Disclaimer: below draft was called: I hit send, now what???? A lengthy prayer. It is was created on September 20, 2014. It, too, is unedited.
It is interesting how easy one can erase what one types, before hitting "send."
I have sat here, yearning to share something encouraging, transparent, and challenging.
The topics, since my first attempt, have shifted in focus. Of course, I want to point to Jesus; but I also want to be real in my reflection. I want to share something cool, or inspiring. Yet, I do not want to detour from the work of the Holy Spirit. I want to share my heart. But then I recall what my heart is, compared to Christ. Yes, it is Christ whom should be the focus. But what do I do? "Should I write a song, poem, a blog entry? Perhaps I can try my hand at cartooning." Well, instead, I do this.... I reflect. The seen image is a faint description of the reality standing before it. But this is what I have chosen. I am standing. (Actually, I am sitting, as I write this.) I am pondering. I am meditating. I am just venting for creative practice and for the needed discipline of keeping a journal. Sure, a journal is not best, when kept online for all to potentially see. But this entry is easier typed than said or penned.
...my mind is blurred....i really dont know what i just typed...
Lord, I pray that you will continue to work on me, so that I will improve in needed areas. I pray that you will help me, now, to consider others.... not myself...
Lord... i pray for my bedridden friend who is hurting spiritually and phyisically.
Lord, I pray for the kids and teens that are in this community. help me to be an encouragement to them and their families. Lord, I pray for those who are abused and those neglected. Lord, I pray for those that are orphans, and those who are without children.... who wanted/wants one. Lord, I pray that you will be with the men who are not kind to their loved ones. And I pray the same for women who are unloving to those closest to them. God, I pray that you will help me to be sensitive to the needs, unsaid and unseen needs of this community... and other ones. Lord, I pray that you will help people to encourage one another in Christ, rather than for selfish motives.
God, I pray that your Spirit will lead me through this adventure called life. Lord, always give me someone to walk with me, and when I cannot walk, to somehow aid me. Lord, help me to carry others' burdens in prayer, but also in real life. Lord, help me to have your eyes. Help me to see as you see each person. I am not looking to be God, but I know that your quality of consideration is greater than mine. Help, then, to consider better and to not fret. Lord, I pray for direction... not that I may know where to go, or where I might end. But, rather, I pray that you will give me peace in my walking, so that others might better praise you. I ask for increased wisdom, focus, and love. I pray Lord, for Dillon. He desperately needs you and other basic things. Show me how to help, and when to step away. Lord, I pray for the world leaders. I pray Lord, just as you saved a remnant in the Bible days, that you will raise up Godly leaders around the world. It does not have to be here, but I pray that God-fearing men and women-- who are in leadership positions-- will stand firm against the Enemy. Lord, I pray that you help that person who is hungry and wondering if anyone cares.
Lord, provide. Lord, help me to provide. Help me to be more cheerful in my giving and more open to giving; but not without your guidance, otherwise I will give to the wrong things. Lord I pray that you will help me to be a team player. Lord, I do not pray for health. I do not pray for safety. I do not pray for comfort. (Though, i do want those.) The most important thing to me is to be living in accordance with You. You Word is a compass for me to so, Lord. THerefore, give me hunger and thirst for You and Your Word... and provide understanding and timely application, so that I help more than hinder in following you and working with others. God, I am grateful, never enough, but I am grateful for all that you provide to each person. You truly know best and withhold just the right amount. Thank you. Remind me that there are people who want the good things more than I do. Remind me that you want the best better than the rest (and myself). Remind me that you are in Control, no matter the joys or sorrows.
God, my words will be lost.
But I pray that the message that is intended by them is found.
All glory to you, in Jesus' name, amen.
God, i pray for those who are missionaries, those who are being targeted for their faith, and I pray for those who are doing the targeting. I praise you Lord, and we trust You... WE trust in You. Jesus died for all. I pray, then, that Christians around the world will continue to love those who are enemies of You. Lord, help me to pray for any who persecute. Get all the glory, Lord.
