I was wondering.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Often, many here speak to how we are called to correct each other.
I was thinking that this might be a good bible study.
Not just about correcion, but learning from scripture as to how we are to correct.
How we should speak to another when we believe they are sinning or need correction.
What should be in our heart when we do this.
Because if we are going to correct each other, it would be a good work to know how to do this, not just correcting, but knowing how to, as called to in Jesus Christ is Lord. :)
It might be good to learn when we are to wait on the Lord , instead of just correcting.
Also , how to encourage in correction as well.

Ive seen many scriptures that give examples and witness on how to do this.
So please share a scripture that speaks to how we are to correct and encourage in Jesus!
That we all may step forward in true understandng about this. :)

Ill begin :)
Gal.6:1-2
1 My brothers, if someone is detected in sin, you who live by the spirit should gently set him right, each of you trying to avoid falling into temptation yourself.
2 Help carry one another's burdens; in that way you will fullfill the law of Christ.

God bless :)
pickles

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Often, many here speak to how we are called to correct each other.
I was thinking that this might be a good bible study.
Not just about correcion, but learning from scripture as to how we are to correct.
How we should speak to another when we believe they are sinning or need correction.
What should be in our heart when we do this.
Because if we are going to correct each other, it would be a good work to know how to do this, not just correcting, but knowing how to, as called to in Jesus Christ is Lord. :)
It might be good to learn when we are to wait on the Lord , instead of just correcting.
Also , how to encourage in correction as well.

Ive seen many scriptures that give examples and witness on how to do this.
So please share a scripture that speaks to how we are to correct and encourage in Jesus!
That we all may step forward in true understandng about this. :)

Ill begin :)
Gal.6:1-2
1 My brothers, if someone is detected in sin, you who live by the spirit should gently set him right, each of you trying to avoid falling into temptation yourself.
2 Help carry one another's burdens; in that way you will fullfill the law of Christ.

pickles
You are so good to point out these important teachings. I believe we are to take a person aside to persuade him about any problem, whatever it may be. If at this point he will not take correction, then we are to bring other brethren to discuss the issue(s). If no satisfaction is reached at this point then it is to be brought up before the assembly. Personally I believe the true assembly of Jesus Christ is scattered at this time, so the latter is kind of out of the question. The important ingredient in the mix here is LOVE, the same love as containing all the law, the same love that is God. Without love, and it is detectable, one cannot make any progress in correcting a fellow in Christ. Pickles, you know all of this, but here I am anyway. God bless all in Jesus Christ and all who will come to Him, amen.

May 25, 2010
If we would all remember to have compassion (love) for one another, especially when there are differences of interpretation or doctrine, as if towards one decieved, instead of ridicule, we might well work together to find the Truth of all things. Unfortunately though, because there are serpents in the world, and even on this site, this will probably never be possible.

2 scriptures which immediately came to mind were Matt7:3 and Jn8:7.

'And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?'

'..., 'He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her'.

W

wwjd_kilden

Intersting topic Pickes.

^ Agree with above poster btw

- Many of those who correct others start off by saing "I never do that, it is of the devil (woe you for doing it) ", rather than giving some constructive advice for how to make a good alternative choice.

E

enochson

Interesting what did Jesus say to the jewish leaders of His time? I think it was "YOUR FATHER IS THE DEVIL"

C

cfultz3

I do not know if this is biblical or not, and if not, please correct me. But, as for me, when I see error, specifically, in mis-usage and downright convulsion of adding words to a verse, I first correct them as to what is said and to what that verse(s) applies to. Then, I ask them questions of what could be considered deductive reasoning. But, the funny thing about it, I have yet to receive any responses to any of my questions that I know of.

Example would be, AND THIS IS NOT MEANT TO START A CONVERSATION ABOUT SUCH: the Word is the beginning of God's creation. I would say, if the Word was there in the beginning with God, then how could the Word have been created? If "the Amen" and "The True and Faithful Witness" are names by which Jesus called Himself, then why wouldn't "...the beginning of God's creation", not mean as a name, "The Commencer of God's creation"? Which would agree to that all things was made trough the Word in John 1:3.

Is my way of correcting in Love? Do you see condemnation in what I say in my posts? Any suggestions?

W

wwjd_kilden

Interesting what did Jesus say to the jewish leaders of His time? I think it was "YOUR FATHER IS THE DEVIL"

Yes, but Jesus did not sin himself... what if someone preaching false doctrine says that to someone actually being obedient to thr word of God? Most people who shout corrections out loud see themself as more... correct... than others.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I like that you brought this up. :)
I was thinking about this as well. for when Jesus was very strong in His words of correction .
The one thing that stands out when Jesus did this was when He spoke this way, it was to the saduces and pharacies, who denyed who He was or used their position to abuse and condemn.
The other times were when He spoke to any that spoke against His father's will and truth, also when one was a demonic spirit.
What impressed me was that Jesus healed when He said your sins are forgiven, or healed the person then said go and sin no more.
This has spoken volumes, for He healed then forgave their sins.
This might be a lesson on how we are called to correct and forgive.

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Please understand, this posting is not about anyone doing wrong in correction, but so we may learn how we are called to do this in Jesus. :)
One thing to consider and know in this post.
Is this is not speaking against correction, but like all things we are called to in Jesus.
That we understand and learn from the scriptures how to do so, so that we are obedient in our witness.
That all we do is as unto the Lord.
That correction is about both the love of Jesus and the word spoken against the powers and principalities of evil.
The perpose of this thread is so we may learn through scripture how to do this as children of God.

