I want to rededicate my life to Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 14, 2021
over the past few months I have strayed far off the straight and narrow path. Earlier in the year i had tried to form a relation ship with God, but in the process I had some self riotousness that I was trying to deny. And it lead to me becoming selfish. In other words I was trying to make the decisions, and I was trying to pick and choose how I should act and what i should do.

As you can probably guess this did not work out. so, then i got really depressed and kind of quit trying and began to try and ignore God. I started to hang out with a rough crowd and things got worse.

However, today has been different. Today I was able to see just how far I have strayed, and I listened to a Christian podcast I used to listen to and it was amazing. I also realized that I probably shouldn't be hanging around the people that i have been. Anyways, I feel like God is calling out to me and my answer is yes. I am ready to surrender to God, and to be a listener, a follower, and a servant to him.

So, what do i need to do (church wise) now. On Sunday am i supposed to tell someone at church or what?

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"My child, come close to words before you. I commend you for wanting to put your life on track with God!
You, and many others...( especially of your age generation ) will be subjected to untold discrepancies pertaining
to God, and living a life accordingly...be cautious and know this is not meant to be easy, and told different should
be a warning to proceed with caution.

It is wise to get a grip on the difference between spiritual and worldly, and to know finding harmony shall
be a great challenge...believe it! My spiritual journey started over two decades ago, by the grace of God.
And, I have shared much within these pages, of which I hope may help shed some 'light'.

I would suggest, if at all possible, get involved with young 'Christians' wherever possible, be it local or otherwise...
I believe, hopefully this type of interaction will enhance your endeavor to better have God in your life, and serve Him well."

56bc6e0ba935a_Serenity-Copy(8)-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy-Copy_jpg...jpg

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
over the past few months I have strayed far off the straight and narrow path. Earlier in the year i had tried to form a relation ship with God, but in the process I had some self riotousness that I was trying to deny. And it lead to me becoming selfish. In other words I was trying to make the decisions, and I was trying to pick and choose how I should act and what i should do.

As you can probably guess this did not work out. so, then i got really depressed and kind of quit trying and began to try and ignore God. I started to hang out with a rough crowd and things got worse.

However, today has been different. Today I was able to see just how far I have strayed, and I listened to a Christian podcast I used to listen to and it was amazing. I also realized that I probably shouldn't be hanging around the people that i have been. Anyways, I feel like God is calling out to me and my answer is yes. I am ready to surrender to God, and to be a listener, a follower, and a servant to him.

So, what do i need to do (church wise) now. On Sunday am i supposed to tell someone at church or what?
Good question. Is this a church you've been to before? If so, it could be worth sharing. If not, let your new attitude do the talking for you. Once you are established in the right path, it may be time to testify. Keeping small and humble is always a good idea.

If you believe that you still need help, ask the Lord to show you someone you can trust. You have already been convicted. That's good. You don't need someone else to heap condemnation on you.

Jul 4, 2016
I think it is commendable for you to recommit your life to Jesus Christ. Have you talked about recommitting your life to Christ with your youth pastor?

Remember this: God loves you and has a great plan for your life. I encourage you to repent of your sins and pray for forgiveness of those sins. 1 John 1:9 states that if you confess your sins, God is faithful (that is, He can be counted on) to forgive you of your sins and to cleanse you of all (100%) unrighteousness.

By the way, your name "Josh" means "God is salvation".

Nov 13, 2021
I think it is commendable for you to recommit your life to Jesus Christ. Have you talked about recommitting your life to Christ with your youth pastor?

Remember this: God loves you and has a great plan for your life. I encourage you to repent of your sins and pray for forgiveness of those sins. 1 John 1:9 states that if you confess your sins, God is faithful (that is, He can be counted on) to forgive you of your sins and to cleanse you of all (100%) unrighteousness.

yeah it does say it bro in the lord

Jun 14, 2021

thank you for this. Im going to read that scripture aswell

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
@JoshlovesJesus Amen. Be of good courage and good cheer. May God guide your feet and may you be able to govern your life in the love of the Lord. 🎊

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021

You can...but likely you don't have an accountability partner that matters to you.
An accountability partner is usually someone older that you respect so much that you want to model your life after him. You like the guy and the life he leads.

It doesn't mean that he tells you what to eat for breakfast or what scripture to read and study. It means that you make decisions that mirror what he would do in your situation.

You have to decide who you want to be in the community you live in. A pillar or a sponge. You either hold up the community standards or are slowly eroding them. What sort of relationships do you have with the current pillars? Supportive or degrading?

Follower or leader?

But be careful...there's a pandemic out there...a LOT of people are sick at the moment and still showing up at public events.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Brother Josh, As you well know our normal surrounding have changed a great deal. By the way I loved your favorite verse in Eph, that whole chapter of redemption sure keeps us thankful even through we all will make mistakes. So now what can I as an elder of the Church help you to continue.

1. STAY in God's Word DAILY!!! If things were normal in the world I would say find a good Church,but things are not normal,so I would say find a few people you can study with,people who are like minded like yourself who really care about there position as a disciple in our Lord Jesus. Psalm 100 Best instruction I have found to keep my peace no matter what happens around me! Next Stay thankful!!!

( 1 Thess 5:18) This is not easy when things are so crazy around us,but remember brother we are not of this world!!!( John 17:14-16 and ( 1 Peter 2:11) You are wise to stick with people who encourage you in there words,stay away from people who always complain,because as you already well know words have great power,and can effect us if we allow them to!

One last point, let NO ONE take away your peace through of Lord!!!( Philp 4:7-9!!!) Plant this deep in your mindset!!! Now you are off and running brother,stay on course so that you can say the following!!( 2 Tim4:7-8) If the course was easy everyone would do it brother,but FEW will!! You have my prayers,and I have a great line to Jesus I am thankful to say! Peace always be with you brother!!