I think I blasemphy against the holy spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

ServantStrike

I think I said that........
This is a long post because I struggled with this exact issue when I came to Christ and I'd love to help a new believer feel secure in her salvation :)
John 10:28-30 should be of tremendous comfort
[SUP]28 [/SUP]And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

[SUP]30 [/SUP]I and my Father are one.

When you accepted Christ, you made an irreversible decision, and Christ will never let you go.

When I first got saved, I struggled a lot with the issue of wondering how I could have been so joyful to have been saved, yet still have thoughts that were so hostile to Christ.

And I'm not exaggerating when I say that some of those thoughts were worse than anything I had ever felt previously. Part of this was due to my nature as I am a bit obsessive at times (sometimes it's a good character trait, and it's a good thing when it comes to Christ). I also believe that some of this was due to outside influence. Satan can and will tempt us, and part of that could also be in the form of trying to convince us to change our position on Christ.

As my pastor put it once, if you're worried you may have committed the unpardonable sin, then you really couldn't have done it. God doesn't leave you once you're saved, and if you're concerned about it, it shows that you're sensitive to trying to please him - not something a blasphemer would do.

M

mrdesire

I remember a few month ago that was very angry with God and testing him if he was real because at that time I was a new Christian and I was feeling a complete different person. I was kind of doubting God existence and I didn't know much about the bible and I attended church a few times. I remember blurting out something against the holy spirit when I was angry which I regret. At the moment I feel something different or thing change. I didn't know there was a sin. So far lately I haven't feel god in my presence or my holyspirt instead I keep on hearing my own voice of my head that I was going hell for committing that sin, I'm no longer save, or god isn't going to forgive me for that unforgiving sin or I will always feel guilty of that sin. I was thinking about going to back to my old life because I know that God will never forgive of that sin I committed and I will foreverly be lost.
Is your heart dead? Then no you haven't blaspheme the spirit of God

C

Chuckt

Last edited:

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
We know that God is a loving and forgiving God, yes? So, why would He possibly name a sin that He wouldn't forgive? The answer: He didn't.

Essentially, blasphemy against Holy Spirit is the continued refusal to accept Christ into your life. Consider that Peter denied that he knew Christ three times and after the third, Christ was able to look at him, which means Peter denied Him and cursed within His hearing. Yet, when Jesus rose again, He purposely sought out Peter, yes? He told the disciples to not forget to get Peter. Jesus and Peter had a conversation on the shore that no one was party to.

So, how is it that there is an unforgivable sin? Realize that if Judas hadn't hung himself, he, too, would have been offered forgiveness. The only unforgivable sin is the sin you never repent of. So, blasphemy of Holy Spirit is refusing Holy Spirit and Christ access to your life constantly and steadily through the point of your death. Dying in your sin, without Christ, is unforgivable because you refused the forgiveness offered and never sought it. The Bible is full of people who got mad at God, in the Old Testament and the New, and they were forgiven upon repenting and moving forward. Do not let the devil cast fear, doubt, and shame into your life. If you are seeking God, desiring Him, keeping His word, and have accepted Christ as your Savior, not continuing in sin, but seeking to be like Him, you are not guilty of blaspheming Holy Spirit.

M

matt11111

I definitely struggled a lot with thinking i blastphemed the holy spirit, what I think it actually is when someone denys the holy spirit like the pharisees when jesus did the miracle, by denying the holy spirit you're not accepting jesus but when you actually do accept him thats when you can be forgiven. this is my opinion on it.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
My answer:::
Aslong as your tripping and scared and worried of you doing/did it.you prob didnt do it because only people that dispise the holy spirit do it and they dont fear God and dont have a concience.
The enemy uses this trick often to scare us. I dont think theres many christians it didnt happen too.
God bless you my dear your safe. and if it came in your thoughts, it wasnt yours