Amazing, I just listened to the audio and read along.
It reminds me of my core concerns, in Christ.
It is interesting how easy one can erase what one types, before hitting "send."
I have sat here, yearning to share something encouraging, transparent, and challenging.
The topics, since my first attempt, have shifted in focus. Of course, I want to point to Jesus; but I also want to be real in my reflection. I want to share something cool, or inspiring. Yet, I do not want to detour from the work of the Holy Spirit. I want to share my heart. But then I recall what my heart is, compared to Christ. Yes, it is Christ whom should be the focus. But what do I do? "Should I write a song, poem, a blog entry? Perhaps I can try my hand at cartooning." Well, instead, I do this.... I reflect. The seen image is a faint description of the reality standing before it. But this is what I have chosen. I am standing. (Actually, I am sitting, as I write this.) I am pondering. I am meditating. I am just venting for creative practice and for the needed discipline of keeping a journal. Sure, a journal is not best, when kept online for all to potentially see. But this entry is easier typed than said or penned.
...my mind is blurred....i really dont know what i just typed...
Lord, I pray that you will continue to work on me, so that I will improve in needed areas. I pray that you will help me, now, to consider others.... not myself...
Lord... i pray for my bedridden friend who is hurting spiritually and phyisically.
Lord, I pray for the kids and teens that are in this community. help me to be an encouragement to them and their families. Lord, I pray for those who are abused and those neglected. Lord, I pray for those that are orphans, and those who are without children.... who wanted/wants one. Lord, I pray that you will be with the men who are not kind to their loved ones. And I pray the same for women who are unloving to those closest to them. God, I pray that you will help me to be sensitive to the needs, unsaid and unseen needs of this community... and other ones. Lord, I pray that you will help people to encourage one another in Christ, rather than for selfish motives.
God, I pray that your Spirit will lead me through this adventure called life. Lord, always give me someone to walk with me, and when I cannot walk, to somehow aid me. Lord, help me to carry others' burdens in prayer, but also in real life. Lord, help me to have your eyes. Help me to see as you see each person. I am not looking to be God, but I know that your quality of consideration is greater than mine. Help, then, to consider better and to not fret. Lord, I pray for direction... not that I may know where to go, or where I might end. But, rather, I pray that you will give me peace in my walking, so that others might better praise you. I ask for increased wisdom, focus, and love. I pray Lord, for Dillon. He desperately needs you and other basic things. Show me how to help, and when to step away. Lord, I pray for the world leaders. I pray Lord, just as you saved a remnant in the Bible days, that you will raise up Godly leaders around the world. It does not have to be here, but I pray that God-fearing men and women-- who are in leadership positions-- will stand firm against the Enemy. Lord, I pray that you help that person who is hungry and wondering if anyone cares.
Lord, provide. Lord, help me to provide. Help me to be more cheerful in my giving and more open to giving; but not without your guidance, otherwise I will give to the wrong things. Lord I pray that you will help me to be a team player. Lord, I do not pray for health. I do not pray for safety. I do not pray for comfort. (Though, i do want those.) The most important thing to me is to be living in accordance with You. You Word is a compass for me to so, Lord. THerefore, give me hunger and thirst for You and Your Word... and provide understanding and timely application, so that I help more than hinder in following you and working with others. God, I am grateful, never enough, but I am grateful for all that you provide to each person. You truly know best and withhold just the right amount. Thank you. Remind me that there are people who want the good things more than I do. Remind me that you want the best better than the rest (and myself). Remind me that you are in Control, no matter the joys or sorrows.
God, my words will be lost.
But I pray that the message that is intended by them is found.
All glory to you, in Jesus' name, amen.
God, i pray for those who are missionaries, those who are being targeted for their faith, and I pray for those who are doing the targeting. I praise you Lord, and we trust You... WE trust in You. Jesus died for all. I pray, then, that Christians around the world will continue to love those who are enemies of You. Lord, help me to pray for any who persecute. Get all the glory, Lord.
Amazing, I just listened to the audio and read along.
It reminds me of my core concerns, in Christ.