Idea(s) Astray: Drafts from the past, 4th of 6, 10.25.14

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

IDEAtor

Senior Member
Aug 15, 2012
827
19
18
Disclaimer: Immediately after this draft was written, I read the first few chapters. The book is smooth reading, although it is a bit repetitive. (Hey, stop laughing! :) ) Oh, it was drafted on my sister's "burpday" (from a Terrible Thunderlizards episode).

I attend a small group that is going through The PAPA Prayer by Larry Crabb. While I have yet to read it myself, the teacher has presented it in an irresistible way. The book has helped me, and i have yet to open it. (Correction: I just opened it.)

The author, a very wise theologian, presents the idea: Be real be for requesting.
I will see this better, of course, once i read it. But the handouts have led me to a enriched prayer time. Honestly, I had let personal prayer time slip, fade, grow... er... one-sided. In other words, I hardly listened for God beyond me praying, "God, show me" this or that.

Now, I can say that I have found an intentional way of going to God. I have learned where I best hear God, and I have noticed that, from this, I am more thoughtful of others in my prayers. I mean, when one gets to crying to God and hearing Him... prayer for others increases. Praise God!

Okay, so I have my reasons for not opening the book. Though, as someone blatantly stated, "If you wanted to be here, you would have found a way." The good news is,
as I was walking about, I came across the book... and now, now I have it to read.
So, with that, ... TO BE CONTINUED :)