I would like to see yours opinions.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
Third Day has many excellent songs of praise and worship :D

That is one of the first of theirs' that I ever heard :eek:

You are welcome! :)
I love Third Day! Im listening to them right now! As for music being satanic not all secular music is. An artist that also is Christian is a huge plus for me Brain "Head"Welch has an amazing album called save me from myself That I recogmend to everyone it deals with Drug addiction and even aortion and it gives glory to God in a wonderful way!

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I deleted all my songs from my cellphone, since I've heard every kind of music can be satanic. Even these that are not from popular singers.

I would like to know how you can recognize if a song (with or without lyrics) is satanic or imply something linked to it.

I don't want to delude God.

If you have different views about the topic, don't worry. I will value each of them on my own.
Try this.. Sit down and listen to the song.. Imagine that Jesus is sitting right beside you listening along with you...

Are you comfortable and happy to listen to the lyrics of that song with Jesus? Would the song offend Jesus?

The thing is Jesus is always with us and knows everything we listen to and say..

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
I have to say that I listen to Ozzy and all kinds of other music but it is because I get the words to his songs most of them would be called satanic I would think but they are really just songs about life and lifes struggles. In my thoughts I am not looking for the devil part of the songs I am looking for the story that goes with the song. Like the dreamer he talks about how the world should become one and unified. other songs like bark at the moon well that is not one of my favorites lol so i dont listen to that one. Then there is the road to know where which I find to be inspirational believe it or not. I guess my point is is even though OZZY would be probably considered the kind of satanic music I do not even think of him that way I think of the message he is conveying in his songs. I guess each his own ya know so I would say if it bothers you do not listen to it if you okay with it and don't feel like your devil worshipping through the words of the songs then listen to it. you know where your heart belongs.

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
hey, what you're feeling & thinking isn't wrong. i stopped listening to secular music some 25 years ago, and i have very eclectic and wide-ranging musical taste. God, id turns out, was not requiring me to stop listening to music, or to stop listening to very eclectic music, even though i would have, for His sake. like Dude said, there are believers out there making music for God and making music about their lives, lives that are Christ living in these artists, in just about every genre and style you can imagine. like you affirmed, every food is good if it can be received with thankfulness -- music itself isn't evil, no music - but the spirit in it may be. your eyes are open. but God is good, and He lives!! the righteousness you hunger for, it exists, to fill you. you don't have to be paranoid, but calming down shouldn't involve quenching the Spirit that's opening your eyes, if that makes any sense :)

if that Spirit is showing you that some things are garbage, listen to what He says, and don't be afraid
Thanks a lot :) .
I also agree with you.

I had the same thought in my mind. To listen to some music, but still being vigilant, in a not paranoiac way. If I'm recently listen to less, but still listen to music, it's just during a short walk (as I always did) and at the same time, putting nothing before God.
I don't think God like to see me freaking out about something, but repent if what I'm doing is sin. And listen to music isn't itself a sin, but rather something to be careful of (it also depends on the song).

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
I love Third Day! Im listening to them right now! As for music being satanic not all secular music is. An artist that also is Christian is a huge plus for me Brain "Head"Welch has an amazing album called save me from myself That I recogmend to everyone it deals with Drug addiction and even aortion and it gives glory to God in a wonderful way!
Thanks for the information :) !

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
Try this.. Sit down and listen to the song.. Imagine that Jesus is sitting right beside you listening along with you...

Are you comfortable and happy to listen to the lyrics of that song with Jesus? Would the song offend Jesus?

The thing is Jesus is always with us and knows everything we listen to and say..
I'll try it :D . Thanks for the advice.

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
I have to say that I listen to Ozzy and all kinds of other music but it is because I get the words to his songs most of them would be called satanic I would think but they are really just songs about life and lifes struggles. In my thoughts I am not looking for the devil part of the songs I am looking for the story that goes with the song. Like the dreamer he talks about how the world should become one and unified. other songs like bark at the moon well that is not one of my favorites lol so i dont listen to that one. Then there is the road to know where which I find to be inspirational believe it or not. I guess my point is is even though OZZY would be probably considered the kind of satanic music I do not even think of him that way I think of the message he is conveying in his songs. I guess each his own ya know so I would say if it bothers you do not listen to it if you okay with it and don't feel like your devil worshipping through the words of the songs then listen to it. you know where your heart belongs.
Same here :D . I fit the meaning of a song into mine. I sometimes completely change the meaning.
Every time I listen to music, I never want to worship Satan, at all!
Actually, beside praying, through music, I thank God for my life experiences and what I learn and learned from it. It's a wonderful sensation.

Monnkai

Mar 18, 2014
There is one band I loved to death But then I found out they where satanic. Like openly I didn't read to much into the lyrics till I learned that. It's a shame the lead singer has such an enchanting voice its a shame its used to glorify satan. I pray for him sometimes. I'd love for him to become christian and write some Gospel

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
There is one band I loved to death But then I found out they where satanic. Like openly I didn't read to much into the lyrics till I learned that. It's a shame the lead singer has such an enchanting voice its a shame its used to glorify satan. I pray for him sometimes. I'd love for him to become christian and write some Gospel
I pray for him too then :D . I feel sorry for your experience.

Bella_Lee

May 18, 2017
I listen mainly to christian praise and worship songs and I always listen carefully to the lyrics to make sure they glorify God. I stopped listening to secular music many years ago because I felt they did not help me grow in my christian walk. But if I'm somewhere and they are playing secular music, I don't leave but i would be very uncomfortable if the song was full of swearing or bad words and that could cause me to leave the place. I think you have to be sensitive to your conscience, if you are listening to a song that you know is not edifying you or your christian walk and maybe even has blasphemous lyrics, I think it's best not to listen instead of rationalising it. There are so many lovely worship songs on YouTube like the ones from Bethel music, that you can listen to.
Praising and worshiping God through music and song is very uplifting and in the bible it says God inhabits the praise of his people.

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
I listen mainly to christian praise and worship songs and I always listen carefully to the lyrics to make sure they glorify God. I stopped listening to secular music many years ago because I felt they did not help me grow in my christian walk. But if I'm somewhere and they are playing secular music, I don't leave but i would be very uncomfortable if the song was full of swearing or bad words and that could cause me to leave the place. I think you have to be sensitive to your conscience, if you are listening to a song that you know is not edifying you or your christian walk and maybe even has blasphemous lyrics, I think it's best not to listen instead of rationalising it. There are so many lovely worship songs on YouTube like the ones from Bethel music, that you can listen to.
Praising and worshiping God through music and song is very uplifting and in the bible it says God inhabits the praise of his people.
Thanks for the warning :) .

That's why I created this thread. There are Christians sustaining that listen to music, but be self aware of its meaning, yet not following it, can be considered okay and you can freely listen to it; whilst other Christians, sustain you shouldn't listen to no music, but the one that prises God (some say you should even avoid the one that prises God because ' you can never know what it may hide ').

As Magenta said, Jesus wouldn't be disappointed from a follower of His.
But, of course, every Christian wants to do his/her best for be a good child to Him. So I don't want to 'go for it', just because I like doing something, without informing myself about if wrong or not. I want to take a solid decision and I'm still deciding.

And, I feel sorry for what you feel while listening to such music. I,also, feel uncomfortable while listening to swearing, generally. Especially now that I want to be nearer to God. Hope you'll get a way out of that situation. God Bless.