Revelation 3:15-16:
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of My mouth."
How many times have you heard it taught that God would prefer us cold (dead) to lukewarm? That's not what these verses are saying at all. A cold drink refreshes on a hot day; and a hot drink warms on a cold day. A lukewarm drink does neither. No, God certainly doesn't prefer us cold as in dead; that makes no sense.
he’s telling people to either choose life or death because of they remain on the fence he’s going to cast them out it’s an exhortation
being lukewarm means we are approaching the gospel half heartedly and without any real commitment to hear and follow the lords will
he’s exhorting them to repent
“And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write;
These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; ( blinded by mammon and material)
and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and
white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:
if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
To him that overcometh will I grant to
sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.”
Revelation 3:14-22 KJV
calling them to come forth from being on the fence and repent from thier love of the possessions and money because he’s getting ready to spit them out of they were cold or hot the decision would already be made