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I remember a few month ago that was very angry with God and testing him if he was real because at that time I was a new Christian and I was feeling a complete different person. I was kind of doubting God existence and I didn't know much about the bible and I attended church a few times. I remember blurting out something against the holy spirit when I was angry which I regret. At the moment I feel something different or thing change. I didn't know there was a sin. So far lately I haven't feel god in my presence or my holyspirt instead I keep on hearing my own voice of my head that I was going hell for committing that sin, I'm no longer save, or god isn't going to forgive me for that unforgiving sin or I will always feel guilty of that sin. I was thinking about going to back to my old life because I know that God will never forgive of that sin I committed and I will foreverly be lost.
Blashemy against God's Spirit can only occur knowingly and willingly, such as doubting God's forgiveness, which is the same as saying He is a liar. What you probably felt was a demonic attack when you spoke against God, which was allowed by God to help you to learn to trust Him and rely on Him. The only unforgiveable offense in this world is rejecting God with no feelings of guilt or regret. The fact that you were worried about it, is evidence that the Holy Spirit was convicting your heart of sin. The spirit of conviction is of God's Spirit to lead us back to God. The spirit of condemnation is a deceiving spirit from the devil, meant to drive people to despair and to think that God will not forgive them. Reject it. it is a lying spirit. Give it all to God and let Him discern. He is the only One Who has authority to justify or condemn-- not lying, deceiving spirits. Neither do our own minds or hearts have authority to justify or condemn as the Apostle John taught in saying, "If our own heart condemns us, God is greater than our hearts, and knows all things."

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
The Blood of Christ and his perfect divine offering is greater than any sins, which become as drops in the ocean compared to God's great Mercy. Sometimes soldiers will think they can't be forgiven for killing other soldiers or civilians in war. This is not true. God wants to save anyone who turns to Him as it is written, "all who call upon the name of the LORD, shall be saved." Give it to Him and let Him decide. Then back up your decision with actions of lovingkindness.

B

Breanna

Hello there Soniablue ! here is what some one told me just a couple of weeks a go ,Concerning the sin against the Holy Spirit, :eek: FALSE! ABSOLUTELY FALSE! The fact that you're concerned about your sin shows that you haven't committed it! A person today cannot commit that sin. It was a sin unique only to the time of the Lord Jesus, committed by Israel and its leaders. Do not let the Enemy rob you of your joy, your salvation, or your position in Christ. Rejoice in this truth, believe it, you have NOT committed the unpardonable sin. There is not one sin that Jesus hasn't paid for, including the unpardonable sin. As the chorus says, "Every sin had to go, beneath the crimson flow, hallelujah! Rolled away, rolled away, rolled away, every burden of my heart is rolled away!" Let's start here, today, that you will reject his lies to you about the following:1. That you're bound for Hell. That's FALSE. When Jesus saved you, Brian, He saved you for eternity. He gave you Eternal Life. Commit these Scriptures to memory John 3:16, 17; John 17:3; 1 John 5:11-13. Write it down, "I, Brian Adams, gave my life to Jesus Christ as my Savior on __________________. Write the date there. When Satan tempts you to believe that you are going to Hell, reject his lie, "submit to God, resist the Devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7). Remind yourself that your commitment to Jesus Christ is for a lifetime and for eternity. He hasn't left you, even though you may have left off living for Him for a time .

B

Breanna

Hello there ServantStrick , Are you sure that Christ will never let anyone go , i feel a lot of times that i won't make it for some reason , i think of what Jesus said once , ( not all who says LORD, LORD , will enter the kingdom of heaven .

J

JustWhoIAm

Relevant somehow, it seems. Will share:

Zechariah 8:7-19 -

“This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: You can be sure that I will rescue my people from the east and from the west. I will bring them home again to live safely in Jerusalem. They will be my people, and I will be faithful and just toward them as their God.

“This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: Be strong and finish the task! Ever since the laying of the foundation of the Temple of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, you have heard what the prophets have been saying about completing the building. Before the work on the Temple began, there were no jobs and no money to hire people or animals. No traveler was safe from the enemy, for there were enemies on all sides. I had turned everyone against each other.

