Idea(s) Astray: A New Day

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Senior Member
Aug 15, 2012
827
19
18
Today, I will work on 10 areas in which I want to see improvement in my life.

Consistency (on my part) will increase as I pray for God's will and apply the lessons already learned. For instance, since I focus best in the morning, this is ideal time to set aside for devotions. Since I read best while walking on the tread-mil, doing this in the afternoon or early evening is wise.

My Diet Journal needs to be honest. It should be a visual reminder of when I eat the most and how I spend around meals. Starting today, I will post my first entry... in a looooooong time.

My Exercise Journal should coinside with my reading on the treadmill. I should have a notebook dedicated only to health tips and exercise habits and goals.

To start my Offline Reading challenge, I will begin reading The Blessed Life by Robert Morris today. I do not buy into the prosperity gospel, but I am curious as to what the book is about. I do not know anything about Mr. Morris.

Intentionally for Others. What can I do to help a stranger today? There is a guy who has been coming to men's basketball who jokingly told me to get him a subway sandwich. Since I cannot remember his favorite sandwich, I will get him a Subway gift card. And give a handwritten note saying Marry Christmas.

6) Sharpen Skills -- Today I will sped 30 minutes practicing reading notes for the Treble Clef and the Bass Clef. This will move me closer to learning the guitar and piano.

Prayer for Roomy:
Right now, Lord, I just ask for wisdom in my friend's walk through the day. You know how he desires and believes you have a woman with whom he can have a family and serve with in ministry. You know how some woman is the best match for him, now, and in later years. Lord, I pray for her, whoever she is. Help her to not give up in serving you and trusting you for that mystery man, my roomy. In Jesus name, your will be done, amen.

Tonight I will ask the men to share prayer requests via a drop-box or spoken word.
The goal is to A) focus on God B) recognize that God cares about our needs C) The group should care about the group's needs D) Create solidarity as a group

In order to help someone record his or her story this year, I am going to need to have a structured set of questions and an efficient method of receiving a story that flows, or at least fits together chronologically. Tonight, then, I will write up some questions that i want answered.

On Facebook, I get Spanish bible verses sent to me. Instead of just getting the translated verse, however, I spent 15 minutes studying some of the words. Today, I will do the same.