Thankyou so much to those who have posted so far.
And please contiue to share the scriptures you know on this subject :)

In Jesus, God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I do not know if this is biblical or not, and if not, please correct me. But, as for me, when I see error, specifically, in mis-usage and downright convulsion of adding words to a verse, I first correct them as to what is said and to what that verse(s) applies to. Then, I ask them questions of what could be considered deductive reasoning. But, the funny thing about it, I have yet to receive any responses to any of my questions that I know of.

Example would be, AND THIS IS NOT MEANT TO START A CONVERSATION ABOUT SUCH: the Word is the beginning of God's creation. I would say, if the Word was there in the beginning with God, then how could the Word have been created? If "the Amen" and "The True and Faithful Witness" are names by which Jesus called Himself, then why wouldn't "...the beginning of God's creation", not mean as a name, "The Commencer of God's creation"? Which would agree to that all things was made trough the Word in John 1:3.

Is my way of correcting in Love? Do you see condemnation in what I say in my posts? Any suggestions?
I cannot say, because to answer this would involve judging your heart, and that I cannot do. :)
But if one is correcting in the love of Jesus, then they do so with love. :)
That is the reason for this posting, so we may all learn from the scriptures how and when to correct.

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Intersting topic Pickes.

^ Agree with above poster btw

- Many of those who correct others start off by saing "I never do that, it is of the devil (woe you for doing it) ", rather than giving some constructive advice for how to make a good alternative choice.
You have made a good point, how are we called to speak to another.
Instead of always pointing to a wrong, ask questions first, often I see many debating about what they agree on in Jesus, simply because of a miscomunication.
Good point, begin with encouragement, for it opens doors, instead of closing them . :)

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
If we would all remember to have compassion (love) for one another, especially when there are differences of interpretation or doctrine, as if towards one decieved, instead of ridicule, we might well work together to find the Truth of all things. Unfortunately though, because there are serpents in the world, and even on this site, this will probably never be possible.

'And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?'

I love these scriptures, keeps me humble. :)
I do wonder what Jesus wrote in the dirt when He spoke about the first stone. :)

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are so good to point out these important teachings. I believe we are to take a person aside to persuade him about any problem, whatever it may be. If at this point he will not take correction, then we are to bring other brethren to discuss the issue(s). If no satisfaction is reached at this point then it is to be brought up before the assembly. Personally I believe the true assembly of Jesus Christ is scattered at this time, so the latter is kind of out of the question. The important ingredient in the mix here is LOVE, the same love as containing all the law, the same love that is God. Without love, and it is detectable, one cannot make any progress in correcting a fellow in Christ. Pickles, you know all of this, but here I am anyway. God bless all in Jesus Christ and all who will come to Him, amen.
I have considered this scripture alot myself, as we are called to correct this way.
But one has to consider as well the witness given here, and an incorrect teaching is seen by many and should be corrected.
But. maby if one spoke privately first, asking that person to correct the mistake, rather than acusing or insulting.
Then the one who made the mistake will have the oppertunity to correct it themself, bringing both witness to truth and humility in Jesus.

pickles

Oct 22, 2011
I think at times that people are so deep rooted in their man made doctrine that even when the truth is before their very eyes they might never see nor understand. Therefore I believe it is better to pray for them that the Lord may remove the hardness from their heart that they may understand, and the blindness from their eyes that they may be able to see instead of getting into a heated debate with someone who is willing to put their man made doctrine before the truth.
After all, once you lead a horse to water it's up to him to drink.

In Christ, 1Christianwarrior316

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011

I think your last quote can be used wrong, if you are telling someone what the Bible says is against what they say or do etc... This quote can put people off, I mean none of us is trying to kill someone for sinning, because we know we are just as bad, but by grace we are saved.

So Yeshua our Messiah, meant that you all are sinners and have no right to use the law to stone the lady.
It does not mean we can't encourage and guide other people, as long as we are using scripture properly.

Scripture is not meant to cancel out other scripture, it gives a complete picture of all things that come to pass, and why people were no better than another to stone people for sinning.

Almighty Yahweh God knows a mans heart and soul, you cannot hide anything from him, though you can dupe and act in front of other men, Almighty Yahweh can not be duped.

The Pharisee were exalting themselves in front of others, but can not hide their motives from the Most High Yahweh.

Yeshua our Messiah, knew the truth and came to give us a true way to Salvation, without being tricked by these sinners who exalted themselves over other sinners.

Of course there is still this type of corruption, but by helping one and other find the truth, we are not stoning them. We are spreading the truth that we are given through the Bible.

None of us should be writing and selling a book, or seeking a mans money, we are simply pointing them in the right direction of salvation.

Not all have the understanding, but those that do have no right to keep it to themselves.

One Almighty Yahweh and one way to be forgiven, Yeshua our Messiah is the only way home.

Let no one tell you differently, because the Bible is very clear.

May 18, 2011
I like that you brought this up. :)
I was thinking about this as well. for when Jesus was very strong in His words of correction .
The one thing that stands out when Jesus did this was when He spoke this way, it was to the saduces and pharacies, who denyed who He was or used their position to abuse and condemn
Amen pickles, (always like your posts). Also with the pharisees and saducees, they taught a false religion, the mishna, claiming it was from moses and held it above YHVH's Torah. This is why Yeshua was so blunt with them. It wasn't like they were believers, screwing something up, they were down right blasphemers under the name of YHVH, and Yeshua flat out called them what they were.
Shalom

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Amen pickles, (always like your posts). Also with the pharisees and saducees, they taught a false religion, the mishna, claiming it was from moses and held it above YHVH's Torah. This is why Yeshua was so blunt with them. It wasn't like they were believers, screwing something up, they were down right blasphemers under the name of YHVH, and Yeshua flat out called them what they were.
Shalom
It is good to learn it from a manner easily understood.........thanks!

May 18, 2011
It is good to learn it from a manner easily understood.........thanks!
Blessings to you my friend