“But now I will not treat the remnant of my people as I treated them before, says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. For I am planting seeds of peace and prosperity among you. The grapevines will be heavy with fruit. The earth will produce its crops, and the heavens will release the dew. Once more I will cause the remnant in Judah and Israel to inherit these blessings. Among the other nations, Judah and Israel became symbols of a cursed nation. But no longer! Now I will rescue you and make you both a symbol and a source of blessing. So don’t be afraid. Be strong, and get on with rebuilding the Temple!

“For this is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: I was determined to punish you when your ancestors angered me, and I did not change my mind, says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. But now I am determined to bless Jerusalem and the people of Judah. So don’t be afraid. But this is what you must do: Tell the truth to each other. Render verdicts in your courts that are just and that lead to peace. Don’t scheme against each other. Stop your love of telling lies that you swear are the truth. I hate all these things, says the Lord.”

Here is another message that came to me from the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: The traditional fasts and times of mourning you have kept in early summer, midsummer, autumn, and winter are now ended. They will become festivals of joy and celebration for the people of Judah. So love truth and peace."

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Breanna

Hell there Soniablue i don't mind sharing this with anyone this is all most what i did , Well i will tell you what i all most did and here is why i have not work in over a year . Ok since i have been backsliding and fell deep in sin is this . I got into a bad bunch of people and got talking to them about transgender . So i though it was neat .So i got rid of all my mans clothing and bought nothing but womens clothing , skirts , dresses , stockings , shoes , bars , panties , garter belts . So i went as far as legally changed my name to BREANNA LAURA ADAMS . But my birth name is BRIAN OSWALD ADAMS . So running around dressed as a women all summer looking for work . So i was going to go on hormones to change my looks and even wanted a .S.R.S. . Wow , so then i didn't feel a tug at my heart , but the though of 930 am the light keeped running through my mind for about a month so finely i tuned in and started listening again and came back to CHRIST .What a big mistake and that is why i am in a lot of trouble not only on earth but with GOD . I read in the bible were it is an abomination onto the LORD OUR GOD . I am glad i was stopped before i got to far as in taking hormones . So i have made so many friends the wrong way and a lot of people would stop to talk to me . I was having a lot of fun the wrong way and now trying to make it right with GOD . But as soon as i can get a job i will get my name changed back to what i should be . I have fallen so much in shame so here is another thing i think now is now i want to tell people about Christ i can't as they see me as a joke and would not believe me any ways .

My name is Brian Adams so i got my call to go on hormones but i told them that i was changing back , and i too wanted to take my life and sad to say i still do cause i just keep on sining and i am so tired of it i want to die so i don't sin no more against God i really hate my self some times .

God bless . Brian . :confused:

B

Breanna

Well.... Lately I been having suicide thought and I was also thinking about changing my own gender since I'm not happy being born as a female.

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] Well i will tell you what i all most did and here is why i have not work in over a year . Ok since i have been backsliding and fell deep in sin is this . I got into a bad bunch of people and got talking to them about transgender . So i though it was neat .So i got rid of all my mans clothing and bought nothing but womens clothing , skirts , dresses , stockings , shoes , bars , panties garter belts , earrings , jurley , . So i went as far as legally changed my name to BREANNA LAURA ADAMS . But my birth name is BRIAN OSWALD ADAMS . So running around dressed as a women all summer looking for work . So i was going to go on hormones to change my looks and even wanted a .S.R.S. . Wow , so then i didn't feel a tug at my heart , but the though of 930 am the light keeped running through my mind for about a month so finely i tuned in and started listening again and came back to CHRIST .What a big mistake and that is why i am in a lot of trouble not only on earth but with GOD . I read in the bible were it is an abomination onto the LORD OUR GOD . I am glad i was stopped before i got to far as in taking [/FONT] hormones . So i have made so many friends the wrong way and a lot of people would stop to talk to me . I was having a lot of fun the wrong way and now trying to make it right with GOD . But as soon as i can get a job i will get my name changed back to what i should be . I have fallen so much in shame so here is another thing i think now is now i want to tell people about Christ i can't as they see me as a joke and would not believe me any ways .

