

LOL, coby. No offense but I burst out laughing at the spider in front of the door. :eek: Technically it was the spider's fault you couldn't get into the house. ;) Not God's.. :)

C

coby

Just ask forgiveness for it and ask Him to fill you again.

Feb 24, 2015
Thought life. You would be amazed at the thoughts your brain can dream up and convince you that is what you think.
Just remember what matters is not the thoughts but the choices you make out of love.

Jesus loves you, just accept that love, and fill your mind with His words and promises. Soon you will hear the Lord speaking to you again.

Feb 20, 2016
QUOTE=PeterJens;2492581]Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is about calling a clear work of the Holy Spirit as in healing an individual to the praise of God something done by a demon, as an unforgivable sin.

Jesus emphasises we all get angry about the situation we are in and lash out against God or Jesus, but that is what sinners do all the time and is our state or rebellion. Jesus came to answer that feeling and set us free.

So understand Jesus died so that you might be forgiven for this rebellion. It is a process of working through these feelings and actions over time, and walking in faith, to know how determined and focused Jesus was in going to the cross and bearing our sin and hatred, and saying "Father forgive them because they do not know what they are doing."

We need this love applied day after day, for us to be transformed and changed, by walking after Jesus is obedience.
It is hard because we have times of falling out, of feeling bad, but applying faith is coming to the cross and repenting of our sin and asking for His forgiveness applied to our hearts. So just confess your rebellion and ask Jesus to forgive you and reassure with His peace. He will do this.

Peter[/QUOTE]

I don't really understand and I'm little bit confused isn't that considered be a unforgiving sin which lead to god always punishing that person for say something against the holy spirit or the person shall always feel guilty of that sin. I started to read online a few hour ago how some christian had blasemty against the holy spirit and they couldn't even no longer feel god present anymore which is starting to frightened me now....

Feb 24, 2015
I don't really understand and I'm little bit confused isn't that considered be a unforgiving sin which lead to god always punishing that person for say something against the holy spirit or the person shall always feel guilty of that sin. I started to read online a few hour ago how some christian had blasemty against the holy spirit and they couldn't even no longer feel god present anymore which is starting to frightened me now....
Simply forget what you thought and reacted. Focus on Jesus and what he did.

Jesus was addressing the pharisees who had seared their conscience, shut down any sense of guilt or debt to someone else. Jesus described them as coffins, dead on the inside. In this context he said those who then take the blessings of God and condemn a miracle right in front of them as a work of satan are totally lost.

Now you have not seen a miraculous healing in front of you, and then called it a work of satan.

What you have is conflicting thoughts. Take the teacher who you like but sets you homework that is difficult. Everyone feels resentment, and some swear under their breath at the teacher. We are the same with God, when we see how tough life is, and yet we would like it so much easier.

What will help you is to start thanking God for the good things you have in your life, for Jesus, for the cross, for friends and family. When I started doing this in my room, the Lord came and blessed me with His presence. So I suggest you do the same.

Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.
Matt 10:32

Praising the Lord, is confessing Him, proclaiming Him in your heart, acknowledging the work he has done there.
So take heart, and walk in the faith you have entered.

U

Ultimatum77

Hmm well the only one who would know is you soniablue, I would ask forgiveness from God but since you didn't share what you said against the Holy Spirit so to speak only you and God know....From the sound of it I think if you repent, pray and get right with God you will be all right....just draw close to God and be earnest in repentance....now if you called on satan...after being saved....your screwed....because that is the ultimate slap in the face to God.....

But remember....our emotions can deceive us at times...after all the Bible says the heart is deceptive who can know it? You may not feel God is close because of the guilt associated with cussing out God so to speak...but He's there....just spend some time with Him and I think you will feel better emotionally and spiritually and be able to move forward....

Last edited:
W

watchmanmichael

Soniablue, Only God can judge, and I don't want to make light of sins that proceed out of our mouths. There are many passages that talk about the difficulties of controlling what comes out of our mouth. Learning to keep my mouth shut is something I still struggle with. But I wanted to share with you another perspective and some scripture that I hope helps.
The Pharisee's/Saducees witnessed the gospel in the life of Christ and still denied the work of the Holy Spirit. For 3 or so years they witnessed works that most of us won't see in this life time. It sounds to me like they continually rejected the Holy Spirit and never repented.The phrase " The fear of the Lord " is in scripture so many times, and it appears you now have it. Having the fear of possibly losing salvation should make you hungry to find out the truth of God's word if you truly want to live for Him.
Don't put your trust in anybody in here including myself. Pray and read scripture. Ask yourself if there is anything in your life that you could not turn your back on to serve the one true Elohim. I've learned "the hard way", when you truly KNOW that the God of scripture exist, nothing in this life matters but a relationship with The Almighty. Christ said "strive" to enter the narrow gate, but He also promised His yoke would be easy. Christ said take up your cross and follow Him, but He also promised to be there with you. Here's a few passages I hope will bring you some hope and give you hunger to seek after God and His righteousness through His Son.

[SUP]Proverbs 21:23 [/SUP]He who guards his mouth and his tongue,
Guards his soul from troubles.

Proverbs 24:12 If you say, “See, we did not know this,”
Does He not consider it who weighs the hearts?
And does He not know it who keeps your soul?
And will He not render to man according to his work?

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

Ezekiel 33:11 Say to them, ‘As I live!’ declares the Lord God, ‘I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?’

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Feb 20, 2016
Thanks u guys so much for the advice. I appreciated. So far I'm having struggle in having relationship God and doubting his existence.

W

watchmanmichael

Thanks u guys so much for the advice. I appreciated. So far I'm having struggle in having relationship God and doubting his existence.
soniablue, the scripture says 1 Timothy 4:1
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,

Revelation 14:12-13(NASB)
12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

Sonia, There is one true God who created the Heavens and the earth. He is loving, righteous, jealous, and holy. Everything in this world will try to distract you from that truth. Question what you have going on in your life, whether it brings glory to God or not. I realize I'm just a screen name, but I tell you the truth: I've had an experience that confirms He exists. And there is no greater treasure or blessing than a relationship with the one true God through His son Yeshua. I would pray for wisdom, discernment, a hunger for His word, and to open your eyes to the truth.

Feb 20, 2016
Question what you have going on in your life,
Well.... Lately I been having suicide thought and I was also thinking about changing my own gender since I'm not happy being born as a female.

Last edited:
W

watchmanmichael

Sonia, I invite you to read the first 5 books of the Bible. Before each reading, pray for the Almighty to give you understanding. I believe the first 5 books show just how holy the Almighty is, and how He views sin. If we truly believe in the Elohim of these passages, we then understand why we need a savior in Christ. God is a loving God, but He is a righteous, holy God who is jealous for us. If you understand the first 5 books, the gospels make more sense. Nobody comes to the Father but through His Son, and nobody is counted righteous in the eyes of God but through Jesus. The only change in anybody's life that is going to bring true peace and happiness, is the change that the Holy Spirit provides to those who are in Christ. Change your heart, not your gender. Sonia, I will pray for you.

EarsToHear

Jan 14, 2016
Do you believe that Christ forgives sins? If so, repent (ask for forgiveness). Then, never ask Him to forgive that sin again. To do so doubts God’s promises. He’s “forgotten it”; however, you’ll remember, so that you do not do it again.

Your problem seems to be forgiving yourself.

HalleluYAH - praise ye the LORD!