I want to die so that I can live

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

deadtalk

I think I'll be very open in this post. The truth is I am absolutely sick of me. I'm sick of working so hard and then in a moment, making a mistake opening myself up to such guilt and shame presented by by our dear and truly hated satan and his.

I decided to get more real with God on the 10th of April of this year, holding nothing back. While I still find it difficult to imagine a life free of the bindings I've known for so long, I do look foward to such a life in hope.

On the 12th, I got locked up on a probation violation. My wife helped to make sure that I recieved some time served that wasn't counted, hence here I am only three weeks later. But what an awesome three weeks, so many distractions, so many convienant means to sin, so much time to spend and to be encouraged in the Lord. Daily having fellowship with those sent in by God and within groups with other believers amongst the inmates.

Being strengthened and quickened in my spirit, yet so easily led astray within only a day by the lusts of the flesh. How discouraging! Heartbreaking even! And after giving into to one sin, a temptation arose within me to join into another. I don't imagine it would stop there either.

Do not be mistaken, I haven't written this in a search for pity or a 'it's gonna be ok'. But I write this rather as an encouragement. I wanted to repent but the emotion wasn't there. The tears weren't there. Sadness wasn't there. Just defeat and hopelessness. And in my defeat and hopelessness, I did repent to God. As always he was faithful, despite my unfaithfulness.

Prayer...being real with God, a time of worship...a time of repentance...despite the emotion...but rather out of faith...out of a restored hope, as I find myself as often times forced to hope in Him. I will not lie down.

satan, I still have no part with you, while I did sin...I did also repent...And my God, oh yes thank Jesus for the way, my God is faithful and just to forgive. I'm clean again...I am made new! And I will keep pressing foward. Glory be to God for picking up my fallen spirit and once again lifting me up on high.

I pray that I remember all the times of my failures, for my failures to out to be God's victories. And that may bring about a hope in me for my future as well as compassion for those that stumble upon the path and love rather than judgement.

From feeling broken to being lifted up, just a mere story of a mere man who sinned and was redeemed by God. I do hope you find encouragement in the Lord. He is faithful and He does love you in spite of you.

D

dmdave17

Dear deadtalk,

This is the true beauty of Christ's sacrifice for us. Unlike your parole violation, which required you to serve more time, [FONT=&quot]"any and every sin we’ve ever committed or will commit has been fully prosecuted in Christ on the cross. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]As far as the penalty for violating God's law is concerned, Jesus’ death places us in the wonderful position of being exempt from eternal punishment."

God bless you and keep you.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

K

KezE

Thank you for sharing your story Deadtalk! If we could learn to be more vulnerable & real with each other, we could do so much more to help one another.
I don't think there is anyone who can't relate to Paul's struggle in doing what we don't want to do & not going what we do want to do. But every time I get it wrong, I simply go back to the cross & ask for forgiveness. God is not a man & He does not tire of us. But He does see straight into the heart & we cannot fool Him. If your heart is truly repentant He is faithful to forgive every time. It is not the nature of the sin that is the issue but rather the state of our hearts! King David is a powerful example of this. After all his sin, God was able to call him "a man after my own heart'.
However, even though there is forgiveness, there are always natural consequences to sin that we need to face.