My name is Brian Adams , and i still think about taking my life because of my sins against God .

God bless . :confused:
Well i will tell you what i all most did and here is why i have not work in over a year . Ok since i have been backsliding and fell deep in sin is this . I got into a bad bunch of people and got talking to them about transgender . So i though it was neat .So i got rid of all my mans clothing and bought nothing but womens clothing , skirts , dresses , stockings , shoes , you name it i had it . So i went as far as legally changed my name to BREANNA LAURA ADAMS . But my birth name is BRIAN OSWALD ADAMS . So running around dressed as a women all summer looking for work . So i was going to go on hormones to change my looks and even wanted a .S.R.S. . Wow , so then i didn't feel a tug at my heart , but the though of 930 am the light keeped running through my mind for about a month so finely i tuned in and started listening again and came back to CHRIST .What a big mistake and that is why i am in a lot of trouble not only on earth but with GOD . I read in the bible were it is an abomination onto the LORD OUR GOD . I am glad i was stopped before i got to far as in taking hormones . So i have made so many friends the wrong way and a lot of people would stop to talk to me . I was having a lot of fun the wrong way and now trying to make it right with GOD . But as soon as i can get a job i will get my name changed back to what i should be . I have fallen so much in shame so here is another thing i think now is now i want to tell people about Christ i can't as they see me as a joke and would not believe me any ways .

Feb 20, 2016
I cant feel the lord presence anymore. I know that Im condeem and wont go to heaven. Since I actually did blasempy the holy spirit by saying it that work of the devil and satan. It been 1 years already my heart hasnt change at all or no longer seem to be intrest seeking the lord presence. Perhaps I am guilty forever. After all blasempy happen to be a unpardonable sin which the lord himself said there no forgivness.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Sonia, the fact that you're concerned about having blasphemed (which you didn't, btw) is a sign that you haven't blasphemed. The ONLY way to blaspheme God is to deny that Jesus existed/ exists. You haven't done that. :) God knows your heart, never doubt that. Now stop worrying..

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
The unpardonable sin is denying Jesus Christ. Not calling His work, of the devil.

Feb 24, 2015
The unpardonable sin is denying Jesus Christ. Not calling His work, of the devil.
This is not Jesus's definition.

And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
Luke 12:10

Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”
30 He said this because they were saying, “He has an impure spirit.”
Mark 3:28-30

Be very careful how you speak about the Holy Spirit and His work.
Just remember we have a tendency to take sides and judge without
consideration. The Holy Spirit will help guide you to the truth in
right judgement.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Peter, blaspheming is denying that Jesus ever existed. That's the definition I learned, anyhow..

Feb 20, 2016
This is not Jesus's definition.

And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
Luke 12:10

Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”
30 He said this because they were saying, “He has an impure spirit.”
Mark 3:28-30

Be very careful how you speak about the Holy Spirit and His work.
Just remember we have a tendency to take sides and judge without
consideration. The Holy Spirit will help guide you to the truth in
right judgement.
I agreee
Im dont even have the desire in following god footstep anymore. So far Im thinking that Im bi transgender or lesbian since Im starting to support and like LGBT people. While trying to live a normal teen life like people in the world. Im starting to feel more relaxed and having fun not worried about God or death anymore which I notice that Im no longer feel intense anymore

Feb 24, 2015
I agreee
Im dont even have the desire in following god footstep anymore. So far Im thinking that Im bi transgender or lesbian since Im starting to support and like LGBT people. While trying to live a normal teen life like people in the world. Im starting to feel more relaxed and having fun not worried about God or death anymore which I notice that Im no longer feel intense anymore
Intimacy and identity are important aspects of life.
Jesus does address them, but it can be a mistake to get too confused
about how you see yourself and how others see you. You define those
things not society.