I WAS SURPRISED TO FIND ONE OF MY FORUM POSTS ONLINE OUTSIDE OF CHAT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jerusalem

does this happen often? has it happened to anyone else? are they used as publicity by christian chat for christian chat? this was quite a surprising discovery and i can't help wondering why i wasn't informed that this would or could happen and that i wasn't asked before it was used whether or not i would mind. it may not be illegal as internet privacy regulations are far less than desirable but it does seem unethical to me.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Christian Chat, like any other public forum is viewable by non-members. A simple Google search for a specific topic will potentially bring up numerous threads from a public forum.

For example: Google search 93 Dodge cummins fuel filter and the first site listed by Google is Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum with links to multiple threads. (I used this example because I am familiar with the site and they are also v-bulletin based)

You can pretty well figure that anything you put on the internet in a public forum is going to be publicly accessible to ANYONE.

U

Ugly

Yeah, think about it. When you open the CC site, before you log in, you are still able to read all the forum posts. So if you can do that, so can every other person on the internet. And if they can see it, they can copy it and paste it anywhere. I doubt that CC itself has done anything with your post.

D

dashadow

The lesson here: If you don't want the whole world knowing your feelings about a certain matter, don't post it. Welcome to the age of advanced technology. Just teasing friend. God Bless!

S

Siberian_Khatru

All things considered, I don't fully understand the misunderstanding. If you post in a public forum, is there a problem with your posts being visible to the outside public?

I'm not asking to be asinine, either. :)