Note: This entry will be fast and unorganized....
Lyrics: "Help me not to judge"
Reflection:
The day was used for preparing for our October outreach. I did begin reading through The Papa Prayer, and find it greater than I imagined. I honestly suggest this for supplemental reading for one's devotional life. I was led to two neighbors of our church.
The first of the two neighbors is a family that I met a long time ago, but, for whatever reason, have not really gotten to know. Well, I finally got the names: Jamie, Kevin, Nelly, and Adoni... and the dog, TB. (I still don't know why they named the dog TB!
)
The second of the two neighbors is a family that moved on for ministry purposes. The son, looking to go to the marines a month ago, said, "I am not going anymore." I was like, "ha! That was fast. What made you change direction so fast?" He replied, "I prayed about it." (How do I debate that sincere answer?) Awesome. Then, his father approached.
The father is experiencing a stubborn lukewarm to cold church person... at his new pastorate. It is overwhelming him. Well, wanting to bury the hatchet (Literally, they were chopping wood!) -- I asked for each of us to pray. It was a good time.
Back at church I spoke with a man who is obligated to help his family, but is not allowing himself to grow spiritually. He wants to be more involved with a men's ministry, as a learner. But, due to kids and wife and work, he is not making the time...yet. I look forward to how God will grow this friend of mine. He is thirsty, as the song says, for more of the Lord in his life.
I was to call Fred, but i lost his number. I asked someone on CC to pray for the number to be found in time... I had until 9 pm. I got a call with the number at 8:55 pm. Praise God! Oh, I also prayed for a gluegun... that never showed, that i know of.
Praise God anyway!
Finally, I got to talk with my sister on her birthday. That is always nice.
She is probably the most overlooked constant blessing in my life.
Well, not today!
People met: Jamie, Kevin, Adoni, Nelly, Michael, Dwane, and James [This man needs God and physical miracles in his life. He is an addict on the streets and he has a bed attitude. I am not where I can help long-term... Pray for brokenness; his pride is worse than the drugs. (I, too, have been there...in terms of pride.)]
Closing Notes:
Had I not been prayed up, there was a time in the past 24 hours where I would have leaned to making a snap judgement, if only in my heart. The Lord, however, was with me through the day. And while no particular verse was on my mind... "Do not judge" was a specific heart reminder. I do pray for James, that no matter past hurts by, chance or choice, that he finds refuge God and not just relief in a bottle. I want to be his friend. He needs a friend.
Prayer: Lord, help me not to judge
--IDEA
Lyrics: "Help me not to judge"
Reflection:
The day was used for preparing for our October outreach. I did begin reading through The Papa Prayer, and find it greater than I imagined. I honestly suggest this for supplemental reading for one's devotional life. I was led to two neighbors of our church.
The first of the two neighbors is a family that I met a long time ago, but, for whatever reason, have not really gotten to know. Well, I finally got the names: Jamie, Kevin, Nelly, and Adoni... and the dog, TB. (I still don't know why they named the dog TB!
The second of the two neighbors is a family that moved on for ministry purposes. The son, looking to go to the marines a month ago, said, "I am not going anymore." I was like, "ha! That was fast. What made you change direction so fast?" He replied, "I prayed about it." (How do I debate that sincere answer?) Awesome. Then, his father approached.
The father is experiencing a stubborn lukewarm to cold church person... at his new pastorate. It is overwhelming him. Well, wanting to bury the hatchet (Literally, they were chopping wood!) -- I asked for each of us to pray. It was a good time.
Back at church I spoke with a man who is obligated to help his family, but is not allowing himself to grow spiritually. He wants to be more involved with a men's ministry, as a learner. But, due to kids and wife and work, he is not making the time...yet. I look forward to how God will grow this friend of mine. He is thirsty, as the song says, for more of the Lord in his life.
I was to call Fred, but i lost his number. I asked someone on CC to pray for the number to be found in time... I had until 9 pm. I got a call with the number at 8:55 pm. Praise God! Oh, I also prayed for a gluegun... that never showed, that i know of.
Praise God anyway!
Finally, I got to talk with my sister on her birthday. That is always nice.
She is probably the most overlooked constant blessing in my life.
Well, not today!
People met: Jamie, Kevin, Adoni, Nelly, Michael, Dwane, and James [This man needs God and physical miracles in his life. He is an addict on the streets and he has a bed attitude. I am not where I can help long-term... Pray for brokenness; his pride is worse than the drugs. (I, too, have been there...in terms of pride.)]
Closing Notes:
Had I not been prayed up, there was a time in the past 24 hours where I would have leaned to making a snap judgement, if only in my heart. The Lord, however, was with me through the day. And while no particular verse was on my mind... "Do not judge" was a specific heart reminder. I do pray for James, that no matter past hurts by, chance or choice, that he finds refuge God and not just relief in a bottle. I want to be his friend. He needs a friend.
Prayer: Lord, help me not to judge
--IDEA